No announcement yet.

Ba'al the Storm God Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took it as based on the mythological Ba'al. As with other "Sci-Fi original" movies, it's pretty crap. And that's without having seen it; you can pretty much bank on these being very very bad.
    It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
    --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Originally posted by DrJenniferDex View Post
      Thermi, which one d'you mean, the 'Three's a crowd' one? That one was made by the AWESOME Blencathra.
      Yes, that one is epic win.
      If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Look, i know i posted before a kind of anti-"Ba'al The storm god" thread, but new info may make it be worth watching even though it's a Sci fi original movie.
        Lexa Doig IS IN It, WOOT!
        i'll have to check it out

KEEP IT CLEAN
        Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
        Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Sci Fi should stop wasting money on these things and put the money into advertising or even give some to its shows like Stargate or even Eureka.

Comment

I have watched several Sci FI channel original movies. SOme because they looked like they might not be that bad, and some because they had some actor I liked. NONE of them have EVER been any good. DO people actually watch these regularly?

Spoiler:

Comment

Even tho they're listed as "Sci Fi Original Movies," that doesn't mean that Sci Fi pays to have them produced or made, or that they're made specifically to be shown on that network. The movies are made, and Sci Fi probably is the first (or in most cases only?) outlet to agree to show them.

I agree many are bad, some are just "cheesy," but every now an then there are some that are kinda interesting. And if you're home on a Saturday night to watch them, you kinda have to expect that. (Saturday night is the garbage-can of the TV week, after all.)

My local CW network shows repeats of Atlantis at 9:00 Saturday, so if nothing else, I know I always have that to look forward to. (They show the original Star Trek at 8:00, which many times is just as laughably bad as the Sci Fi movie.)

Comment

Originally posted by Airsoftguy View Post
                I have watched several Sci FI channel original movies. SOme because they looked like they might not be that bad, and some because they had some actor I liked. NONE of them have EVER been any good. DO people actually watch these regularly?
                No i never watch them. the last one i watched was about a black hole in St. Louis
                supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

The only thing that could make them better would be two robots and a person watching them in a space station movie theater and making fun of the plot and acting.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LT.Adams View Post
                    The only thing that could make them better would be two robots and a person watching them in a space station movie theater and making fun of the plot and acting.
                    definatly, that would be perfect! to bad nobody's ever tried that

KEEP IT CLEAN
                    Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                    Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

*lights a candle*
                      It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                      --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

I tried to watch this Ba'al movie, but the first 15 minutes threw me off. My head hit the desk a few times before I walked away.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf O'Donnell View Post
                          Sci Fi should stop wasting money on these things and put the money into advertising or even give some to its shows like Stargate or even Eureka.
                          The "B" movies are carving out a healthy niche on a night (Saturday) almost all broadcasters consider a graveyard for ratings.

SCI FI’s original movies turned “the most dangerous night of television” into one of the most popular nights on cable this summer with a total weekly audience averaging 2 Million (+12% vs. last summer). In the key demos, Saturday night original movies averaged 734,000 Adults 18-49 (+1%) and 955,000 Adults 25-54 (+9%).
                          The SFC investment is relatively small, the movies are generally filmed in low cost former Eastern Block countries and in some cases subsidized by their gov't, and provides unknown writers and producers a break to get recognition and a possible studio deal for more lucrative projects/jobs.

So it depends on how you look at it. As long as the movies bring in ratings that make a profit for the SFC, the business model works. As far as entertainment value, if you aren't out on the town, what else is there to watch? Most sports events are over and it's too early for the more popular late night shows and animes.
                          It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

It's a shame that a "Storm God" who might have been in existence for millions of years can only open his mouth and roar. Hasn't learned to use language as yet. LOL!

~Dave

Comment

I had it on while doing my homework kept thinking the storm was going to say bow before your god. the eyes glowing was a nice touch. another nice part of the movie was Lexa Doig.
                              sigpic

Comment

Hey, i saw this on the other night... but didn't have a chance to watch it.

Anyone want to give a rundown on the story? Was good or bad? Most Scifi movies I've seen are really cheesy...( Remembers a movie about a rock monster )

My guess is it didn't go very well.

Comment

Working...
                                X