No announcement yet.

Prince Nuada/Luke Goss Appreciation &Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't think prince nuada tried to scare humans to stay away from the forests..he was just watching and waiting to awaken the golden army

Comment

i'm happy to be here...and love to open topics about him

Comment

and i'm interested to know theses stories about him too

Comment

hi.. is there anyone that's still active on this forum????????? I noticed that the last post was on 2014. Although i was quite impressed by how long this forum lasts, (like from 2008 to 2014), but it's 2016 now and i am afraid that no one would come to this forum anymore... Has everyone's passion for prince nuada killed by the time..? I did see really good points and justifications about the movie and the prince and princess on this discussion and I really want to see more...

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk View Post
            I was wondering if the facial scarring was some type of warrior marking. And, of course, if Nuada was marked they would end up on his sister as well.

And I agree that Nuada's feelings toward his sister added an interesting depth to the story. For some reason it made the characters seem less human and more alien to me. It was certainly more of an adult twist than you would see in your average super-hero movie -- but I expect that most little kids would have missed the nuances of that particular scene (kind of like some cartoon shows like the old Rocky and Bullwinkle Show where there were jokes that were just for the grown-ups that happened to be watching with their kids). I better get some sleep - my mind is wandering.
            after watching the movie i did watch a lot of interviews and read a lot of informations about the twins. Their scars on the face are called "the royal scars" which is a ritual for the king's sons. And most of the sayings for Nuala's scar is that Nuala has it because of Nuada. And according to the novelization, the prince and princess's scars were considered unattractive to the other elf because the elfs should be clean and pure, especially it is un-normal and unattractive to a female elf. But Nuada thinks Nuala's scar is beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidSky View Post
              Just some thoughts on Prince Nuada/Princess Nuala. I don't think Nuala hated her brother she just didn't want him to awaken the Golden Army. She knew what the consequences would be. She said to her brother that they couldn't grow their green fields with all that blood. Why didn't she stop Nuada from touching her in a most unbrotherly way. Where would she go? She did looked somewhat uncomfortable when he touch her. Did you notice that she didn't look him in the eyes.

I'm waiting for the DVD to come out because I want to see the movie again. however, I won't enjoy the part where Nuada dies.

Nuada would definitely become the king of Elfland he was hier to the throne. Would Naula become Queen ? Maybe? Since there were no other elf in the royal blood line Maybe there would be no Queen. I didn't see any Queen sitting beside King Balor. I have to wonder, what was King Balor wearing on his head? Was that the royal crown?, A crown one wears when one becomes a king? It looked like a crown of tree branches. They are after all woodland elves.

Prince Nuada's attire could be consider battle wear. And with the gloves they could have been for show . If he used the gloves when he was fighting hellboy they could have been a hindrance. Did you notice he wore black gloves when he was at the auction house. Why would Nuada wear gloves when he was at he auction house? He didn't when he was at his father's court. I'm thinking the reason he was wearing gloves so he wouldn't have to touch any humans. Just a thought About the action figures yes, I would like to have them but, I don't have a lot of disposable income.

LS

well, i don't think she is uncomfortable, in the opposite, i think she totally enjoys it. Because she closes her eyes, which means that being touched by him is pleasurable for her. And more importantly, she turns her head to the side that his hand is instead of turning to her right side and avoid his touch. And when his hand has left her body she immediately opens her eyes and if you watch the movie carefully you'll notice she isn't happy or released when she opened her eye. In my opinion she seems a little yearned for his touch. I do agree that she might be fighting with her feelings.

Comment

i really wish the forum can be back up again... no one seems to come back and say something anymore... i understand that it's been so long but anyway i hope someone post some thoughts again.

Comment

Working...
                X