Prince Nuada/Luke Goss Appreciation &Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T'saria View Post
    Agreed das. I have only read the first 3 stories on Elric but he is really a guy in turmoil. It's almost painful at times. And Nuada has no turmoil about his desire to eliminate humans. You almost wish he did. Or wonder if at some point he felt differently, but got so angry he just let that uncertainty go.
    I am under the impression that Nuada always felt the way he does about humans...BUT, I think if humans had proven him wrong earlier in his life, he would have felt differently. I'm pretty sure that the scars on his body are evidence that Nuada never had a good experience with humans, and he grew more and more cynical with each passing year. That's the big difference - Nuada is a cynic, and Elric - no matter what horrors happen to him - is ever the idealist, always hoping and desiring the best.

das
    sigpic

Comment

I was wondering if there had been more character development with Nuada would we see another side to him? The side that could show remorse if he started to eliminate the human race? But, on second though his father King Balor felt great regret when he order the creation of the golden army after seeing the destruction it had done.

Nuada was more of a "quick" character for a two hour story for Hellboy. The type that had limited screen time to tell a story. I'm sorry if I used the word quick but we new that Nuada would die. On another though Nuada or Hellboy stories don't involve a "dream realm" like the Elric stories. The creators for the Hellboy movie needed a villain.

When I said Nuada and Elric are similar I met they look alike physically. And another similar both Nuada and Elric had issues with their father.
      I hope I made sense here. however, I still like the Nuada character and he is eye candy for us gals

LS

Comment

Originally posted by T'saria View Post
        Agreed das. I have only read the first 3 stories on Elric but he is really a guy in turmoil. It's almost painful at times. And Nuada has no turmoil about his desire to eliminate humans. You almost wish he did. Or wonder if at some point he felt differently, but got so angry he just let that uncertainty go.
        I noticed you started to read the Elric saga. Elric is indeed a very tormented soul. I would like to invite you to the Elric thread so we can participate in any of the books or stories you have read. Das and Sparrow hawk are among the posters. So the more the merrier or just to get another one's opinion.

LS

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=66733

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidSky View Post
          I noticed you started to read the Elric saga. Elric is indeed a very tormented soul. I would like to invite you to the Elric thread so we can participate in any of the books or stories you have read. Das and Sparrow hawk are among the posters. So the more the merrier or just to get another one's opinion.

LS

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=66733
          thanks LS. i don't venture around here enough. i miss all the other things going on at GW. i will stop on by. i need to get the next book on Elric. I want to reread the ending of the 3rd story too. i didn't have much time to finish it. due back at the library.
          WraithyPuff

Feel like slackin', read some fan fic.
          "It's actually safe to create a universe in your basement."
          Alan Guth, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, On M Theory

Comment

LOL ..ok so this thread is totally OLD, but I am soooo bumping it up because I LOVE Luke Goss AND Prince Nuada was freaking sexy badass elf PERFECTION!!!

Comment

I don't think anyone here will disagree with you
              sigpic

Comment

Ohh I just realized that you had metioned welcoming any Nuada artwork, I have TONNES I run the Prince Nuada fans on Deviant Art. I also have a website dedicated to him...and to convincing Guillermo del Toro to revist Bethmoora AND the life of Nuada. If anyone is interested http://princenuadafans.deviantart.com/ http://www.hiddenrealmentertainment.com <--- we have a cool 6 minute 3D rendered trailer here too

Anyways... here is some of my Nuada art, hope you enjoy

And some Cutey Chibi stuff...

Comment

Beautiful Artwork!! I will have to check out the web site
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
                    Beautiful Artwork!! I will have to check out the web site
                    Thank you very much I have a major Luke Goss appreciation...errr... obsession He is a beautiful man with an even more beautiful heart!! Love him!!!

I would love to hear any feedback you might have from the Hidden Realm website

Comment

I like the site

Have you seen Bone Dry? I have seen a promo for it and saw a scene it looked good but haven't been able to see it yet though
                      sigpic

Comment

I have seen bits a pieces... its actually one of the FEW that I dont own Was it perhaps the naked tied to a cactus scene?? LOLOLOL That scene freaks me out while making me drool at the same time... teehee!! I assume you have probably seen him as Nomak in Blade 2...but if you havent seen him as the Creature in hallmarks Frankenstein miniseries, you DEFINATELY should!! He plays troubled characters sooo well ;P

I actually JUST found out that Luke's new movie is going to be filmed a few hours away from me starting in October... hello ROAD TRIP!! Gonna go grope me some Goss

...glad you liked the site! We are quite happy with how its coming along so far. GDT and Luke have both seen the site all ready and gave some pretty positive responses. Luke even said he would LOVE to produce it!! A long shot... but its a beautiful thought!! All we can do is try!! Prince Nuada has so much potential for a back story!!

Comment

That is the scene I saw it is pretty much all that Youtube has is the Promo's and that scene

Oh Lucky you when you take your road trip don't forget your camera

Oh that is soooo Cool We need to get them to make the movie even Luke wants to see it made!
                          sigpic

Comment

I was watching Death Race 2 with Luke in it and I was inspired to make a sig

Last edited by dragongirl; 11 November 2011, 08:11 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

*bump*

I couldn't find a Prince Nuada forum anywhere and when I come across one it hasn't been updated since Feb. I hope this thread can start back up again.

One question that I've always wondered about (and I'm sorry if this query has been asked before), is:

1) What would Nuada have done after he had successfully (and theoretically) taken back the land from the humans?

2) What would happen to Nuala, who didn't play as big a part as her brother? What would her future role be?

3) Would she reluctantly stand by if there is nothing else she can do after the Golden Army has taken the land back?

Comment

Haven't seen HB:tGA in a while...

1.) Hmm. I'm guessing he would've tried to 'cull' the humans, at least to the point where his 'kind' wouldn't have to be in hiding anymore.(this is still taking into consideration the sister 'holding him back', I suppose)

2.) An advisor, of sorts? Perhaps the 'conscience' behind her bitter brother?

3.) Probably not.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X