Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, boo hiss. For a wild, ecstatic moment, I thought they'd finally got the Jeff Wayne WOTW project off the ground after all those years of talking about it.

Still, looks like a lot of fun. I'll definitely put it on my to rent on DVD list.

Albion
    Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

It's an event movie! You've gotta see it in the cinema. Actually there's another version of WOTW in production as well that is a more faithful retelling of the story.

Comment

Yeah, ain't it cool? The first version was totally unbelivable (that's not a good thing)

I'm not going to see in the theater though, probably. I like to wait till they come out on DVD then rent it. I'll probably do that.
        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I'm a massive Spielberg fan, I'll definately be seeing it in the cinema.

Comment

I went to Minority Report in theater, but Things just don't look so good from the front seat. I was confused and some bozos came in smelling of beer and they were smoking. I think what I might see in the theater is ... maybe Fantastic Four and maybe War of the Worlds.

I'd love it if they had a remake of Day the Earth Stood Still. I know the perfect Klaatu, the guy who plays Lionel on Smallville.
            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Actually I'm a massive Spielberg fan but I realized the last Spielberg movie I saw in the cinema was The Lost Word: Jurassic Park - That's a pretty long time. I missed The Terminal because I thought it was a romantic comedy when it turns out it was just a comedy. The movies I can't wait to see in cinema's this year are Star Wars: Episode 3 - Revenge of the Sith, War of the Worlds, and King Kong. War of the World looks like it's going to be pretty damn awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                I'd love it if they had a remake of Day the Earth Stood Still. I know the perfect Klaatu, the guy who plays Lionel on Smallville.
                You can't remake The Day the Earth Stood Still! The perfect Klaatu was Michael Rennie, not John 'The Devil' Glover (cool though he is). It would be like remaking Casablanca!

Which they did, you will recall, and it sucked like nothing on this earth.
                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Yeah, King Kong would be pretty cool to see. I liked Minority report when I saw again on cable. I dunno, it just made more sense after the second time.
                  TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I've got Minority Report on DVD. It's a great movie. It takes a little time to get use to the technology of the world, though. But it's pretty awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                      You can't remake The Day the Earth Stood Still! The perfect Klaatu was Michael Rennie, not John 'The Devil' Glover (cool though he is). It would be like remaking Casablanca!

Which they did, you will recall, and it sucked like nothing on this earth.
                      You got a point ... still, IMO if you got the right writers (good luck with that) not jack up that beautiful last speech, it might sort of ...

Of course, what am I saying. Look what they did to The Time Machine.
                      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by D.C.
                        I've got Minority Report on DVD. It's a great movie. It takes a little time to get use to the technology of the world, though. But it's pretty awesome.
                        Minority Report is good, except that it finishes at least three times. Plus you have to feel sorry for the investigator who has to die of terminal stupidity because Tom Cruise needs to be the hero.

Comment

The guy who got shot by the bad guy? I didn't mind that. I thought it was pretty cool. Minority Report had this really awesome combination of sci-fi and mystery.

Comment

Originally posted by D.C.
                            The guy who got shot by the bad guy? I didn't mind that. I thought it was pretty cool. Minority Report had this really awesome combination of sci-fi and mystery.
                            Oh come on. The only possible conclusion to the facts he laid out was...He'd seemed pretty with it up until then, but he had a sudden attack of suck of 'SG-1 in Full Circle' proportions.

Comment

You're crazy.

Comment

Well, I don't think Tom had to be the "hero", although he does have something of a savior complex in the roles he plays, but I liked Minority Report once i realized what Speilberg was saying. He was trying to convey the whole "innocent until proven guilty thing" except in this horrifying world, people are automatically "guilty before guilty". The whole idea of Pre-crime is really unfashionable and unjust because really, you don't know if the guy is going to do what the PreCogs see he will do. The future isn't really under our control.

The ending was pretty cool, I thought. When we found out that this important guy was himself a criminal it really makes you think about the real world and all the stuff thats happening to people. It was tedious, and i have a slight fear of hights now, but It was cool.
                                TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Working...
                                X