Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WB wants to restart Angel again, apparently, but the cast has moved on, so maybe faith the vampire slayer will have a chance
    Last edited by Xenan; 27 October 2004, 06:09 AM.
    Non Fui, Fui, Non Sum, Non Curo

Comment

they want to start it again? after they cancel it? pft. its there own fault, but faith would be better.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

You can read it here: http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?a...55&obj_id=42759
        Non Fui, Fui, Non Sum, Non Curo

Comment

WB wanted to restart Angel a few months after the cancelled it, but their mistake, their (and our!) loss.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
            WB wanted to restart Angel a few months after the cancelled it, but their mistake, their (and our!) loss.
            I know !!! But i think WB will regret that forever now Haha... D-mn the WB to hell
            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Is Tru Calling moving to the WB?
              Posted on Tue, 5-Oct-2004

Those ex-Sunnydalers don't have much luck do they?

Whisper has it that FOX might be done with Eliza Dushku's popular series "Tru Calling, with a report at E Online suggesting that it's being pitched to the WB. Ironically, the WB network was the first home of "Buffy", the series Dusku originally starred in.

The series, which co-stars Jason Priestley, was scheduled to debut its second season Nov. 4, but FOX decided to yank it at the last minute - saying they'll bring it back later.

From the sounds of it, FOX aren't very interested in the series. Which could mean a 'win win' for the WB (a network in need of another hit).

Good news for Australian viewers. The show returns tonight (Ch.7) after being prematurely yanked after only a couple of episodes earlier in the year.

http://www.moviehole.net/news/4301.html
              "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoBoY
                Those ex-Sunnydalers don't have much luck do they?

From the sounds of it, FOX aren't very interested in the series. Which could mean a 'win win' for the WB (a network in need of another hit).

http://www.moviehole.net/news/4301.html
                I wouldn't think its a win-win for the WB, since it wasn't even much of a hit on Fox, so what would make it a hit on the WB, unless the WB keeps its viewers in which Fox had watching Tru Calling, then maybe.

Also, the 'ex-sunnydalers' part, was it aimed at Eliza only? Because i can named a few that has succeeded, quite well life after sunnydale

Comment

Another one bites the dust...

My friend is going to be furious when he hears this.

Comment

After the news that Joss Whedon asked to be let out of his contract to develop shows for Fox, I'd say that any chance of more Angel is completely dead now. As for Eliza and a Faith the Vampire Slayer spin-off of Buffy, I think that was Joss's idea as BtVS was coming to an end, but once Eliza commited to Tru Calling, that idea died as well. I wish Joss well in feature films, and maybe he'll come back to TV someday. I'd love for the Buffyverse to be reserected, but it sure doesn't look like it will be.
                    Carter: Navigation? O'Neill: Check. Carter: Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature Control?
                    O'Neill: Check. Carter: Internal Dampeners? O'Neill: Cool!, and Check. Carter: Engine?
                    O'Neill: All Check. O'Neill: Phasers? Carter: Sorry Sir.

Comment

I know, Buffyverse But hey, i'll be happy if Joss Whedon gets an emmy or two doing his movies, then he can settle down with a tv show

Comment

This is such bad news, I didn't like Tru Calling at first, but I loved it by the end of the first series. I was really looking forward to more.
                        Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Ya, Tru didn't grab me at first either. It was the "spooky dead person" of the week, and the show's structure didn't make much sence. But, as the season progressed, they started creating their own mythology, to borrow a term from the X-Files. Now, just as things were really getting good, Fox pulls the plug. Way to go Fox. I had very little hope for the show before it first aired due to the time slot that Fox hung it with. Then it seemed like Fox was really committed to giving Tru a chance even though ratings weren't terrific. They announced it was renewed for 04-05, then they pull this crap. Talk about a bag full of mixed signals. Makes you wonder if the Fox execs are sitting around their boardroom table checking tea leaves or chicken entrails trying to decide to what to do. It's bogus thats for sure. I wish Eliza the best. I hope she gets some decent film roles. Hopefully, no more cheerleader or slasher flics. More stuff like City by the Sea.
                          Carter: Navigation? O'Neill: Check. Carter: Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature Control?
                          O'Neill: Check. Carter: Internal Dampeners? O'Neill: Cool!, and Check. Carter: Engine?
                          O'Neill: All Check. O'Neill: Phasers? Carter: Sorry Sir.

Comment

Tru Calling still alive?

Check out the article here:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=30207

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

FOX-- the network that will air 2 or 3 similar reality shows at the same time, but drops one supernatural drama when a shinier one catches their eye.

I stand by my theory that Point Pleasant will fail, though. It'll probably be a really good show, but get cancelled before it can get to a second season. FOX will then release it on DVD, and proceed to make money off of it, anyway.
                              It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

Originally posted by Manic
                                FOX-- the network that will air 2 or 3 similar reality shows at the same time, but drops one supernatural drama when a shinier one catches their eye.

I stand by my theory that Point Pleasant will fail, though. It'll probably be a really good show, but get cancelled before it can get to a second season. FOX will then release it on DVD, and proceed to make money off of it, anyway.
                                Unless it retains it ratings that it gets from the American Idol lead-in, but we all know ratings go down...

But i too think it'll fail in the ratings...

Comment

Working...
                                X