True Blood - Spoilers and Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good fun episode - big up drunk Eric!

On the Spanish / Latin thing I noticed that too Cold Fuzz but I guess it's not too off as educated people in those days pretty much all spoke or read Latin. I guess the Spanish was just so the slow among us could link it back to the "Spanish massacre" conversation Looking forward to more of the backstory on that especially if it involved Godric My guess is the vamps set her up to take the fall for some of their over-eating or similar..

The Tommy skinwalker theory is looking stronger and stronger now. Really those 2 just about deserve to die. Although knowing Sam's rage perhaps it won't be Tommy after all..

Bill is turning into a bit of an ass as King, threatening the lovely Pam, how gauche.

Marnie must definitely die for daring to do that to Pam. No simple exorcism will do now and surely even little Miss AVL will see that! I think Pam will be fine though, a drop of maker's blood and a few weeks in the coffin will sort her right out once Marnie is destroyed (I hope).

Felton dead? Brucie bonus
    "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

that was a really good episode. though it again just moved all the many story lines along. it does seem like sookie/eric's storyline is about to collide with the witch story more.

so glad that jessica/hoyt were there to find jason. speaking of jason glad he killed that guy, he deserved to die.

definitely seeing tommy killing his parents (who deserve it) or sam killing them...

and arlene's kid is really creepy!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
        I just finished watching "I'm Alive and On Fire." So far, this and episode 402 have been my favorites, probably because both episodes ended with Marnie being possessed by the witch, casting spells in Latin with that modulated voice, and a vampire being completely screwed. One of Pam's major assets was her striking good looks and the witch from the dead absolutely ruined that for her. I admit there's a certain former acquaintance I wish that spell could be used on because she's one of those people who knows she's good-looking, is ponderously vain about it, and needs to be taught a harsh lesson about having to rely on her looks.

I'm curious as to the backstory of the witch that was burned in the Inquisition, specifically how the vampires enter the picture. I wonder if the vampires had something to do with her being executed? A small interesting observation about this witch: During all of the spell casting when possesses Marnie, she's speaking in Latin. But when we saw the flashback of her being burned at the stake, she was speaking in Spanish.

I definitely liked seeing Alcide in wolf form again. The wolf they used for him has a very nice blend of white, grey, and light brown coloring. I especially liked how the wolf gave this WTF look when Sookie and he saw Eric in the pond. Even the sounds he was making were very funny, especially when Alcide started growling in human form.

Though it was cool to see Felton shift into panther form and stalk Jason for a while, I'm not sorry to see him dead. He was the classic abusive male but his depravity sank to a new level when he tried to get his niece/daughter to tell about what it was like to have sex with the line, "Tell your Uncle-Daddy Felton all about it." It was quite satisfying to see Jason take him down with his makeshift spear.

Does anyone remember the name of the actress who played Andy and Portia's grandmother? I can't remember her name at the moment.

Her name is Katherine Helmond and she was Mona from Who's the Boss.
        sigpic
        Sig made by me

Comment

Crazy good fun, as usual. Eric was epicly hilarious (Also, in the same vein: "Alcide, stop makin' that noise!"), Jason was totally badass (And do I sense a Jason/Jessica pairing in the future? I wouldn't mind, but damn, poor Hoyt if true...), tea with the Bellafleur's was epic (They still live at home ahaha. I wonder if Terry was the first one to actually leave the nest, which is a strange thought), felt sorry for Tommy (You'll learn soon. It's a lot less hard than learning to read, but you'll learn), the ladies on this show continue to be hot as hell (Sookie! Pam! Tara! Jessica! Hell, even Crystal and Debbie looked brilliant.), and I'm digging Marnie as this year's bad guy - not herself, obviously, but the witch she's being possessed by. Good times.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Hmm Jason & Jessica? Well Jason is a sucker for the ladies, not to mention for V, Jessica's hot and just saved his life and Hoyt is... Hoyt! So yeah I reckon it could be on the cards

Terry is of course a Bellefleur but I think he's a cousin to Andy & Portia rather than a sibling. So he was probably lucky enough to escape the emasculating ordeal of growing up at Belle Rive
            "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

Originally posted by Huaracocha View Post
              Good fun episode - big up drunk Eric!

On the Spanish / Latin thing I noticed that too Cold Fuzz but I guess it's not too off as educated people in those days pretty much all spoke or read Latin. I guess the Spanish was just so the slow among us could link it back to the "Spanish massacre" conversation Looking forward to more of the backstory on that especially if it involved Godric My guess is the vamps set her up to take the fall for some of their over-eating or similar..

The Tommy skinwalker theory is looking stronger and stronger now. Really those 2 just about deserve to die. Although knowing Sam's rage perhaps it won't be Tommy after all..

Bill is turning into a bit of an ass as King, threatening the lovely Pam, how gauche.

Marnie must definitely die for daring to do that to Pam. No simple exorcism will do now and surely even little Miss AVL will see that! I think Pam will be fine though, a drop of maker's blood and a few weeks in the coffin will sort her right out once Marnie is destroyed (I hope).

Felton dead? Brucie bonus
              You know, I have a theory about that witch. I don't think she was a witch at all, at least not at first. Given how she addressed both Eric and Pam as evil spirits, (malinge spiritus in Latin) maybe she was formerly a member of the Catholic Church? I put out this theory because this is the spell--though it's a Jesuit prayer--that the witch used on Eric. The highlighted parts in red are the ones the witch used in episode 402 while the rest of the text is in black. It took me a while to find the original Latin text but it's definitely a Jesuit prayer. It's in the section marked as "DIMISSIO JESUITARUM."

Iam tibi impero et praecipio maligne spiritus! ut confestim hinc a me et summa illa pecuniarum allata et circulo discedas, absque omni strepito, terrore, clamore et foetore, asque sine omni damno mei tam animae quam corporis, absque omni laesione cujuscunque creaturae vel rei; et ad locum a justissimo Deo tibi deputatum in momento et ictu oculi abeas; et hinc proripias. Hoc tibi praecipio in nomine et virtute, potentia ac potestate sanctissimae Trinitatis, Patris +, et Filiis, et Spiritus sancti. Ecce crucem Domini! Fugite partes adversae!

In English, the whole thing roughly translates as:

Now I command and charge you, O evil spirit! that you immediately bring to me all that money, and then depart from the circle, abstaining from all noise, terror, tumult, and stench, and if you refuse I will damn you both in body and soul. And abstain from harming any creature or thing, and depart immediately to the place which God's justice has appointed for you. Depart from my sight and flee from here. This I command in the name and virtue, potency and power, of the most Holy Trinity, the Father +, and the Son +, and the Holy Spirit +. Behold the cross of the Lord! Fly away to other parts!

A witch wouldn't be using something like this to bind and command vampires and evil spirits. My theory is that the woman burned at the stake was a nun or some other member of the Catholic Church who definitely had supernatural powers. She was probably very close to proving the existence of vampires to the world. The vampires probably then glamoured the Catholic Church into executing her as a witch.

Originally posted by blueray View Post
              that was a really good episode. though it again just moved all the many story lines along. it does seem like sookie/eric's storyline is about to collide with the witch story more.

so glad that jessica/hoyt were there to find jason. speaking of jason glad he killed that guy, he deserved to die.

definitely seeing tommy killing his parents (who deserve it) or sam killing them...

and arlene's kid is really creepy!
              Yeah, I'm definitely seeing Tommy killing his parents out of revenge and Tommy gaining he skinwalker ability... and then getting back at Sam. He'll probably blame Sam for treating him badly, which "forced" him to go back to his parents (at least in Tommy's mind).

I won't be missing Felton any time soon. Good riddance to a bad kitty.

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
              Her name is Katherine Helmond and she was Mona from Who's the Boss.
              I knew she looked familiar. I haven't seen Who's the Boss in ages but I still remember the face.

Hmm Jason & Jessica? Well Jason is a sucker for the ladies, not to mention for V, Jessica's hot and just saved his life and Hoyt is... Hoyt! So yeah I reckon it could be on the cards

Terry is of course a Bellefleur but I think he's a cousin to Andy & Portia rather than a sibling. So he was probably lucky enough to escape the emasculating ordeal of growing up at Belle Rive
              Because of his PTSD in Iraq, I'm sure Grandma Bellefleur quietly had him leave the house.
              Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 21 July 2011, 05:54 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Nice find on that Latin prayer to match the chanting

That's a reasonable theory although it still leaves open the question as to what exactly the "Spanish massacre" was. I doubt the vamps would care if it was a massacre of humans (unless it was done by vamps). So I would guess either a vamp massacred some humans and they fixed the blame on her, she massacred some vamps and they got her burned, or perhaps - and my favourite theory - she survived the burning with her powers and then massacred some vamps.

She says "you are the ones who will burn" or something similar in Spanish in the flashback so maybe the massacre was actually the people in the square trying to burn her? Although I don't see why the vamps would care about that unless, as you guess, they set up the burning in the first place. Still a few more pieces of the puzzle here to be found I think

As for Terry, I think you're right. Either he never grew up in Belle Rive in the first place being a cousin or he shipped off to war young and was booted out soon after his return for being mad as a box of frogs!

Comment

Nice find on that Latin prayer to match the chanting

That's a reasonable theory although it still leaves open the question as to what exactly the "Spanish massacre" was. I doubt the vamps would care if it was a massacre of humans (unless it was done by vamps). So I would guess either a vamp massacred some humans and they fixed the blame on her, she massacred some vamps and they got her burned, or perhaps - and my favourite theory - she survived the burning with her powers and then massacred some vamps.

She says "you are the ones who will burn" or something similar in Spanish in the flashback so maybe the massacre was actually the people in the square trying to burn her? Although I don't see why the vamps would care about that unless, as you guess, they set up the burning in the first place. Still a few more pieces of the puzzle here to be found I think

As for Terry, I think you're right. Either he never grew up in Belle Rive in the first place being a cousin or he shipped off to war young and was booted out soon after his return for being mad as a box of frogs!
                  Thanks. It took a bit of effort to figure out just what Marnie was saying when she was possessed. Ecclesiastical Latin is not as easy to figure out as straight Latin. After that though, Google did the rest.

For those who are interested, this is the summary for episode 405, "Me and the Devil." Definite spoilers. I was a bit surprised myself:

Spoiler:
                  Me and the Devil -- July 24
                  Sookie nurtures Eric; Bill gets involved personally in the necromancy crisis; Pam takes the veil; Sam becomes Tommy’s accomplice; Arlene and Terry look to religion to solve their problem; Jesus and Lafayette journey to Mexico to harness a shaman's power; Jason convalesces.

And now I really do have to go to bed as I have to be up in less than 5 hours.
                  Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 21 July 2011, 05:52 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

So totally loving this season more so than the others!! O_O!! Eric is awesome!!
                    sigpic

Comment

I am sure you all have already seen this, but in case someone hasn't, TrueBlood-news.com has the whole video of the True Blood panel from comic con. It was very entertaining and I am so sorry I couldn't go to Comic Con. One of these days....
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by me

Comment

Very minor spoilers, very minor. But tags anyway.
                        Spoiler:
                        http://hollywoodcrush.mtv.com/2011/0...ood-comic-con/

'True Blood' Comic-Con Panel Teases Plenty Of Naked Sookie And Eric

After one "Sookeh," a fan's request to be called "hooker," and Rutina Weasley bursting into happy tears, the 2011 "True Blood" panel at San Diego Comic-Con has come to a close.

The sizzle reel warmed fans up. Then came the arrival of the cast, complete with the Comic-Con debut of Alexander Skarsgard, who was welcomed by the largest applause I have heard since Robert Pattinson walked out into Hall H at the 2008 "Twilight" panel. Let's just say season four has a lot of naked Sookie and Eric (together!!!) to look forward to.

It should be noted that Skarsgard and Kristen Bauer van Straten have the cutest chemistry of the entire "True Blood" cast (sorry Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer). Read on to hear about some of their most precious moments after the jump.

The best came after a fan asked whether fans will ever see how Eric made Pam. After saying we will definitely be seeing that in season five (!!!), Alexander turned to Kristen, pinched her cheek and said, "Oh, my baby." The audience exploded in laughter as Kristen joked back, "Yeah, daddy." Not letting it die, Alexander asked, "Who's my little girl?" She was too busy laughing to respond for a while, but as Dreamboat McGee waited expectantly for her to say something back, she could only laugh out, "Me!" Keep in mind this was a lot more cute and a lot less sexual than it seems on paper.

Later in the panel, another fan asked what would happen to Pam if she were to lose her memory. "Who would Pam be without her memory?" Kristen asked herself. "She'd be a horrible dresser." Alexander burst out laughing, finding it hilarious that "that's your biggest fear." Kristen defended herself, saying, "She'd be some homemaker. Love children. That's horrible, let's hope we never see that!"

But there was more to the panel than just the two of them, fortunately. Anna and Stephen were among the cast attending, as were Ryan Kwantan, Nelsan Ellis, Kevin Alejando, Rutina Weasley, Deborah Ann Woll and creator Alan Ball. One of the most interesting questions poised to Alan was why he has deviated from the books as much as he has, something any fan of the books has asked herself at least once. "There would be no surprises," he argued back.

In terms of news to report, Alan implied, with a big ol' smile at the end, that we maybe hadn't seen the last of Sookie's fairy godmother Claudine because "those of you who know the books know that fairies are born in litters and they're identical." Also, some variation of the strip club Hooligans that is run by Claudine's brother Claude in the book will appear in season five as a cover for some supernatural events. Speaking of supes, we'll be seeing ghosts, demons and a whole lot of new magical creatures over the next two seasons.

And don't worry about "True Blood" ending any time soon, because Alan Ball certainly isn't. "I think this show has a tremendous amount of life," he said. "I hope to get to the point where it becomes a problem for us in the writers room to explain why the vampires seem to be aging."
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I think tonight's episode featured my favourite True Blood scene of all time (Or at least up there, like Franklin's various melodramas, Godric's death et cetera):

Spoiler:
                          Jason/Jessica/Hoyt dream. First off, Deborah Ann Woll = Complete Fox. Second off, Jason = Hilarious. Adding Hoyt to commentate = Triple the hilarity. Like seriously, that was such an awesome scene.

Rest of the episode was great too, but damn.

Although... Look, I loved the scene and the only reason we got it is because Jess gave Jason her blood et cetera, but seriously, playing Jason's rape for laughs beforehand was just... not cool. The creator himself has out and out called it "justice". Justice. For being a bit of a player, even though it already ****ing got him into trouble before. That **** does not fly with me at all man. There's only so much crazy wt****ery in this show before even I have to go, "WUT". Rape being played for laughs like it is is definitely one of them. /soapbox.
                          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Spoiler:

Comment

Another excellent episode of True Blood!

Spoiler:
                              The Jason/Jessica/Hoyt sex scene was hilarious!
                              sigpic

Comment

just saw the ep:

Spoiler:
                                first of all the jessica/hoyt and jason dream lol. i loved hoyt's commenting lol. and side note the part in marrolottes where jason freaks out because the next day is a full moon.

it was interesting have sam and tommy bond over bearing their parents. and the part when tommy turned in to an alegator was great lol. i wonder if andy wasn't on v if he would have realized that was tommy (since he knows sam is a shifter it'll make sense that his brother would be too).

overall good episode, next week looks good with the eric/bill fight.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X