Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battlestar Galactica Intro - Stargate SG-1 style )

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
    to be fair, a large part of that is due to Bioware's pro game making skills. kotor2 (developed by Obsidian), while still all right, wasn't any where near as good. Same thing with Neverwinter Nights 2 (also Obsidian ;o). Though the mask of the betrayer expansion for nwn2 was pretty good.

I'm keen to check out Mass Effect on teh PC. Meant to be rated pretty good on the xbox, but we all know that consoles are for noobs so that doesn't really mean anything. But it is a Bioware RPG so I'll be expecting good things.
    I think KotOR II would have been as good if it had been finished. I think that even if Bioware had made the sequel, it wouldn't have been as good because the kids at LucasArts would have pushed it to be out for christmas.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
      never heard of it before. Looking it up though, it was made by the X-wing series dev's so that's worth a few points.
      Yeah as I said it isn't blow you away amazing at first but there are 1000's of mods available to improve upon it. with the way I have the game set up at the minute it's barely recognisable as the same game.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
        That one is brilliant- actually plays like it was made for the show. It's probably my most-watched youtube vid.

Comment

Originally posted by GateDragon View Post
          i'm not sure what section to post this in so i thought a netural area would be cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL48A...eature=related

I was wondering how the SG-1 theme would play for the BSG and I have to tell you this was done very, very well.

"Some here believe life began out there....................."

Let's get some one on the original theme and make a good one. I've seen one but it was kinda crappy down to overlay it with the new series. The original theme is a very, very good theme. It's powerful , it's dramatic and I think if some one can bring forth their sound mixing and editing skills forth on this one we can get a good remix of Old theme with the new intro of bsg.

TheChosen1

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
            NICE!

That is most excellent, come on ppl keep em coming I know we can do a Well done Original BSG Them with the new BSG opening Credits.

TheChosen1

Comment

Originally posted by TheChosen1 View Post
              NICE!

That is most excellent, come on ppl keep em coming I know we can do a Well done Original BSG Them with the new BSG opening Credits.

TheChosen1
              You mean like this?

Comment

*shivers*
                I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                  You mean like this?
                  Hey that wasn't too bad at all. Nice.

Question though to anyone. I would like to make my own(It'll definitly pwn all btw) Retro BSG with the Re-imagined BSG. Can anyone give me clues on how to go about making one, ie: how to meld clips and music together ?

Thanks.

TheChosen1

Comment

Hey that wasn't too bad at all. Nice.

Question though to anyone. I would like to make my own(It'll definitly pwn all btw) Retro BSG with the Re-imagined BSG. Can anyone give me clues on how to go about making one, ie: how to meld clips and music together ?

Thanks.

TheChosen1
                    Movie Maker? It's the most idiot-proof program out there, only thing is that it was made by idiots who don't know how to make a program that doesn't crash.

Otherwise you just start playing around in it, can't really give any clues. There are some packs of add-on effects out there (the retro credits above use some of them), but be careful about downloading them because as I said, movie maker is finicky and the most simple of things can make it crash.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                      That one is brilliant- actually plays like it was made for the show. It's probably my most-watched youtube vid.
                      cause there share ONE common bond .......Ron moore

Comment

This is along the lines of something I would like to make, this is actually a cool video. I was able to get a midi file for the "Some believe life here began out there........" Though its not that great quality. I need to get the Original bsg them of clear quality and then all I need is to put a montage of clips together and overlay the music. Though I never worked with Movie maker I think If I can get the clips I want and find some clear quality mp3 files of all the above mentioned audio/sound files, I'd be good to go. Anyways enjoy the clip above I found.

TheChosen1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh4Od...eature=related

Comment

This is along the lines of something I would like to make, this is actually a cool video. I was able to get a midi file for the "Some believe life here began out there........" Though its not that great quality. I need to get the Original bsg them of clear quality and then all I need is to put a montage of clips together and overlay the music. Though I never worked with Movie maker I think If I can get the clips I want and find some clear quality mp3 files of all the above mentioned audio/sound files, I'd be good to go. Anyways enjoy the clip above I found.

TheChosen1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh4Od...eature=related
                          My dad has the original BSG on DVD. I could get you a mp3 of the old opening.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Murcielago View Post
                            My dad has the original BSG on DVD. I could get you a mp3 of the old opening.
                            Awesome could you also get me an mp3 of the closing as well. "

Fleeing from the Cylon tyranny the last Battlestar Galactica leads a rag-tag fugitive fleet, on a lonely quest a shinning planet known as EARTH!"

On a personal note, the musical score to this and dialog to the closing of the episode, I don;t think you can get much more of dramatic and emotional pull from it. It's just so powerful.

TheChosen1

Comment

Awesome could you also get me an mp3 of the closing as well. "

Fleeing from the Cylon tyranny the last Battlestar Galactica leads a rag-tag fugitive fleet, on a lonely quest a shinning planet known as EARTH!"

On a personal note, the musical score to this and dialog to the closing of the episode, I don;t think you can get much more of dramatic and emotional pull from it. It's just so powerful.

TheChosen1
                              It should be in you PM inbox now.
                              Both the old and new Galactica have awesome soundtracks.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X