No announcement yet.

what's sorta, kinda, like sg1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what about sliders? I love firefly by the way.

Comment

Sliders is one of those shows that is brilliant in concept, but very, very flawed in execution.

Basically, it's good for about the first two seasons but after that it's garbage.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        Funnily enough this exactly what I'm referring to.
        i didn't like cathrine tate at all until that episode but my opinion of her just did a complete 180 because of that ep. Even more so in planet of the ood and again in the sontarran stratagem.........
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Theimmortaljedi View Post
          what about sliders? I love firefly by the way.
          I was only an occasoinal viewer, but from what I remember I really liked it. My one issue with it back in the day was that for a book worm type Jerry O'Connell sure layed the smack down on some bad guys a lot. Seems like later on it became kind of a revolving door cast. Personally though, I'd be willing to give it a second look. And it didn't seem too sexual and so forth either.
          Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Sliders is one of those shows that is brilliant in concept, but very, very flawed in execution.

Basically, it's good for about the first two seasons but after that it's garbage.
            I couldn't even make it through the first season. I got the second disc and found I just couldn't watch it and cancelled the rest of my requests on the series. I think a lot of it came from the fact that I immediately didn't like Jerry O'Connell and thought he was a pretty weak actor.

Jonathan Ryes-Davies was amusing, but not enough to keep me watching.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              Funnily enough this exactly what I'm referring to.
              That scene was amazing! I was sitting there trying not to tear up in front of my siblings- and that was my second time watching.

Comment

I thought maybe with a team element it would be close.

Comment

what about Atlantis?
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I always thought that Stargate SG-1 was sort of like Star Trek meets M*A*S*H.
                    sigpic
                    Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Primeval is pretty good imo.

Lost girl is a good series with good humor but I can't say that it is all that similar to SG-1.

Comment

Working...
                      X