Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's one of the earlier ones. I think that I saw it on the Timeline DVD.
    A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

PJ- it was in almost all of the earlier ones and you can't miss it. When the udajeets or B-2 Bombers or whatever they are are flying in the previews, it's the battle-type music from the original score.

The SG theme was also used in a preview or two of Time Machine. And probably a billion other things. Like someone (or a lot of people said), it's a popular piece and despite the tendency of certain fan types to pop a blood vessel at the thought of such sacrilege () it really IS very common.

From the FilmScoreMonthly.com FAQ (and a big w00t! to Lukas, whom I actually know):

Q: What was the music I heard in a trailer to an upcoming film?

A: Motion picture trailers today are almost always produced independent of the actual films they are advertising. Certain pieces of music have become very popular amongst these trailer production companies for their ability to "sell" a movie and convey a lot of emotion in a short period of time -- hence they are frequently used in trailers to unrelated pictures.

Film scores like Come See the Paradise, Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story, Rudy and Hoffa -- and classical pieces like the ubiquitous "O Fortuna!" from Carmina Burana -- are several notable examples of pieces of music which have been taken out of their original context and used over and over for different marketing campaigns.

Comment

PJ- it was in almost all of the earlier ones and you can't miss it. When the udajeets or B-2 Bombers or whatever they are are flying in the previews, it's the battle-type music from the original score.
        OK... well, I guess I just don't recognize it then. Which track on the original soundtrack did it come from?

Never mind... I found it! It's on the TEASER, not the TRAILER. Big difference, huh? Ok, thanks!
        Last edited by puddlejumper747; 16 October 2004, 06:53 PM.
        There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Working...
        X