Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about Futurama? There are 4 box sets out there, very affordable these days, and it's one of the more cleverly written Sci Fi shows of the past few years, IMO.
    LiveJournal

"I never wanted to be an actor. I wanted to be a Time Lord...it just took me a while to figure it out."
    David Hewlett, SciFi Magazine, April 2008

Comment

I would totally recommend -Star Trek Voyager if you liked TNG, Jericho is another great series, that's just in it's second or so - so you might be able to catch it on a tv channel somewhere - so that's a cheap option.

Farscape, Buffy, Angel, Sarah Connor the Chronicles, Torchwood, Dr Who, Lost, Numb3rs, Spooks...
      sigpic
      Thanks to Copter for the Sig and Avi!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lilandra View Post
        you might like Andromeda, but you never know
        The first 3 seasons were fabulous.
        Chicago Con Attendee 2011
        Chicago Con Attendee 2010
        GateCon Attendee 2008
        Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy. Personally, I love Douglas Adams' writing and Im spending almost entire days listening to the radio shows.

Wikipedia it for more info
          The Geek shall inherit the earth

Proud Sparky Supporter
          Keeping the Heart and Soul of Atlantis Alive
          "They can take our Elizabeth, but they can ne'er take our SPARKY!"

Comment

Jericho - it's only 1.25 seasons long but it's so damned good!
            Firefly - once again only one season but absolute ownage!
            BSG - The new one obviously a good programme for someone who wants to think about a show, if you know what I mean. I think there is something like 60 episodes of this so more than enough to keep you busy for quite some time. Plus the 4th and final season starts in like 2 days!!!

Comment

Firefly if you want something small and epic. BSG if you want something big and epic.
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                Firefly if you want something small and epic. BSG if you want something big and epic.
                Indeed. I see the Firefly set on sale regularly for $15-$20.
                BSG is the best long term Sci-Fi to be put out in years. (IMHO)
                "Science Fiction is an existential metaphor. It allows us to to tell stories about the human condition.
                Isaac Asimov once said 'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and and philosphers of today. But the core of science fiction--it's essence--has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all.' "
                ~Grell, 'Silver/Teal'c', SG-1, 200th Episode

Comment

Originally posted by Dezdmona View Post
                  Indeed. I see the Firefly set on sale regularly for $15-$20.
                  BSG is the best long term Sci-Fi to be put out in years. (IMHO)
                  And its one of the best shows I've ever seen.
                  I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                  Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                    And its one of the best shows I've ever seen.
                    Snap

Comment

Earth: Final Conflict was a pretty good show, but it's really hard to come by.

Comment

Torchwood
                        Doctor Who
                        Dead Like Me

Comment

I was in the same situation a couple months ago when I finished SG-1 (I had already been caught up with Atlantis).

I searched up the SG-1 actors on IMDB and was pleasantly surprised to find Ben Bowder and Claudia Black had previously been on a little series called Farscape!

Currently starting on the 4th season of Farscape, I highly recommend it.

I'm looking into BSG as my next option.

I also agree with whoever suggested Jericho, that is an awesome show..although i don't see how it falls under sci-fi, but a great one to watch nonetheless.

Farscape
                          Jericho
                          BSG
                          sigpic

Comment

Firefly is by far the best series I have ever watched in my life. Sadly, it only lasted 13 episodes, so be careful getting in to it--the whole only lasting a dozen episodes thing is a major disappointment.

Comment

Working...
                            X