This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David
    What I'm beginning to not like about Revelation is what I also didn't care for with Riven. There really is no direction. Any one objective can come before the other. I prefer my gameplay to be linear. In III when you got inside the tower you were told what you were supposed to do, and in tern you visited the three ages and took care of business but, like Riven, Revelation sends you almost anywhere at any point in the game. It's very confusing because you can easily end up wandering.

Wandering is good from the exploring perspective, but me, I'm linear.
    I agree with that, David. So I guess, I'm linear also.

Comment

Well the Family Tree is a good place to start for the names on the bookcase and the order is in Yeesha's diary. It's hard though because the names look really really similiar so I got it wrong loads.

Comment

There's a family tree? Which building??

Comment

mwhahahahahahhahahahaha, mwhahahahahah ha. Ha. hahahaha. haha.

Well I could tell you, hmmmm, I dunno

SPOILERS FOR MYST
          When you come from the observatory in the lift on the middle floor, the first building you come to has a down ladder, when you're down there you can turn on a light and move it to look at the family tree. Take a picture It'll come in useful.

Comment

Thanks! Going now!

Homework?? Bah!

Comment

Have you got to Serrenia yet? I have but havn't played since i got there because of some homework. The story goes weird at that point and I got kind of stuck anyway. I need to play again.

How far is everyone?

Comment

Got through Myst. Will probably start on Riven this afternoon. I'll catch up with you guys eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Markey2
                  Have you got to Serrenia yet? I have but havn't played since i got there because of some homework. The story goes weird at that point and I got kind of stuck anyway. I need to play again.

How far is everyone?
                  I'm still in Spire. But I haven't played since last Thurs. because I was out of town.

Comment

I'm really getting tired of trying to figure out spire. Has anyone figured out the music machine?

Comment

Music Machine what????!!!>??!?!???>?>!?

Where is THAT!!!

I gave up on Spire as well! I havn't played for ages!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by David
                        I'm really getting tired of trying to figure out spire. Has anyone figured out the music machine?
                        You mean the one with chair? If it is, I'm working on that one.

Comment

Howdy folks! I thought it was high time to revive this thread.

Is anyone still playing Myst Revelation? Any other myst games? I haven't played in about a month. I spent a lot of time in the Age with the boat and just basically looked around a lot of the Ages to get my bearings. The Help Map is really pathetic, me thinks.

Anyone beat the game?

I'll probably be jumping back into it soon. If only school wasn't starting back Tuesday!!

Comment

Ok, this thread suprised me. I have started and followed many a Stargate thread on the Myst boards I frequent, but I never expected to see a Myst thread on a Stargate board.

I am a long-time follower of the Myst saga, and I was a tester on Uru from it's pre-alpha stages through to release, an experience I still hold dear. In fact, I got to show an early stage of Uru to a group of people at the Philadalphia Mysterium convention in 2002. I operated the interface while Rand Miller (one of the creators of Myst, and the man who reluctantly played Atrus in the series) and Richard Watson conducted a tour of the Bevin Neighborhood in D'ni, and the Age of Eder Kemo (then just called "The Garden."). My name is even in the credits-book for Uru. Page 7, line 2.

I haven't yet finished Myst 4: Revelation due to some happenings in real-life not giving me extensive amounts of time to devote to it. I hope to get back to it soon... or at least before Myst V: End of Ages comes out this Fall.

-IMF

Screenshot from Myst 5: here
                            "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                            "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                            BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Oh, and for those who may have missed Uru Live, the Online version of Uru, or who got in and had it cruelly yanked from under you... there is Until Uru. Until Uru is basically a fan-run version of Uru Live. Cyan still runs the authentication (you pay a one-time $5.95 fee to help them with their costs), and fans run the individual shard-servers. So, if you have a legal copy of Uru: Ages Beyond Myst, and would like to play it online with some other Myst fans, then this is just the ticket.

A couple of caveats though:

1.) Your copy of Uru must be a clean, unmodified copy, with a valid CD-Key.
                              2.) Until Uru does not function with the To D'ni or Path of the Shell Expansion Packs.
                              3.) There will sadly be no content updates or bug-fixes for this, as Cyan does not have the funding for it. This is just a fan-run effort of using Uru more along the lines of how it was meant to be.

-IMF
                              "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                              "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Myst V? So Soon?????

Comment

Working...
                                X