Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live in australia, and wow - the American Sci-Fi Channel is really messed up. Wrestling? Ghost shows? I don't think ghost shows are science fiction. For one thing: They're supposed to be REALITY. science fiction, is just that: Fiction. My mum watches a channel called W just about every Saturday night, cause they've got a Paranormal night on. That's what ghost shows are, paranormal. And how, in the name of anything, did wrestling get on the channel?

Comment

Well, some of the shows on SciFi are crappy, although they've had a few on my re-look list (The mini -series Bermuda triangle/time travel movie with Catherine Bell comes to mind, and I did like Tin Man.). Actually, the promo ads for "the most violent night on television" are a hoot; better than the movies they make! ("Split in half, built a nest and then mated with itself.") ROTFL!

What bothers me more than the low budget movies are the ever intrusive banner ads that are so prominent IN THE FIRST RUN EPISODES! Having a strip of the picture blocked by dayglo splashes of some show, covering up details we can't see to figure out the plot - that's just plain self defeating. Are they trying to drive viewers away? I don't even know what show they're pushing because I'm trying to follow the show that's ON, d'uh.

And while I'm on that rant, what's with the promos giving away the ending of cliff-hanger eps? After the "the building IS the bomb" fiasco in season 9, it was said that TPTB would strive for more control or oversight in the promo production. Yet it's happened again: how ludicrous is it to give the potential viewer a line like "You won't believe what happens in the last five minutes!" And then SHOW you before you've seen the epsiode?

Just sayin', Sci-Fi still has me because of Stargate Atlantis, for now. Sometimes they get it right. I like Ani-Monday, and even a stray classic sci-fi movie when they get them. I just want them to get it right more often. [/rant]
      MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
      sigpic
      Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Working...
      X