This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek VIII: First Contact
    We are born capable of greatness... If we are to be who we are, and what we are; if we are to accomplish great things, then we must learn the heart's most essential rule:

Comment

A lotta them have already been named, but a few that I don't think have been mentioned would be the 1968 Planet of the Apes, Back to the Future, Spaceballs (under parodies), the older War of the Worlds, The Abyss...
      Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
      Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
      Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
      --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Lots of my favorites listed, including Fifth Element, Andromeda Strain, 2001 a Space Odyssey, Solaris (Russian version).

I'd add Colossus, the Forbin Project; a bit like Hal in 2001 but more like his evil daddy. For pathos aplenty, Silent Running. I'm also partial to the Quartermass films (Quartermass and the Pit comes to mind).

Just sayin', "good" sci-fi is so subjective that one's faves are others' nayes. But looks like you've got quite a list to get started on. Have fun!
        MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
        sigpic
        Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Working...
        X