Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What other Sci-Fi/Fantasy shows do you enjoy?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe none of you have mentioned Jeremiah

Even the B5 fans!!

Comment

I'm old enough to have watched Dr Who from the begining, and was terrified of the Daleks and the Cybermen. I also love all the Star Treks, especially Voyager!! The list goes on with Buffy, Angel, X Files, Time Tunnel, Lost in Space, Farscape etc. My brain is on overload....I have to lie down!!
      sigpic

Comment

I started to watch Jeremiah, but lost interest around 3/4 through the first season. This was probably because I missed a few eps and my husband isn't really good at reenactments. He really liked it, though.
        Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
        O'Neill: Who doesn't?
        - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
        - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
        once done, cannot be undone...
        brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

I'll watch just about any scifi show once... Weekdays on scifi are my favorite time, because they show all of the obscure shows that got cancelled... I love interesting concept shows and am bummed when they turn out crappy...

I cut my teeth on Star Trek: TOS, my aunt had every episode ever made on tape... Grew up watching TNG, I wasn't very old when it came on the air but I clearly remember seeing Encounter at Farpoint and every week sitting and watching with my family Aww... happy memories...

Other shows and mind this is not a complete list because well, I am not very picky about my scifi (even when it's not that good I enjoy laughing at the awefullness) include:

Quantum Leap (love love loved)
          7 Days
          The Crow: Stairway to Heaven
          First Wave
          Forever Knight
          The Invisible Man
          Now and Again
          Time Trax
          Alien Nation
          Red Dwarf
          Wonder Woman
          Star Trek DS9
          Babylon 5
          Highlander both series most movies even the weird one solely because of Sean Connery
          X-Files
          StarTrek Voyager
          Roswell
          Earth Final Conflict
          Andromeda
          Mutant X
          Charmed
          Outer Limits
          X-Files
          Dead Zone
          Sliders
          Farscape
          Stargate SG-1 (duh )
          Smallville
          Dr. Who
          Earth 2
          The Six Million Dollar Man
          The Bionic Woman
          Tru Calling

That's all I could think of right now... 7 days is on cable right now... later.

Mira
          "Now we wait for the Giaaant Alieens." - Nick Ballard

Comment

I do watch quite a lot of sci-fi. My first sci-fi experience was The X-files and ST:TNG. My parents got me watching them and I still love and watch X-files (although like most, I think the last 2 seasons sucked). And I still watch quite a lot of sci-fi now...
            Stargate (of course ), Angel, Buffy, Dead like me, Tru Calling, Smallville.

There are probably some others but I can't think .

~Tracey~

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

I enjoy x-files (was my favorite until I discovered StargateSG1)

The lost world ( Sir Arthur Conan Doyle):My video website )
              http://www.angelfire.com/magic/le_mo...du/videos.html

Farscape ( my video website):
              http://www.angelfire.com/magic/le_mo.../Farscape.html

And in the old shows :

Star trek voyager.

AND

Space 1999 (My video website):
              http://www.angelfire.com/magic/le_mo...Space1999.html

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

let's see :
                Farscape
                Star Trek
                Star Wars
                and yeah that's it

Comment

First off, my "Killed by the SciFi Channel" List

Farscape
                  The Invisible Man
                  Sliders
                  Lexx
                  Prey
                  First Wave

Here's a few others.. roughly in the order I like them

Earth 2
                  X-Files
                  V
                  Babylon 5
                  The Outer Limits
                  Earth: Final Conflict
                  Highlander
                  The Lost World (syndicated series)
                  Space Rangers
                  Star Trek (oddly enough, referring only to an old series staring Shatner and Nimoy)
                  Crusade
                  Quantum Leap
                  The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Stargate SG-1
                    Farscape
                    Sliders
                    First Wave
                    The Invisible Man
                    X-Files
                    Mutant X - (only when theres nothing else)
                    Charmed (earlier seasons)
                    Buffy (earlier seasons)

Comment

Mira said

The Crow: Stairway to Heaven
                      First Wave

---

I loved those shows too cant believe I forgot about them, a long time ago I guess. I loved the Crow because Katie Stuart (Cassandra) was in it and I run her fan site. She rocks. That was a great series. God I miss it! FW also.
                      ------
                      Shelby aka JessMerrick

Comment

The first show I remember being seriously hooked on was Misfits of Science. Sure, looking back on it the show was incredibly cheesy, but I LOVED it when I was a kid and I was crushed when it was cancelled.

Oh, and Voltron of course. Although I don't know if cartoons count. I was totally obsessed with it. It was also my first experience with character replacement. The original controller of Blue Lion was Sven, my favorite character (I think it was his accent). I was baffled by his sudden disappearance (I never did figure out what happened) and furious with the Princess for taking over. I hated her for a long time. I kept waiting for Sven to come back and kick her out. I grew used to her eventually and even liked her, but I never entirely forgave her for forcing Sven out (as I saw it).

Really liked V. Willie was, of course, my favorite. The whole, "Here mousie" thing and the idea of one of the aliens being sweet. I think a lot of it went over my head at the time and watching it now I can see some of the hokiness, but it's still pretty good stuff.

Space: Above & Beyond is a phenomenal series that I sadly never got into until after it was cancelled (and curse those Fox b*stards for killing it!). I had been planning to watch it, but my recording of the pilot ep missed the last 20 minutes because of a @$%@# football game and if I don't watch something from the beginning, I generally don't watch it at all. Still, I rediscovered it and watched the entire series in two sittings. Great, great stuff and still one of the most traumatic series finales I've ever witnessed. I did a lot of crying. I think it took me e few days to recover. But as awful as it was, I loved every minute of it. SAAB set my standards for how a series should end. None of that "everyone lives happily ever after" nonsense for me. I want death and trauma and unanswered questions and big shocks that leave you reeling for days.

Now & Again was another great "gone too soon" series with an absolute nail-biter of a finale. Of course, they thought they'd be able to conclude it in S2. I'm still upset about the loss of that one.

Cupid was just plain awesome. It was a fluffy-puppy sort of Happily Ever After (more or less) series, but I loved it dearly and I still miss it. Like a severed limb. Really. I have a bunch of episodes on tape and I love watching them, but it kinda hurts, too, knowing that that's all there is. I've read the scripts for the unaired eps and loved those, too. I even wrote a fan script. I even emailed the producer and got a reply back! I really really miss this show. It's one of the few series I've ever seen that actually gave me hope... for myself, for the future, for humanity itself. *sigh* Then the cold hard heel of Reality comes swooping in to crush it out of existence. Typical.

At the polar opposite end of the scale from Cupid is Profit. One of the sickest, most twisted, perverse shows I've ever seen. I loved it! I think it only lasted three or four eps and I actually have one of them on tape. Sick sick sick. And yet still yummy. Adrian Pasdar at his creepy best. And what's not to love about a guy who sleeps nekkid in a cardboard box in front of a TV? So what if he kills people and destroys lives... He's good-looking and suave. A human version of Baal, perhaps...

Non-scifi shows: Gilmore Girls is just about the only thing I watch anymore. The Luke on that show is the namesake of Food Server Luke.

I used to be really into Alias but this past season has turned to such utter excrement that I've stopped watching.

I've lost two of my fave shows this season. It's very depressing.

Comment

OMG! I loved Voltron. I think that cartoons should definately count. They used to Voltron on the Cartoon Network mid afternoon and I would watch in when I was first in college. That was my guilty pleasure. The fact that I was an adult watching cartoons. I'm with Shadow on Sven though. He was great. And there was another Voltron cartoon but it was completely different people and it was cars instead of lions and I hated it. But I had the Voltron toys as a kid. I was so irritated that you had to buy each of the lions seperately before you could assemble Voltron. God, I was a geek. Yup, Voltron and Thundercats.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I'm a big Angel/Buffy fan, and i am really angry with the WB. I also enjoyed Roswell for a while, Andromeda, Mutant X is ok.
                            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

well let me see

Stargate
                              Star Trek (all of them)
                              Earth 2
                              Earth: Final Conflict
                              Babylon 5
                              Farscape
                              Buffy
                              Angel
                              Andromeda
                              Sliders
                              Dead Zone
                              Dead Like Me
                              John Doe,
                              Battlestar Galactica (old and hopefully new)
                              Quantum Leap,
                              Smallville
                              Time Trax
                              Highlander
                              X-Files
                              First Wave
                              V (series and mini series)
                              Lois and Clark: Superman (never the same when Lois learnt the truth)
                              Invisible Man
                              Mutant X
                              Tru Calling
                              Jake 2.0
                              Now and Again
                              Space: Above and Beyond

as you can see, almost all are new/newer shows

EDIT: seaquest as well, can't believe i forgot that one
                              Last edited by SaberBlade; 10 May 2004, 10:12 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                                Yup, Voltron and Thundercats.
                                What about Silverhawks? I wanted Tallyhawk so bad I could taste it (half robot, half hawk). Kidd Video, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors... But Voltron and Thundercats definitely topped the list. I think even back then I had an interest in mummies and Egyptian mythology... Mum-Ra. *shudder*

John Doe was OK, but I was utterly traumatized by the death of the girl. And then I heard that the fans were celebrating her demise and had wanted her off the show. *shakes head* I guess those kind of people exist in every fandom. Very sad.

Comment

Working...
                                X