X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about something like this?

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...thotep/ufo.jpg

Its a design for a ship I intend to build one day
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 01 September 2009, 05:51 AM. Reason: image oversized on kb/too wide.

Comment

thats a cool pic PH, but what kind of scale is it supposed to be, personal, or massive? and does the middle section rotate on that axis? or the outer section rotate around? or neither?
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

Check out this picture from Star Trek: Generations. When I say a saucer, I mean a saucer. I'm imagining a streamlined vessel, not a big clunky sphere-thing.

Comment

how about something like
          http://media.canada.com/2509452e-00f...d17/delft2.jpg
          http://www.theecologist.org/images/0..._saucer_02.jpg
          Last edited by Bagpuss; 01 September 2009, 05:52 AM. Reason: tags changed .no hotlinking,ty !
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

That looks more like what I've imagined.

Comment

i definately think have the drives on the underside instead of the back though
              Spoiler:
              Disclaimer:
              Quotes!
              sigpic

Comment

Here How about this saucer.

Spoiler:

I made this just for something to do. I think it is supposed to be about 54 meters in diameter. and about 20 meters tall.

Comment

Don't allow your saucer to be too round. Enough frisbees in space. It's not canonical sci-fi that you even have to use outboard narcelles. I like the shadows concept on B5 being totally different from the tradition. I say use a little scientific explanation in your design but give us something to gawk at for a change.
                  Q: Up all night on forums again?
                  A: "Indeed!" Teal'C Stargate: SG-1

Comment

Working...
                  X