Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps with the future-war premise, they'll do what they should of done in the first place and make a decent bleak epic-scale war film with armies of death-robots and explore skynet more intricately instead of rehashing the same boring presentday x character vs x character from future plot like previous films *yawn*.
    Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
    Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Originally posted by Acolyte Of Bli'l'ab View Post
      Perhaps with the future-war premise, they'll do what they should of done in the first place and make a decent bleak epic-scale war film with armies of death-robots and explore skynet more intricately instead of rehashing the same boring presentday x character vs x character from future plot like previous films *yawn*.
      yeah i'm thinking it will be like the clips of the future from T2, skulls on the ground big mechs battleing, humans running around trying to fight off T-600's, i hope twill be cool
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

If you include mass legions of T-800 Endoskeletons, im in. Just what they should of done in the beginning IMO. I dont care for the present-day stuff.
        Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
        Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
          Agreed, T3 totally undid the whole no fate but what we make thing T2 set up, which was just crap IMO.
          You are forgetting that Skynet is also playing the no fate but what we make game. Each side is trying to make its fate by tipping the situation into its favor.

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
          Originally posted by Acolyte Of Bli'l'ab View Post
          yeah i'm thinking it will be like the clips of the future from T2, skulls on the ground big mechs battleing, humans running around trying to fight off T-600's, i hope twill be cool
          Yeah I have been wanting to see entirely set in future war too. I want it to start the day after Judment Day with the survivors are trying to figure out what to do when the robots atttack.

Comment

Originally posted by Xzyl View Post
            Yeah I have been wanting to see entirely set in future war too. I want it to start the day after Judment Day with the survivors are trying to figure out what to do when the robots atttack.
            It won't, it's supposedly going to be set years after the third movie... supposedly...

Comment

Will the governator be in it?

Comment

If he is, it'll just be a cameo.

Comment

isn't the 4th movie supposed to cover the whole sending of killer machines back to the 1st movie or second movie, or is it the 3rd movie.

I thought the whole premise of the 3rd movie was that it was the femmebot that went back and infected the T1's???

She could infect technology and did so, thus leading to the take over by robots, I have to admit I haven't seen it in a while, I did get the part where the fate was inevitable, like the creating of SKYNET and then the collapse of the system, but Wasen't that the virus send from the future by the female terminator??

Now I'm confused?
                  sigpic
                  In brightest day, in darkest night,

No evil shall escape my sight

Let those who worship evil's might,

Beware my power...Green Rep-Points light!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar 2.0 View Post
                    isn't the 4th movie supposed to cover the whole sending of killer machines back to the 1st movie or second movie, or is it the 3rd movie.
                    The predestination paradox of the original movie (Kyle and Sarah concieving John, the Terminator's remains leading to Skynet) was broken by Judgment Day when Sarah, John, the good Terminator, and Miles Dyson destroyed Cyberdine Industries. They changed the future. When both Terminators and the remains of the first one were destroyed, it was assumed that Skynet could never exist. In Rise of the Machines, the Terminators come from a future where Judgment Day was delayed from 1997 to 2004. If Judgment Day can be delayed like this, then all bets are off. For all we know, Kyle Reese's parents survived the '97 Judgment Day but died in the '04 version of Judgement Day. Anything's possible, which means if they do go and sent Kyle Reese back in time, it won't be the Kyle Reese of the original movie, because he'll be from a different future.

I thought the whole premise of the 3rd movie was that it was the femmebot that went back and infected the T1's???
                    The TX (evil Terminator) went back to kill John's Lieutennants, his wife (Kate Brewster), and her father: the man who knew the most about Skynet. The TX was also to kill John if found, but that was it's default mission. The computer virus was created by Skynet and leaked out (Skynet wasn't completely isolated). This forced them to launch Skynet, giving it complete control of the USA's military, internet, and other system's. That's when Skynet took over. As for the various T1's, maybe the TX was programming them to give Skynet a head start? Skynet would have gotten control of them eventually.

She could infect technology and did so, thus leading to the take over by robots, I have to admit I haven't seen it in a while, I did get the part where the fate was inevitable, like the creating of SKYNET and then the collapse of the system, but Wasen't that the virus send from the future by the female terminator??
                    Hopefully the above paragrah will clear things up. I would recommend rewatching all three movies over a weekend and paying close attention, especially to dialogue.

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
                      Looking forward to seeing one set in the future
                      Same here. I really like T3 overall, and am looking forward to what this next film could be.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                        If he is, it'll just be a cameo.
                        And actually, I'd be just fine with that. These movies, IMO, can do just fine without Arnold.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Xzyl View Post
                          You are forgetting that Skynet is also playing the no fate but what we make game. Each side is trying to make its fate by tipping the situation into its favor.
                          Touche'
                          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Neither mind all the predestined, fate stuff, I'm just stoked theirs going to be another movie but from the ending of the third it was bound to happen. I just hope they stay true to the franchise and don't 'kick the horse while it's down' sorta thing.

The third film was good, but nothing could top the first two...I'm keen to see what they do.

Oh, and Arnie was just young enough for the last one, he'll be waay too old for this one
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zatarc View Post
                              Neither mind all the predestined, fate stuff
                              That only applied to the first movie. Both sequels have revolved around actually changing the future, so I expect the fourth movie will do the same.

I'm just stoked theirs going to be another movie but from the ending of the third it was bound to happen. I just hope they stay true to the franchise and don't 'kick the horse while it's down' sorta thing.
                              What do you mean by staying true to the franchise not not kicking the horse while it's down?

The third film was good, but nothing could top the first two...I'm keen to see what they do.
                              I would say the first and third films are equal with the second being the best. I think the third movie wasn't recieved well because it lacked James Cameron's visual style and emotional depth. However, it's still a great Terminator movie.

Oh, and Arnie was just young enough for the last one, he'll be waay too old for this one
                              Indeed, Arnold was just barely showing age in the third movie. Since that will be the last present-day movie, and Arnold went out with a bang, they shey should let T3 be Arnold's finale as the Terminator. However, this does not rule out Arnold returning for T4 in a cameo or supporting role (depending on if he's still Govenator) as a surviving General on which one of the Terminator models would later be based.

Comment

Lol, brilliant....

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan, but "brilliant"? Anything with the Governator in it is immediately disqualified from that label. And, I'm a fan of California's Cyborg-Governor, but come on.

Heck, even Stargate Atlantis isn't brilliant. SG-1 had some eps. that captured some media magic, but overall (mainly due to S9) not many fans would even consider the 10-year juggernaut to be "brilliant" overall.

I hope T4 will portray a more interesting post-apocalyptic Earth ruled by machines than the Matrix sequels did.
                                sigpic
                                "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                                ~David Hewlett

Comment

Working...
                                X