Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quantum rip-off! lol jk it's third person quantum leap is from a first person point of view. i liked it, and i want to know what's up with his not dead ex-girlfriend! i think at one point he's gonna accidentaly pay for something in the past with a modern 20
    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
    sigpic

Comment

I am pretty sure or IMO that his not so dead girl friend and "Jouney man" since they are connected go together through time to fix things that should be right, kind of a job.

Spoiler:
      And when the guy journey man tries to save gets hit by the IMHO that was what was supposed to happen, he was supposed to die on that street and his son was to be born and his wife was not supposed to be killed

Comment

I watched the premiere and while it didn't blow me away, I liked it enough to check it out next week too.
        I'm curious about why he can time travel, why some "power" wants him to change past events to affect the future(I mean bad things happen all the time...what's the point of altering a few), what Livia's up to etc.

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
          Waves hi to Kris

It was an ok premiere, not sure if its going to last. I did enjoy all the great San Francisco back-drop. I was born and raised and still work in San Francisco everyday, and those were real scenes actually shot in San Francisco.
          Waves back!

San Francisco, Fifth Race land!!! It makes a change from seeing the city I live in all the time!

I'm intrigued about Livia as well. It will be interesting to see how many times it takes him to get to the solution of the problems that pull him back into the past. I sort of wondered what would happen if he gets committed in the present because of his odd behaviour, will he appear somewhere else or end up in a 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' nightmare scenario!?

Comment

I enjoyed it. I'm particularly interested in learning about Livia (did she avoid her fate by jumping?) and what is causing both of them to jump. Also, if McKidd's character is jumping to fix or screw up and then fix timelines, is Livia responsible for doing the same? What links the two to this ability?

My goodness, McKidd walks around all the time with a huge furrow in his brow!!

Those that have read "The Time Traveler's Wife" will see lots of similarities here. In that book, the husband time traveled against his will to all points in his life but he couldn't alter his fate. The ability to time travel ended up being genetic and it was passed on to his daughter. Wonder if they'll use a similar route here?

Comment

I watched it and will be tuning in next week. Personally I didn't see a similarity between this & Quantum Leap since he seems to be able to control his jumps.

Spoiler:

so he married his "dead" g/f's friend? Wonder if she knows about him then?
              sig made by me

Comment

First, I enjoyed the show and I will continue to watch. I was a fan of "Quantum Leap" and "Journeyman" seems a little more dramatic and less quirky. The toolbox thing at the end reminded me of the wallet under the floor board in "Frequency" but a nice trick none the less. The only things missing are Al and Ziggy. Maybe Dean Stockwell or Scott Bakula could do a cameo????

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  I'll give it a shot. Even though it does seem a bit like Quantum Leap to me.
                  That's a plus for me as some one who loved loved Quantum Leap. I thought he had more chemistry with Livia than he did with his wife. I really did like this show very good story.
                  sigpic
                  My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                  poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I loved this show. I'm definantly going to tune in next week.
                    sigpic

Sig by SamJackShipLover! Thanks!

Thanks to Vanity_killsxxx on LJ for my profile pic!

Comment

Caught the replay on Skiffy the other night. Not too bad. Rather confusing at times, though I wasn't paying that close attention and I missed the first 10 minutes because the satellite dish was on the fritz because of rain clouds.

Suppose I'll continue to tune in to try to see where this is going...was watching Ken Burns's The War on PBS so I didn't catch its first airing on NBC, otherwise I don't have an excuse for not watching it...yet....

I was a faithful Quantum Leap fan and loved that show. While this show seems to be similar, I do not think it will be anywhere near as good, but I'm willing to give it a chance...so NBC ought to be thankful seeing as how Heroes and ER were the only shows I bothered watching on that channel last season. This year I'm up to five shows (2 old, 3 new)...atm....we'll see for how long though....
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

I made a point to watch Journeyman since I was a big fan of Kevin McKidd in "Rome". Only problem is I kept thinking of Kevin in robes and sandals; it was slightly disconcerting to see him fully dressed.

The show didn't really grab me until the end when it was revealed that his "dead" fiance was a time traveler as well. Then I started to really get intrigued. I'll definitely watch again to see where they're going with this. It has a strong lead-in with Heroes so maybe it will do well.

Haven't read "Time Traveler's Wife" but that sounds interesting.
                        Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

i really liked last night's episode. it flowed a bit better and i shake my head at the chaos taht is his life
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yeah I really liked last nights episode. This show is gonna be really interesting, randomly "following" strangers throughout different points in their lives and influencing their future.
                            Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                            Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                            Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                            --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

I really am looking forward to them exploring him and his ex why didn't he tell her who he was married too I wonder. I really enjoy the main characters they are more interesting to me.
                              sigpic
                              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

i think the mystery aspect of it all is the most fun. trying to figure out who he needs to help and why and what he needs to do
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X