Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great series finale! Answered many questions without giving too much away. I just loved the entire story!
    Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
    --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
      I loved last night's episode and I have to say, that given that this will likely be the last episode it is the most satisfying last episode of any series with an unspecified future. As much as I'd love to see the series continue, if it ends here I wouldn't be left unsatisfied. It's as good an ending as any series finale I've seen, in some cases better.
      My thoughts exactly. Satisfying end to the season/and probably the show, which is a shame as its a great idea/format.
      Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
        Another amazing episode. I cried a little. The ending was quite touching. I'm glad that Katie finally got to see Dan leave.

The writers did a great job of wrapping things up(but not too tightly) in the time that they had. I'm going to think of Journeyman as a mini-series instead of a tv show that got the shaft.
        I think that is a great way to think about it under the circumstances.
        sigpic
        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Wow, fantastic last episode! The last 10 min were the best wrap-up to a series I think I've seen in a long time (somebody on another site likened it to ST:TNG finale and I kinda agree). Everything from the
          Spoiler:
          Dan/Livia feels like a long time before we see eachother again scene, to the circular dan jumping for the first time, to the explaination of Langley, to the I'll leave a Light on from Katie, to Katie watching Dan jump
          was just perfect and amazing. I'll really miss this show, but I have to say I'm pretty happy that Kevin Falls was awesome enough to give us a good wrapup.

If anybody reads any good season 2 fanfic, I'd love to read it!
          It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Although I hope we get more than 13 episodes of Journeyman, the last episode was amazingly satisfying. Somehow "Perfidia" (Episode 113) worked both as a series finale and as a mid-season finale.

With Perfidia the writers successfully straddled the incredibly difficult divide between series finale/mid-season finale by giving me just enough answers to not leave me completely hanging and yet left enough unanswered so that I would love to see Journeyman continue.

Whatever Journeyman's fate, I look forward to buying the DVDs because I want every bit of background available about this series.
            sigpic
            Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
              Although I hope we get more than 13 episodes of Journeyman, the last episode was amazingly satisfying. Somehow "Perfidia" (Episode 113) worked both as a series finale and as a mid-season finale.

With Perfidia the writers successfully straddled the incredibly difficult divide between series finale/mid-season finale by giving me just enough answers to not leave me completely hanging and yet left enough unanswered so that I would love to see Journeyman continue.

Whatever Journeyman's fate, I look forward to buying the DVDs because I want every bit of background available about this series.
              Me too I hope the release the DVDs soon if they do well maybe it can find life somewhere else
              sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

yeah cant wait for the dvds
                sigpic
                Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

There is little to no hope for SciFi picking this up, it simply is not their brand of show. In short, the production quality is beyond that which SciFi likes to spend for shows (Dresden, PKJ, Eureka, Trash Gordon, etc..) with the exception of BSG, and we all know how that is turning out. Unless the show can be filmed in the woods of Canada with lesser known actors then forget it. USA is a minor possibility in theory, but in reality NBC will just not do anything with this show. I expect the same will happen with Bionic woman, which will simply not get renewed.

Comment

actually, i would say unless they can recast dan with a scantily clad 20 something with her boobs hanging out all the time, scifi wont' care...oh and monsters, can't forget the cheesy cgi monsters

Journeyman is too smart for skiffy
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Great show, and a great possible series finale. I'll be looking for the DVDs for sure.

It seems like Journeyman would be a good fit for USA. Who knows ... they've cancelled half their originals.
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I don't have cable so USA is no good for me but I would find some comfort that it is still going.
                        sigpic

Comment

IMO USA would be the only network likely to pick the show up or maybe FX but the show showing up on anther network is unlikely since NBC took a bath on the ratings.

But maybe (1 to 100) NBC will try the show again in the spring.

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
                            Another amazing episode. I cried a little. The ending was quite touching. I'm glad that Katie finally got to see Dan leave.

The writers did a great job of wrapping things up(but not too tightly) in the time that they had. I'm going to think of Journeyman as a mini-series instead of a tv show that got the shaft.
                            I was glad Katie got to see him go as well .... It was such a beautiful way to end the show (if that really was the end). There's hope for some continuation and certainly room for many more stories, but I wasn't left dissatisfied like I have been with so many cancelled shows (John Doe and Tru Calling spring immediately to mind).

- Chris
                            Check out my blog:
                            The Land Beyond Beyond

Comment

I read in the latest Entertainment Weekly that the creator of Journeyman, Kevin Falls had been fired by the studio that produces the show.

Hollywood Reporter also had the story.
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                              X