• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good idea we need to save this show
    sigpic
    Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

You know for the first year Sienfeld had awful ratings, then the next year a little better then it turned out to be one of NBC's biggest hits.

So Journey man could do the same.

Comment

the idjets at the networks still can't and won't realize, your average cable customer has 1-200 channels to choose from. It literally takes folks a week or three to even FIND a new show, much less start watching it
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Here's a spoiler-laden review:

http://blog.zap2it.com/ithappenedlas...yman-a-ch.html

...and here's an interesting quote:

Next week, we get two episodes of the show: One in its regular time slot, and the next when Life usually airs on Wednesday. Is this good news or bad news? I have no idea. The ratings are holding, and Life, which has already been renewed, had similar numbers to Journeyman when it showed in the Monday-night timeslot. Plus, Journeyman was the16th most Tivoed show in America after its last episode -- ahead of such full season earners as Life, Chuck, and Pushing Daisies. Here's hoping...

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

I've been so busy lately I didn't even know there was a Journeyman thread. I love Journeyman. My son and I watch together every week. And its in trouble??? I can't believe the ........uh.... 'junk' they keep on tv and shows that are so good can't seem to stay on the air.

Writers strike or no, they just don't give these shows a chance to find and build their audience.
            sigpic
            ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

If it is pulling the same ratings as Life why won't they pick it up. I really don't like it on Wednesday I watch Dirty Sexy Money meaning I will have to set up my VCR to tape it so I won't miss anything. Journeyman is my intriguing show while DSM is my guilty pleasure. I can't wait for the time I have money Tivo/DVR is the first thing I am getting so I won't have these issues.
              sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I didn't realize it was going to be on last night. I'm so happy my dvr is set to record it. I saw it this morning and it was, as usual, good. I wish I hadn't read the spoilers first! I would have been so much more surprised.... I thought I told myself I wasn't going to do that anymore... I never listen.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Great episode last night, tons of character development for just about every character.
                  Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                  Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                  Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                  --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Bad news:

The journey is coming to an end for NBC's freshman series "Journeyman."

NBC had until Tuesday to give a full-season pickup to the time-travel drama starring Kevin McKidd. The network let that option lapse, practically canceling the series, which posted its lowest adults 18-49 rating (1.7 rating/8 share) on Monday without a "Heroes" lead-in. The network already tried out fellow rookie "Life" in "Journeyman"'s Monday 10 p.m. slot last week.

Despite the Hollywood writers strike, "Journeyman" was able to complete its 13-episode order.

The remaining two original segments will air as scheduled, an NBC spokeswoman said.
                    Link.

Shame ratings get in the way of quality programming.

Didn't think this last ep was all the great,
                    Spoiler:
                    with Dan going back just to save his job. Would have been better to help someone else.
                    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
                      Bad news:

Link.

Shame ratings get in the way of quality programming.

Didn't think this last ep was all the great,
                      Spoiler:
                      with Dan going back just to save his job. Would have been better to help someone else.
                      Thanks for the Link I am disapointed it was a very good show with lots of potential maybe another network will pick it up.
                      sigpic
                      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

That's a shame. But I haven't become too attached yet, so I can live with the cancellation.

Comment

I'm disappointed. I really liked the series.

Every cancellation of a genre series weakens the likelihood of a future success. Which really sucks since my tastes have grown increasingly specific.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Ah well...it was great while it lastest. At least we have two more episode to go...
                            Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                            Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                            Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                            --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

I was very depressed to hear the news all over the place about Journeyman. But then I found a small (probably very small) ray of hope here:

http://www.realhonestfilm.com/2007/1...yman-canc.html

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Arghhh! I don't know whether to consider that good new or bad news because I had already said my goodbyes. Now, I have a bit of hope again.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Luciana

Comment

Working...
                                X