Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    I think I would have preferred a more supernatural artifact with mysterious and almost completely unexplained powers and origins (like the Arc, the Stones and the Grail). I didn't mind the alien thing, although I think I would have preferred something less stargate-ey. I was totally thinking 'Asgard' through the last 20 minutes or so.

Also, I didn't much like the wedding scene at the end....although Indy grabbing the hat off junior in a 'Not yet' fashion. It could hint that more Indy's on the way, well hopefully, Speilberg did say 'only if the fans want it'.

I think I would want at least one more Indiana, since in a few years Harrison Ford won't be able to do the stunts and stuff, and I wouldn't focus it on his son or wife.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
      Spoiler:
      I think I would have preferred a more supernatural artifact with mysterious and almost completely unexplained powers and origins (like the Arc, the Stones and the Grail). I didn't mind the alien thing, although I think I would have preferred something less stargate-ey. I was totally thinking 'Asgard' through the last 20 minutes or so.

Also, I didn't much like the wedding scene at the end....although Indy grabbing the hat off junior in a 'Not yet' fashion. It could hint that more Indy's on the way, well hopefully, Speilberg did say 'only if the fans want it'.

I think I would want at least one more Indiana, since in a few years Harrison Ford won't be able to do the stunts and stuff, and I wouldn't focus it on his son or wife.
      Spoiler:
      Agreed on the more 'supernatural' artifact' idea, and a MOST DEFINITELY NOT using son or wife in next film sans Indy...I wasn't sold on Shia La Boof as Indy's son (guess I was spoiled by a GOOD actor like River Phoenix having played young Indy in "Last Crusade"...meh, casting error as far as I'm concerned.)

But overall, I really liked it. Pure escapism. I LOVED all the Lucas/Spielberg 'injokes', such as the glimpse of the Ark of the Covenant, but I cracked up when Indy said "I got a bad feeling about this" a la Han Solo...that was gold!! The sets & FX were stunning as usual - obviously when Spielberg & Lucas get together these days it's a case of 'spared no expense' cos they know they'll get it back at teh box office, even if people criticise the hell out of it.
      sigpic
      My Manips & other artwork!

Comment

how bad is it ?

worst of the Indiana movies

Comment

Originally posted by X-3-0-2 View Post
          how bad is it ?

worst of the Indiana movies
          I'd say its a draw between Crystal and Temple of Doom.
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Personally, I think all of the Indiana Jones movies have been great in their own ways.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
              I'd say its a draw between Crystal and Temple of Doom.
              See, I dont know, for me Doom was just a good old fashion Indiana Jones Movie. Yeah it was silly in places but it was what it was. This movies seemed like a movie that was TRYING to be a good old fashion Indiana Jones movie and strayed into the land of "thats just stupid" a few times. Still it is better then some movies and it was good to see the homages, but its almost like it was more about the homages then it was about being its own movie. Its like a wink and a nod to the old movies more then just a good old fashion Indiana Jones movie. Apparently I cant explain myself very well on the subject. It was a decent movie, just not up to the level of the first three.
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I liked it better than 'Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom' but not nearly as well as 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' or 'Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade'.
                sigpic
                Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

I just saw this on TV the other day. I like it more and more each time I see it.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                  X