No announcement yet.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it made Indy invisible, they wouldn't have to worry about Ford doing stunts. I don't mind the title, it amuses me.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      I wonder if it will have the giant awiens. If not then I will be disappointed.
      We already had the misty aliens in "Raiders of the Lost Ark", we don't need them in TWO Indiana Jones movies!

(Unless anyone has a better explanation for what came out of the Ark and killed all the Nazis at the end of that film!)
      Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by Calhoun View Post
        We already had the misty aliens in "Raiders of the Lost Ark", we don't need them in TWO Indiana Jones movies!

(Unless anyone has a better explanation for what came out of the Ark and killed all the Nazis at the end of that film!)
        um Demons, ghosts, evil spirits ect ect

fits alot better with the Ark of covenant than Aliens does

Comment

I'd lol if MS makes a cameo appearance.
          Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
          Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
          Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
          --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
            I'd lol if MS makes a cameo appearance.
            Or Giant Aliens at the end

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              Sure he'll be in it. But his part will be more like Sean Connery's was in "The Last Crusade". Maybe Shia will be the star of that one.
              Don't say such sick things!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                So by canon, Daniel Jackson has to be in it and he has to be invisible.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6991534.stm

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                I wonder if it will have the giant awiens. If not then I will be disappointed.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with the name. It does seem to be a bit long but in the end so was Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Weird now that I think about it. SG1 is using a lost ark for their movie, and now Indiana Jones is using a crystal skull. Me thinks people are fans.
                hee-hee! Daniel Jackson... priceless!
                and I like the reverse weaving between the two "Crystal Skull" and the "Ark" stories...

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                I like the idea of going with the legend of the 13 crystal skulls (5 of which have been found). I'm looking forward to it!
                There is a Sci-Fi special on tomorrow night about this...
                details for time schedules and other info is--

Sci-Fi channel for Sunday, May 18, 2008 (schedulebot is based on SCI FI EAST times as listed below--)
                starting at

01:00 PM (EST), Movie
                RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK

03:30 PM (EST), Movie
                INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM

06:00 PM (EST), Movie
                INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE

09:00 PM (EST time, 08:00 PM Central time), SPECIAL (*WORLD PREMIERE*)
                MYSTERY OF THE CRYSTAL SKULLS

11:00 PM, SPECIAL (encore viewing)

Please click on link in title below for further details...
                The Sci-Fi channel presents "Mystery of the Crystal Skulls"
                "...Hosted by Lester Holt, SCI FI's investigative special Mystery of the Crystal Skulls will explore the history of these perplexing artifacts — the myths, the legends, the controversies, and the secret scientific tests performed on them behind closed doors.

But if we wish to comprehend their deepest mysteries, we must hurry. According to the prophecy, only by reuniting all or nearly all of the 13 crystal skulls can humankind unlock secrets that will allow us to avoid the apocalypse predicted by the ancient Mayan calendar
                — which comes to end on Dec. 21, 2012.

The countdown for the salvation of the human race has begun."
                sounds intriguing, especially even if there's *some* truth to the real deal mysteries...

Comment

The first two reviews of Indy have hit rotten tomatoes!
                  I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                  Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                    There is a Sci-Fi special on

Sci-Fi channel for Sunday, May 18, 2008 (schedulebot is based on SCI FI EAST times as listed below--)
                    starting at

01:00 PM (EST), Movie
                    RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK

03:30 PM (EST), Movie
                    INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM

06:00 PM (EST), Movie
                    INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE

09:00 PM (EST time, 08:00 PM Central time), SPECIAL (*WORLD PREMIERE*)

11:00 PM, SPECIAL (encore viewing)
                    I was just informed of a web site devoted to the actual mystery, etc., of these Crystal Skulls...

I think this is the main page--
                    Strange Artifacts -- Crystal Skulls

The picture (and positioned angle) of the "Amethyst Crystal Skull" -- it also looks very much like it could be a tribute to the cartoon series "The Phantom" ... (on the web page it looks more smokey-looking colored...)
                    Last edited by SGalisa; 18 May 2008, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Aaaarrggghhh...! Stupid sci-fi documentary..! The one reference they make to Stargate and the crystal skull they messed up..! Derrrhhh!!! Coming from a network the show airs on is unforgiveable..! When they mentioned the episode "The Crystal Skull" (along with the clip) they said it had been on Stargate ATLANTIS..! Morons... They even had it in text while showing the clip. Idiots... The episode was on SG1...! How can I take the rest of the documentary serious if they can't get that simple detail straight? Ugh!

Okay... done ranting.
                      The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                      Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                      My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                      Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

How could they make that mistake? That was a really decent SG-1 episode, one that far outweighs anything I've seen on SGA recently. Must be a cheap advertising manoever.
                        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

So just saw it. Um, good but nothing special sadly. MASSIVE SPOILERS ahoy...

Spoiler:
                          It's like George Lucas and Stephen Spielberg have watched The Mummy and Stargate a few too many times.

Aliens. For crying out loud. Ok, so I guess they're technically not aliens, interdimensional whatevers, but they reminded me of the Asgard, except with longer skulls. Although, you could say that the Asgard are related to them or something. That could make sense. LOL xover alerts.

First 20-30 minutes of the film seemed to want to scream "OMG LOOK A NEW ERA!!! OMG! TOTALLY!" It was very annoying. Yes, we're aware it's the 50s. Get over it.

Especially -

Spoiler:
                          The pointless nuclear thing. Firstly, nothing screams "ZOMG LOOK IT'S TOTALLY POST-WWII" than a mushroom cloud. And secondly, escaping being vaporised by being in a fridge. The hell?

But I did like

Spoiler:
                          seeing the Ark thingy again, even if only for a second. That made me giggle. And even I smiled instead of wincing when Indiana muttered "I have a bad feeling about this". I liked how they worked Mutt into the movie ... I really really liked that. Not just because Shia is pretty, and had as much as thing for his hair as I did hahaha... but it was a nice tying-up-loose-ends kind of movie.

In conclusion

Spoiler:
                          if you really like The Mummy, and wonder how it would be if there were UFOs and aliens, then this movie is for you.

Otherwise, just try to enjoy it for what it is. Cate Blanchett does a bang up job, and John Hurt steals the show from everyone.

Comment

Indiana Jones 4 was pretty damn good i think that Indiana Jones is A Cross between Daniel Jackson and Jack O'Neill. Jack Cause of the Sarcastic remarks and the ability to handle himself in a fight and Daniel cause of the love for archeology.

Comment

Just got home from the movie and I have to say it was pretty good! Alot better than I expected from a 65 year-old Harrison Ford but the age thing didnt seem to make much of a difference (at least to me). I do have to say

Spoiler:
                              the alien thing was a bit weird and unexpected but I guess thats just part of the Crystal Skull legend:that they were possibly constructed by aliens.

Overall, though, I'd say it is quite enjoable and def. worth seeing for Indy fans!
                              Mentally unstable like a fox!!

Comment

Just saw it. Meh, it was OK but not near the quality of the previous installments. Its almost like they were trying to hard to catch the magic that used to come natual.

Indiana Jones was always kind of over the top and silly in some respects with the action in this movie they go from silly to just flat unbelievably stupid at the beginning with
                                Spoiler:
                                the nuclear explosion.
                                . Its dissappointing because it was so unnecessary and added nothing, just like the
                                Spoiler:
                                cliche goofy G-men
                                who actually ended up having no relavence to the show.

There was some good stuff though. I really did like
                                Spoiler:
                                Seeing the ark and references to Indys Dad and Marcus. Also nice to see Marion Ravenwood again, though the character made me cring more in this movie and didnt quite ooze the coolness she did back in Raiders.

So, indy ended up working for the government huh? For some reason I always saw him more of a free agent not someone who was activly working with the government as some sort of spy type. That also seemed like a kind of unnecessary change in the character. But I dont know, maybe there have been books or something that I missed out on and I never really watched Young Indiana Jones so maybe I missed some of the Indiana Jones Universe story.

At first I was kind of put off by the aliens then it occurred to me theres no reason that should put me off anymore then the Ark or the Holy Grail. Ultimatly I found that part of the movie less off putting and more beliveable then the beginning with the nuke (yeah it bugged me, it was so freaking pointless!). I didnt really get a good understanding of what the aliens motivations were or why the bad guy was punished (I Know why the Nazies were toasted by the arc and the grail, arrogance and greed...but not sure why the Russian lady got it....though certainly she was arrogant and greedy).

I also was not clear on what was to be gained by Indy looking into the skull, though I was dissappointed he wasnt transported to another planet . Oh and Indy, if they let Marion get away to send the letter, dont you think they are letting you get away so they can follow you. And WHAT Help exactly did you think your buddy was going to get for you when you were sinking into the ground? Seriously, other then what he got, what did you think he COULD get. The snake thing was funny (though I did feel bad for the poor snake....even if it was a stunt-snake).

Anyway, it was ok just didnt have the magic of the previous ones
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X