No announcement yet.

I AM LEGEND Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really looking forward to I Am Legend. I'll probably wait and read the book after I've seen it. Will Smith is great, I think he'll do a fantastic job in this one, looknig at his career he's steadily maturing as an actor.
    I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

i think will might be quite good in this, hes such a different actor to heston it will make this movie much more unique and fresh than a simple remake, he can be rather similar in a lot of films but he does have acting talent, which he used in films like Ali etc. i think his problem is that he acts all his characters quite lightheartedly, hes still the fresh prince at heart, and does not do serious particulalrly well, but i think he's growing up and you can see by the kind of roles he does now.
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

Avatar, I do hope you're right. And I will give him a chance in this film. Heck, Jim Carrey proved me VERY wrong with "The Truman Show" I thought that was his greatest performance ever and was the role which lead to me respecting him as an actor.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
          Avatar, I do hope you're right. And I will give him a chance in this film. Heck, Jim Carrey proved me VERY wrong with "The Truman Show" I thought that was his greatest performance ever and was the role which lead to me respecting him as an actor.

Yeah, Carrey was a guy who I couldn't stand, but when he tones it down a bit he can be great (Eternal Sunshine, Truman)

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
            have you ever seen the majestic, thats what made me look at him seriously
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
              have you ever seen the majestic, thats what made me look at him seriously
              No I haven't, what's it about?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Personally, I think Will Smith has come a long way as an actor over the years. I don't have any real concerns about him being able to handle and do justice to this role.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

As far as actors go, they certainly could've done much worse. Will Smith isn't everyone's cup of tea but he is a very bankable name in Hollywood. More of his movies are successes than failures.

Comment

Originally posted by Teelie View Post
                    As far as actors go, they certainly could've done much worse. Will Smith isn't everyone's cup of tea but he is a very bankable name in Hollywood. More of his movies are successes than failures.
                    Boy, isn't that the truth?
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

The more and more I've seen of this movie through previews, the more I can't wait to see it. I really think this will be a great one.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I didn't think much of it when I saw the theatrical trailer a couple of months ago, but having seen the preview they played tonight during BSG: Razor I'm now very intrigued by this. I don't really care about whether it's Will Smith, he'll manage alright. As long as I don't have to hear his trademark "aww hell no" that he seems to do in most of his movies I'll be happy.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

This appears to be very much more a "The Omega Man" remake than an "I Am Legend" adaptation- but to be honest I can see why. In "I Am Legend" the good guy turns out to be a bad guy. You have to be able to grasp the concept that just because you think what you are doing is right, doesn't mean it is; and most people who go see movies these days don't want think. "The Omega Man" on the other hand is more a survival and then helping movie. It doesn't really require you to think much since the main character is always seen as the good guy.

Regardless of how this movie actually goes though, I am very excited to see it. It looks amazing.

Comment

I first saw the trailer when I went to see another film in the theatre over the summer. I was intrigued. Now, I keep catching glimpses of this trailer on tv. Can't wait to catch this film in December!

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Saw the trailer, this looks pretty intriguing.....though it sorta ruins the chance of a "Y: The Last Man" movie being made any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by pavaneofstars View Post
                                I first saw the trailer when I went to see another film in the theatre over the summer. I was intrigued. Now, I keep catching glimpses of this trailer on tv. Can't wait to catch this film in December!
                                Yeah, I first saw the trailer when I went to see Transformers over the summer. Since then, I've grown more and more excited about it. I think we'll really be in for a treat. I can't wait to see it, and see how closely it follows the book.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X