Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
    Anyone else watch Lexx?

Yep. I watched Lexx. It was a total oddball of a show, but there were great stories hidden amidst all the weirdness. Loved it.
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Was a bizarre series, very unique, funny, weird but not every one liked it

http://www.xanga.com/The790Project
      If I only had an arm, I'd be more than just a head. If I only had an arm, I would strangle Tweedle dead!

Christoph Schrewe has returned to German tv
      Lex Gigeroff and Paul Donovan haven't really done anything big since
      Chris Roland also helped produce the cult tv show Charlie Jade

Comment

A I recall, Lex G would often have cameo's playing some of the more disturbing characters in certain episodes. I seem to remember his 'Doctor Rainbow' from Season 3's 'Tunnels' being somewhat extraordinary in having an obsession of cutting off peoples 'bad parts, dirty parts'.... Quite scary actually.
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I saw a few episodes here and there, and i thought it was an ok series. But i have to admit seeing Xenia Seeberg certainly kept me watching.

Comment

A lot of people preferred Eva to Xenia, although I preferred Xev myself Llykka (sp?) was quite hot too...although scary...
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

A couple of things....

I looked up Eva Habermann the other day, she was only 20 years old during season 1

Also: There's a reasonably priced Lexx season 1 R1 set available.

Plus it was announced today that there will be a Canadian/R1 release of season 2, at the steal of a pre-order price of $18.

Might be time to invest in some region-free players, those of you in other parts of the world
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I haven't seen Lexx, but I've heard a lot of somewhat good things about it.

Comment

I loved it, so completely off the wall. Not many sci-fi shows are focused almost entirely on the crew trying to find food, sex, and entertainment
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                    I haven't seen Lexx, but I've heard a lot of somewhat good things about it.
                    The whole series is on Hulu
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      I loved it, so completely off the wall. Not many sci-fi shows are focused almost entirely on the crew trying to find food, sex, and entertainment
                      Yeah, Lexx had that and some traditional sciency fictiony stuff as well. Oh, and fully functioning toilets. Heh.
                      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Lexx was a really weird series that I really liked. I have all the DVD’s. All the seasons are good but season 4 was hilarious. Season 3 is my least favorite. I found it to be a bit dull with the fire and water planets and Prince (Nigel Bennett) becoming a main character… Kai is my favorite character.
                        Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.
                        Nina: Everything else was taken.

Comment

I hated season 4, it was like the show had become a hollow mockery of itself

I'm pretty torn between seasons 2 and 3 as my favourite. I loved the variety of S2, but I loved the Fire and Water arc of S3.

When we heard that season 4 would be the end, I was really disappointed. I was quite hoping that a 5th and final season would be made wherein the Lexx and crew would find themselves at the end of the Insect Wars in the distant past; that the Lexx and Kai (in particular) would end the Insect Wars, fulfilling the truth of the Brunnen-G being the saviours of humanity in the wars.

Comment

I agree with you. Season 2 was great. Self contained episodes. Season 4 was really twisted and
                            hilarious because the writers got away with so much weirdness. I didn’t like the president thing, Prince and Bunny… Season 4 was a bit of a mockery of itself but it still had a few great episodes. Vlad vs Kai and the Oberon episode where Xev is brought back to life, the evil carrots...

Indeed when I heard that season 4 was the last season I was sad. Micheal McManus who plays Kai insisted on the writers that his character shouldn’t have a happy ending on the DVD's. The faith of Kai did make me sad in the last episode but he truly died and joined his other Brunnen-G people in “heaven”.
                            Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.

Comment

Yeah....as much as I didn't like season 4 I did get a kick out of all the places on Earth that got blown up or eaten by the Lexx. And the series finale was a nice send-off for Kai too. So it wasn't all bad. Just....mostly

I've been slowly re-watching the season 1 movies over the last few days. I'd forgotten how blatantly sexual it was lol. Especially the giant Wist in Eating Pattern with the tube coming out of her mouth and into the Lexx....holy cow

I'll probably watch Giga Shadow tonight. I really liked the whole Cluster/Divine Shadow/Kai Prophecy stuff

Comment

Yes the last episode in season 4 was a great send-off for Kai.

Yeah I agree I’ve re-watched a few episodes years later and was a bit shocked on how it was. Zev taking a shower on the Lexx in S1 is a bit much… Indeed holy cow with Wist in Eating Pattern.

Comment

Working...
                                X