X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
    I wonder why they havent done buffyverse TV since
    Originally they wanted to do Angel Movies on TV, but Boreanaz refused to do anything but theatrical incarnations of his character.

Then they wanted 3 supporting character-based TV Movies, I believe Spike, Willow, and Faith, each with their own movie, but Alyson has a wildly successful and busy career, though she expressed interest in doing it, her schedule is pretty packed. James was worried that since he's nearly old enough to have fathered a son the age of how Spike should appear it may not be believable at this point (though he was also interested). And the WB went out of business, so....
    Last edited by Ripple in Space; 03 August 2007, 02:21 PM.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Comment

I'm so glad to hear that 'Ripper' is being done finally. I was always intrigued about the hints given on occasion about Giles's past in 'Buffy'. He was not what he seemed and I liked that mysterious unknown part of his character. I'm really looking forward to seeing this when it finally materialises on screen.

Comment

Given the bbc's liking for sci-fi/fantasy right now they'll hopefully strike a deal pretty soon
        I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Now that would be interesting. I always liked Giles
          sigpic

Peter Petrelli: What do you do with something that killed you?
          Nathan Petrelli: You could put it underneath your pillow.

Comment

Originally posted by BeckettRulez View Post
            Now that would be interesting. I always liked Giles
            What US Network is going to re-air it?
            sigpic
            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
            ~David Hewlett

Comment

If I had to guess BBC America, but since there is no actual deals in place yet who knows where it will end up.
              I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

I'm not too thrilled about Joss' outline:

Originally posted by Joss Whedon
                "The people who live there, it's all very isolated. [Giles] himself has been gone for many years. He was surrounded by a de facto family that he no longer has. And [he is] sort of picking up his life all alone, and then getting involved in the underbelly of other people's lives, and finding out all about them. Loneliness is what I think of. It may not be the theme so much as the emotional intent of the series, but that's what really attracts it to me the most"
                This sounds like the original plan for Angel, which I loved btw. Back in what I see as the show's prime, Angel, Doyle and Cordelia went out into the underbelly of LA, getting involved in people's lives, solving mysteries, beating the bad guys, and helping the helpless. Joss couldn't keep that up for more than 2 dozen episodes, with two great gritty, dark characters, and a gorgeous "connection to the world. (...) [with a] very humanizing influence." How does he expect to do it on a BBC budget (meaning less $$$ for a talented supporting cast, and special FX)?

Won't it also be difficult running this low-budget production series alongside the two cannon comic book series (with relatively limitless production value restrictions, since they're drawn, and not actually filmed) involving key characters, arcs, and a close time frame?

If Giles is so lonely why not work more closely with the scoobies? And being a leader in an army of hundreds of super-soldiers, how can he ever be in any physical danger? And as far as magic goes, he has access to an entire coven of mystics, along with the world's most powerful witch. So what won't be an "easy fix"?

GILES: Damn, that woman is being targeted by a cult of vampires, what to do, what to do....
                That's right... (takes out his cell phone)...
                GILES to XANDER: Yes, hello, please send 2 squadrons of Slayers to my location ASAP.
                A dozen+ Slayers drop out of a helicopter moments later turning the cult into dust.

GILES: Mine and Ethan's old mentor is trying to destroy the world with dark magics, what to do, what to do...
                That's right, (takes out his cell phone)...
                GILES to XANDER: Xander, there is a very powerful sorcerer raising some dark magic near my current location, I'll need some assistance.
                Moments later a portal opens in front of Giles and out comes Willow with a few novice Wicas, and some of those Elemental buddies of her's. A few impressive flashes (well with BBC production values, maybe not so impressive) later, and the baddy is a deady.
                Last edited by Ripple in Space; 12 August 2007, 11:40 PM.
                sigpic
                ~David Hewlett

Comment

BBC production values are actually damn good thank ye very much.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                    BBC production values are actually damn good thank ye very much.
                    That's your response to that entire post, lol. I'm not taking shots at BBC, it's just that Joss used to complain that with his WB/UPN budget his hands were tied from doing things that he wanted to do. Correct me if I'm wrong, but BBC SciFi/Fantasy shows have a much smaller budget than CW shows.
                    sigpic
                    ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                      That's your response to that entire post, lol. I'm not taking shots at BBC, it's just that Joss used to complain that with his WB/UPN budget his hands were tied from doing things that he wanted to do. Correct me if I'm wrong, but BBC SciFi/Fantasy shows have a much smaller budget than CW shows.
                      Sorry was on the way out and was busy.

I agree with your points basically, and I hope they find a way to work round it.

With regards production values, I really dont know the specifics, but Doctor Who has a HUGE budget, and special effects that make SG1 look like a puppet show (sometimes).

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                        With regards production values, I really dont know the specifics, but Doctor Who has a HUGE budget, and special effects that make SG1 look like a puppet show (sometimes).
                        Doctor Who Budget Cuts from BBC Wales
                        sigpic
                        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Working...
                        X