This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uberdork7898 View Post
    "Girth" sounds good. I absolutely love watching holiday themed episodes of shows, especially the halloween ones. I can't wait for it!
    I love Halloween episodes too. Dead Like Me did such a great one (*sniffle*seriesfinale*sigh*), I can't wait to see what PD does.

Comment

Thoughts on "The Fun in Funeral":
      Spoiler:
      Completely awesome again. This show is so fun, I find it practically impossible to have anything to complain about upon seeing it!

Love seeing the aunts back, and the scene with them and Olive. And her conclusion when she got back to The Pie Hole, this is bound to make things.....interesting.

The sword fight! How awesome. Cool that Ned is a Star Wars fan. And of course having Emerson stuck in the window the whole time. I watched it as the preview clip about a dozen times, and it was still even funnier in the episode.

The Saran wrap was cute- and at the end with all the boxes....those are big boxes for just heirlooms.....maybe they added in some pie or tarts or something.....

And Emerson running from the Funeral home.....and the coffin! Okay, that must have lasted more than a minute on screen, however creative license and all, I find myself not caring. (though granted, the part with Emerson and the part with Ned and Chuck would have happened at the same time, and only played longer, so maybe not)

*sigh* I could probably go on more, but I'll stop here.

But no preview for next week! Frak!

Comment

So how are you getting these a day before?
        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
          So how are you getting these a day before?
          Canadian. Because we have different channels air shows from various networks there is the inevitable overlap in scheduling as our channels try keep as close with the U.S. networks as possible.....so the occasional program airs here a day early, or a day late, and Pushing Daisies happens to be one of them.

Comment

It scares me when you do that. Every time I see you talking about an ep I go, "Oh crap! I forgot to watch?!"

Once I gain confidence in knowing which night it's on that'll probably go away.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              It scares me when you do that. Every time I see you talking about an ep I go, "Oh crap! I forgot to watch?!"

Once I gain confidence in knowing which night it's on that'll probably go away.

Comment

From this week's TVGuide:

Pushing Daisies' Secrets: How the Storybook Came to Life

"A guy who loves a girl wants to be left alone to make pies but can't because of the situa?*tion he's in." So star Lee Pace explains his surreal new ABC series Pushing Daisies (Wednesdays, 8 pm/ET, ABC). For those who have yet to cultivate a Dai?*sies crush, the situation is this: Pace's character, Ned, a lonely pie baker, can bring the dead back to life with a touch — but can also kill with one more. Which kinda throws a kink into romancing Chuck (Anna Friel), the childhood sweetheart he's resurrected from the grave. Here's a primer to ABC's promising freshman fantasy. ... *snip*
                http://www.tvguide.com/news/pushing-...rets/071017-01

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                  Thanks - great article!

Over in the Ausiello column there was this tidbit
                  Spoiler:
                  Ausiello: Due to some last-minute reshuffling, Broadway VIP Raul Esparza will now be playing traveling homeopathic-antidepressant representative/salesman Alfredo Aldarisio, the role originally earmarked for Paul Reubens. Pee-wee's not going anywhere, though. He's playing a new (and equally quirky) character named Oscar Vibenius, a former smeller/olfactory expert who works for the DWP and smells something a little different about Chuck.

Hmmm ... that last bit sounds interesting.

20 mins till Pie Time!
                  sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

Comment

Thanks - great article!

Over in the Ausiello column there was this tidbit
                    Spoiler:
                    Ausiello: Due to some last-minute reshuffling, Broadway VIP Raul Esparza will now be playing traveling homeopathic-antidepressant representative/salesman Alfredo Aldarisio, the role originally earmarked for Paul Reubens. Pee-wee's not going anywhere, though. He's playing a new (and equally quirky) character named Oscar Vibenius, a former smeller/olfactory expert who works for the DWP and smells something a little different about Chuck.

Hmmm ... that last bit sounds interesting.

20 mins till Pie Time!
                    Pie Time.....I wonder if they ever get sick of the smell of pie on set? It sounds like a heavenly place to work.....I always feel so hungry after watching.

Comment

Kick Poo Kick!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Kick Poo Kick!!!

That was priceless.....

Comment

Does the show think I'm stupid?!

I get it, I don't need 90% of the damn narration! I'm not an idiot! For explaining some charaters, that's fine, for doing flashbacks, that's fine, but they explain every damn little thing and it's just too much!

Best episode yet, it wasn't over the top cuteish, but that narration drives me insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
                            Best episode yet, it wasn't over the top cuteish, but that narration drives me insane.
                            To each his own. I happen to like the narration. Probably my least fav of the 3 eps - not as quirky as the other 2 but still good. Maybe this style is just not for you.
                            sigpic

Comment

I liked Emerson running out of the funeral home when he was afraid the time was going to elapse and then when Ned and Chuck found him -

Emerson: Anybody dead back there that shouldn't be?
                              Ned: No.
                              Emerson: Sweet.

And Emerson was doing a really good job and making Ned feel guilty before they eventually went back to the funeral home.

I didn't like Olive much when the show started but now I'm starting to feel sorry for her.

I also loved the southern accent for Woodruff. I don't think it would work for a serious show but was great for this style.

There was a preview for next week at the end of the US showing. ABC has the preview up for tonight's ep so if you wait a couple days hopefully they will have the one for next weeks ep.

Preview comments
                              Spoiler:
                              Chuck trips but Ned can't catch her so in typical show style and big good looking guy catches her. Chuck looks grateful. Neds upset that he can't do something like that for her. (Probably more so after the knight in shining armor comments in tonights ep). Emerson says "Can't suck on her toes neither. (pause) Some women like that".
                              sigpic

Comment

To each his own. I happen to like the narration. Probably my least fav of the 3 eps - not as quirky as the other 2 but still good. Maybe this style is just not for you.
                                Probably not, but I like it more than when I watched the pilot, plus I love the fact they named it Pie-lette. I have a feeling that future episodes will be more like this one and less like the first two because there are rumours they are going over budget (never a good thing for a TV show, nevermind a new TV show) and this one seems to be "cheaper". I also think the narration will only be used as needed, aka less, in future episodes.

I also will watch for a few different reasons...

I love Kristin Chenoweth and will watch whatever she is in.
                                It's done by the Dead Like Me guy.
                                It's different, and I'm sick of cops, lawyers, doctor, and super hero shows.
                                I also gave up on Invasion and that became a wonderful show that was canceled because people ditched it because the first several episodes were terrible.

And I like this review...
                                Let's deal with the narration problem first. Being a fan of the movie Amélie, I enjoyed the narration when watching the Daisies' pilot. I thought it was charming and added a nice touch to an already colorful setting. However, while watching "The Fun in Funeral," all I wanted to do was jump in the TV and put tape over the narrator's mouth so he would stop talking! This is the third episode, can we please not be reminded of how Ned's powers work, why/how he revived Chuck, the fact that he brought his mother back to life, thus killing Chuck's father, and how Emerson found out about Ned's gift and teamed up with him? It's not rocket science, we understood how things worked two weeks ago!

I get that the writers probably wrote that in so that new viewers would not be lost but couldn't they have used a "previously on Pushing Daisies" clip instead of inserting that recap within the episode? And if viewers start watching the show after the second episode, wouldn't have said viewers read about the show online or heard about it from their friends and co-workers around the water cooler? I still love the narration part of the show, but the writers need to stop bringing people up to speed every episode and need to find enough to write about to fill an entire episode (see last week's "Hopelessly Devoted" scene for another example of writers not having enough to write about).
                                http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/10/17/pu...eral/#comments

Guess which comment is mine.

EDIT -
                                I also loved the southern accent for Woodruff. I don't think it would work for a serious show but was great for this style.
                                Am I watching the same show?!

Comment

Working...
                                X