This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
    Did 27 million people really watch the show or is it one of those network lies.
    Could be that they combined the ratings for both the Wednsday and Friday airings to get that number? Plus DVR, which presumabley wasn't included in the ratings we saw. Maybe they included the Canadian ratings on CTV as well?

Because yes, I agree that that does sound a bit.....high.

Anyone else know?

Comment

Ooh a Pushing Daisies thread! I've been waiting for this show since they announced they were making the pilot back in February, and LOVED it when I saw the preview at Comic Con.

And loved it even more when I saw it on TV on the premiere date on Oct. 3rd. I think i've been telling everyone I know to watch it and they were getting sick of me talking about PD. lol

Anyways, I'm glad to find a thread for PD, since I'm really too lazy to go out and jump into a new forum. Even though i don't come on GW as much anymore, I'm still more confortable here.

I'm excited for this week's episode.
      ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
        Could be that they combined the ratings for both the Wednsday and Friday airings to get that number? Plus DVR, which presumabley wasn't included in the ratings we saw. Maybe they included the Canadian ratings on CTV as well?

Because yes, I agree that that does sound a bit.....high.

Anyone else know?
        A friend told me that they are starting to including numbers from the online viewings as well. I don't know if that is true or not, but I know a lot of people who missed the first and second airing on TV, who actually caught the show online and loved it too. Also I'm sure they are including DVRs now too. I remember reading an article saying that Neilson houses were given DVRs now too. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm just happy to see the first episode do very well.
        ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt View Post
          Ooh a Pushing Daisies thread! I've been waiting for this show since they announced they were making the pilot back in February, and LOVED it when I saw the preview at Comic Con.

And loved it even more when I saw it on TV on the premiere date on Oct. 3rd. I think i've been telling everyone I know to watch it and they were getting sick of me talking about PD. lol

Anyways, I'm glad to find a thread for PD, since I'm really too lazy to go out and jump into a new forum. Even though i don't come on GW as much anymore, I'm still more confortable here.

I'm excited for this week's episode.
          You saw it Comic-con! Nice! I've been doing the same telling everyone to watch this, it's such a great show.

I imeadiately went looking for a PD forum after seeing the first ep- I found this site, but they don't seem to have a forum at the moment, but it's good for news and stuff, and has a discussion section in the comments for after the episodes:

http://www.thepiemaker.com/

Comment

A friend told me that they are starting to including numbers from the online viewings as well. I don't know if that is true or not, but I know a lot of people who missed the first and second airing on TV, who actually caught the show online and loved it too. Also I'm sure they are including DVRs now too. I remember reading an article saying that Neilson houses were given DVRs now too. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm just happy to see the first episode do very well.
            Ahh, good point, I'd forgotten about the online viewings, and you're probably right that they'd count those in the number they present in the ads. The original number wouldn't have included the DVRs because it was released on Thursday morning, and DVRs take a few days to count, so they would have been added on top of the 12.83 mill of the initial ratings, contributing to however ABC got that 27 mill.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
              You saw it Comic-con! Nice! I've been doing the same telling everyone to watch this, it's such a great show.

I imeadiately went looking for a PD forum after seeing the first ep- I found this site, but they don't seem to have a forum at the moment, but it's good for news and stuff, and has a discussion section in the comments for after the episodes:

http://www.thepiemaker.com/
              Yup, the Pushing Daisies panel was my main reason for going to comic con this year. It was great we got to see the pilot and meet the cast. And they were all wonderfully sweet and really happy for the turn out. I'll need to sort my pictures and post them out here one day.

I found a forum on http://pushingdaisies-tv.com/

It looks pretty active, but I'm hesitant about jumping into a fandom that is available on network TV. lol

But if I continue to make vids or something, i might join in on the fun.
              ~Athena

Comment

Yup, the Pushing Daisies panel was my main reason for going to comic con this year. It was great we got to see the pilot and meet the cast. And they were all wonderfully sweet and really happy for the turn out. I'll need to sort my pictures and post them out here one day.

I found a forum on http://pushingdaisies-tv.com/

It looks pretty active, but I'm hesitant about jumping into a fandom that is available on network TV. lol

But if I continue to make vids or something, i might join in on the fun.
                That sounds like it was loads of fun.

I haven't seen that site yet, thanks for the link!

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
                  Did 27 million people really watch the show or is it one of those network lies.
                  Did you happen to watch the show or is it one of those GW posters lies?

Comment

let's not start fighting people.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

<mod snip...express your opinion without calling people names, or don't express it>

I did watch the show, I found it to be rather annoying with all the "This is what is going on" and it was way too cartoony, and I hated the fact they didn't really keep the 60 econd rule at all.

But it's better than another cop, lawyer, doctor show.
                      Last edited by Skydiver; 08 October 2007, 06:30 PM.

Comment

I'm not asking for anything but thx for the red anyway. I could green ya in return but that would be too mean, I guess. Sorry, but this show is nothing like DLM and yes many people tuned it to watch the premiere.

Sky, I'm sorry.

Maybe there should be two discussion threads, one for the pros and one for the antis or something...

Comment

Nah, there are some things about the show I'm not happy with and I'd like to be able to discuss them here- in a calm and open-minded way. However, it might be nice to have a separate thread for those who seek only to bash the show and bash those who like it rather than to participate in a civilized debate.

Comment

Just gonna bop in and say that my family and I watched the pilot last week and loved it. I'll be turning in next Wednesday again for sure! Ned is a cutie.
                            Make it spin!

Comment

we're not making two threads.

Those that hate the show, fine. Hate it.

But reacognize and realize that not everyone here shares your opinion and give them the same respect that you want.

that means, don't belittle them for their opinion. Respect it, accept it, and move on
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I finally got around to watching last weeks episode which I Tivoed. Would call this my favorite show on tv but I did enjoy it and will keep it on my Tivo list for a while to see were the series goes.
                                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X