This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
    mappalazarou the comics arnt exactly canon to the games >_> what maybe right in the comics isnt going to apply to the games and visa versa... unless Super Sonic is now a raging psychotic monster that shoots laser eye beams among other things

(and no Im not bashing StC but it cant exactly fit in with the games)
    You're absolutely right, and it's a shame because the storylines that featured in the comics were great and Bioware should look there for storyline ideas for Sonic RPG.

I would love it if the characters were exactly like they were in StC (I mean back 4 or 5 years because now it's been taken over by poorer writers). In Stc, Amy wasn't chasing Sonic around because she had a crush on him, she loved him but couldn't tell him because he was always busy saving the world and freeing people from Robotnik's rule - Much like the relationship between Col. O'neill and Carter in SG-1 now I think about it.

And also, Knuckles never trusts the freedom fighters because he is a loner on the floating island and mostly only cares about what happens up there. So he has no interest in the suffering of everyone else below (massive rivalry between him and sonic).

And Metallix was created by Robotnik. He rebelled. He evolved. And He has a plan.

lol seriously it was alot like that...

But yeah, I think that Bioware will add that depth to the characters, and since it's a western RPG I think we'll get to choose what Sonic says and does (KotOR, Jade Empire style).
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

You're absolutely right, and it's a shame because the storylines that featured in the comics were great and Bioware should look there for storyline ideas for Sonic RPG.
      well for the most part where great... I still hate the Adventure adaptation because they pulled the magic reset button and undid all the development Super Sonic went through...

I would love it if the characters were exactly like they were in StC (I mean back 4 or 5 years because now it's been taken over by poorer writers). In Stc, Amy wasn't chasing Sonic around because she had a crush on him, she loved him but couldn't tell him because he was always busy saving the world and freeing people from Robotnik's rule - Much like the relationship between Col. O'neill and Carter in SG-1 now I think about it.
      yes StC Amy is likeable unlike current Amy(though i wish she had her Piko Piko Hammer instead of a crossbow)

in SA1+2 Amy developed out of the creepy psycho stalker fangirl from hell but then Heroes came along and undid all the development that happened in those 2 games

And also, Knuckles never trusts the freedom fighters because he is a loner on the floating island and mostly only cares about what happens up there. So he has no interest in the suffering of everyone else below (massive rivalry between him and sonic).
      lets not forget he isnt a moron unlike current Knuckles in the games T_T WHY SEGA WHY!!!!! Knuckles was a sly SoB and would set up traps and actually get Sonic and Tails to fall into them

now he just acts like the stereotypical idiot strong guy (hell all he did In Sonic Rush was get mad and punch a bloody rock and made him into a sidekick like Tails was... As for tails in SA1+2 grew out of needing Sonic to do every thing for him but since SH has degenerated into back into Sonics little tag along freind...)

And Metallix was created by Robotnik. He rebelled. He evolved. And He has a plan.
      well he did that in SH but lets forget that game ever existed because like iv stated heroes practicly undid every thing from the previous games and made Shadows sacrifice at the end of SA2 pointless and meaningless and in the process ruined him *glares at Shadow the Hedgehog ''game''*
      Last edited by kharn the betrayer; 22 June 2007, 02:46 PM.

Comment

well for the most part where great... I still hate the Adventure adaptation because they pulled the magic reset button and undid all the development Super Sonic went through...
        and the development for many of the other characters.

yes StC Amy is likeable(though i wish she had her Piko Piko Hammer instead of a crossbow)

in SA1+2 Amy developed out of the creepy stalker but then Heroes came along and undid all the development that happened in those 2 games
        What I want for in Sonic RPG is for them to go back to before SA 1 + 2 + Heroes because I hated the character portrayal in those games. I'd like this sonic game to be more Final Fantasy style...

I know it's not the traditional Sonic concept, but Mario RPG was a damn fine game.

lets not forget he isnt a moron unlike current Knuckles in the games T_T WHY SEGA WHY!!!!! Knuckles was a sly SoB and would set up traps and actually get Sonic and Tails to fall into them

now he just acts like the stereotypical idiot strong guy (hell all he did In Sonic Rush was get mad and punch a bloody rock and made him into a sidekick like Tails was... As for tails in SA1+2 grew out of needing Sonic to do every thing for him but since SH has degenerated into back into Sonics little tag along freind...)
        I believe that Sega's intention was to make the games more accessible for children, and plain characters that they can understand. I didn't like it either...

well he did that in SH but lets forget that game ever existed because like iv stated heroes practicly undid every thing from the previous games and made Shadows sacrifice at the end of SA2 pointless and meaningless and in the process ruined him *glares at Shadow the Hedgehog ''game''*
        Exactly, Heroes was damn awful...I mean they ignored E-102's sacrifice as well from the first game and replaced him with another almost identical robot...It was a pathetic game, IMO. I didn't mind playing through SA 1 + 2 too much, but the story for the 2nd was just....'bad'. the whole 'fake hedgehog' thing was awful, and the race to find the emerald peices with either Rouge or Knuckles was just stupid....

Seriously, storywise they were bad games. I hated Sega's attempt to give the player a two sided game (playing with dark and light characters). KotOR has this thing that when you play through, you get to choose what your character says and does - gaining light points and dark points along the way, and so in the end your character is either a grey skinned Sith crazed with the thoughts of death and genocide whom everyone fears, or a Jedi at peace with himself and others who everyone loves and are inspired by.

Jade Empire and Fable follow the same concept, only with differences in what you become at the end obviously lol. I think that also the thing that Bioware is great at whilst doing game stories, is the mighty revelation at the core....the one which changes everything you knew about the main character up until that point...

I can't wait to see what it is in Sonic RPG....Maybe you find out that you're actually Shadow or something...
        Last edited by Admiral Mappalazarou; 22 June 2007, 03:14 PM.
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

What I want for in Sonic RPG is for them to go back to before SA 1 + 2 + Heroes because I hated the character portrayal in those games. I'd like this sonic game to be more Final Fantas style...

I know it's not the traditional Sonic concept, but Mario RPG was a damn fine game.
          if I wanted to play a FF like game I would play FF (which i dont as i hate most of the series)

I play Sonic for High speed platforming not menu based RPGing with lengthy over drawn cutscenes and flashy animation

but thats just not me and Sonic's gimmick is its fast pased gameplay

Exactly, Heroes was damn awful...I mean they ignored E-102's sacrifice as well from the first game and replaced him with another almost identical robot...It was a pathetic game, IMO. I didn't mind playing through SA 1 + 2 too much, but the story for the 2nd was just....'bad'. the whole 'fake hedgehog' thing was awful, and the race to find the emerald peices with either Rouge or Knuckles was just stupid....

Seriously, storywise they were bad games. I hated Sega's attempt to give the player a two sided game (playing with dark and light characters). KotOR has this thing that when you play through, you get to choose what your character says and does - gaining light points and dark points along the way, and so in the end your character is either a grey skinned Sith crazed with the thoughts of death and genocide whom everyone fears, or a Jedi at peace with himself and others who everyone loves and are inspired by.
          outside of bigs story(blah blah and blah) in SA1 I enjoyed SA1 alot more than I thought I would have...though Bigs slow boring fishing levels where just plain horrid and other than him and Amy the game had some nice fast gameplay

even Knuckles treasure hunting was fast pased... I just wish they developed the Echidnah race and history abit more and how Knuckles came to be... oh and big being repleased with some one fun to play as

now SA2... while I disagree with you on the plot line(it was decent not great though but no sonic plot is that good to begin with IMO but it *gasp* fleshed out one of the new characters) but the gameplay was just off for me

it promoted playing as 6 differant characters... BUT 3 characters play exactly the same as the other 3 (unlike SA which only had 1 clone and that was Metal Sonic)

Knuckles/Rouges levels where down right dull in SA1 It took me only a few min to beat Knuckles stages in SA2 I spent as much as 20-45 min on Knuckles Rogues stages AND in Knuckles stages you had to listen to that horrid rap music

Tail was utterly neutered I wouldent have minded him being in a mech for some parts of his stages but he isnt bloody Eggman and doesnt need to be in one all the time...

plus Eggman/Tails levels where slow and boring to play as (unlike Gamma who was fun and was fast to boot)

the only stages in the game I somewhat enjoyed where Sonic/Shadow and even then they felt off to slow to me compair say white Jungle to Speed Highway in SA1 using the Spin Dash trick to boost your speed

the only level I REALY liked in that game was Green Forest...

plus nowadays every one and their mother has super forms...

oh and lets not go onto Grand Th... I mean Shadow the Hedgehog

Comment

Let's take this one step at a time. Why do you hate Final Fantasy games?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
              Let's take this one step at a time. Why do you hate Final Fantasy games?
              because I *gasp* find their gameplay dull and boring and way to easy for their own good (with the exception of a few secret bosses)

and their plotlines/characters dont interest me one bit *gasp* (except for FF6 as a whole and Vivi from FF9)

and the later FF games feel like Im watching a damn movie instead of playing a game

any ways back on topic

it seems Sega cant even get a PORT of a 15 year old game right (beware fowl language)

part 1
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISclRb-DJzs

part 2
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4vRk9teMB4

Comment

Eh, Bioware needs to focus on finishing Mass Effect. I have 41 games on my wish list and Sonic isn't anywhere near it. I dont think I ever played a sonic game but I have heard the last one was horrible.

Too bad Bioware never got ahold of the stargate franchise though. I think they may have been able to do something good with it.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

because I *gasp* find their gameplay dull and boring and way to easy for their own good (with the exception of a few secret bosses)

and their plotlines/characters dont interest me one bit *gasp* (except for FF6 as a whole and Vivi from FF9)

and the later FF games feel like Im watching a damn movie instead of playing a game
                  I disagree, Final Fantasy X and X-2 are great games (although the story in X-2 is damn awful), and Kingdom Hearts is a great Sqaure-Enix RPG to get into. Final Fantasy's have that epicness about them which I think this new Sonic needs, just so long as it doesn't go over the top.

any ways back on topic

it seems Sega cant even get a PORT of a 15 year old game right (beware fowl language)

part 1
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISclRb-DJzs

part 2
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4vRk9teMB4
                  ha! Awesome. Yeah I heard about the re-release of Sonic 1...How could they have got that so wrong. Remember though, Sega won't be behind Sonic RPG so it shouldn't be awful like that was. Bioware have never made a bad game, and they're not about to do so.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                    Eh, Bioware needs to focus on finishing Mass Effect. I have 41 games on my wish list and Sonic isn't anywhere near it. I dont think I ever played a sonic game but I have heard the last one was horrible.

Too bad Bioware never got ahold of the stargate franchise though. I think they may have been able to do something good with it.
                    I dunno about stargate but I've always imagined a Battlestar Galactica (2004 and upwards series) RPG (like KotOR lol) where you begin on the colonies as a normal guy but then the colonies are attacked and you are saved in Helo's raptor and have to try and find a place within the fleet whilst running from the cylons...

lol just an idea.

sigpic

Comment

I disagree, Final Fantasy X and X-2 are great games (although the story in X-2 is damn awful), and Kingdom Hearts is a great Sqaure-Enix RPG to get into. Final Fantasy's have that epicness about them which I think this new Sonic needs, just so long as it doesn't go over the top.
                      1)which is why I said *I* find the gameplay and what not dull and boring
                      I cant stand playing them (though the music tends to be great)

2)Kingdom Hearts is a Disney game though not a FF game

and Sora,Riku,kairi ect are all owned by Disney and the game is featured arround Disney characters/worlds(exceptions being like Hollow Bastion and Twighlight town)

the FF characters have are just cameos nothing more and a few cameos dont classify it as a FF game

any ways the 3 KH games play nothing like FF one series is turn based the other is an action rpg

and I Do like KH hell I owned KH2:Final mix + and is trying to beat the new big secret boss on critical mode (iv beaten all the mushroom heartless and the Organization rematches)

ha! Awesome. Yeah I heard about the re-release of Sonic 1...How could they have got that so wrong. Remember though, Sega won't be behind Sonic RPG so it shouldn't be awful like that was. Bioware have never made a bad game, and they're not about to do so.
                      true true

though iv only played a few Bioware games I have enjoyed the ones iv played

KoTOR <3 <3

Comment

1)which is why i said *I* find the gameplay and what not dull and boring
                        I cant stand playing them

2)Kingdom Hearts is a Disney game though not a FF game

and Sora,Riku,kairi ect are all owned by Disney and the game is featured arround Disney characters/worlds(exceptions being like Hollow Bastion and Twighlight town)

the FF characters have are just cameos nothing more and a few cameos dont classify it as a FF game

any ways the 3 KH games play nothing like FF one series is turn based the other is an action rpg

and I Do like KH hell I owned KH2:Final mix + and is trying to beat the new big secret boss on critical mode (iv beaten all the mushroom heartless and the Organization rematches)
                        Well it's story is like that of a final fantasy game. I can't see the problem with the gameplay in FF...Why's it so bad? I mean Sonic RPG is likely to be like it, after all FF is one of the most (if not the most famous) RPG franchise there is.

true true

though iv only played a few Bioware games I have enjoyed the ones iv played

KoTOR <3 <3
                        Yes, KotOR is my all time favourite game. It's a shame that Bioware were busy making Jade Empire, because then they could have made KotOR II But then LucasArts would have still pushed for it to be out for the set release date...(Obsidian would've done a finer job with KotOR II if they had lots more time to get it actually finished).

sigpic

Comment

Well it's story is like that of a final fantasy game. I can't see the problem with the gameplay in FF...Why's it so bad? I mean Sonic RPG is likely to be like it, after all FF is one of the most (if not the most famous) RPG franchise there is.
                          most of the 3 KH's games suffered from massive filler (though KH1 suffered the least)

I got into the series for the nostalgia factor of running through the disney worlds with decent game play not for the ''deep'' plotline

as for being most famous RPG... in America/Europe most likley in Japan(which SE cares about more) Dragon Quest practically owns it

Yes, KotOR is my all time favourite game. It's a shame that Bioware were busy making Jade Empire, because then they could have made KotOR II But then LucasArts would have still pushed for it to be out for the set release date...(Obsidian would've done a finer job with KotOR II if they had lots more time to get it actually finished).
                          ah KoTOR2 so much potential wasted...

but then again we have Team-Gizka who should have their restoration project out some time in the very near future for those who have the Pc version
                          Last edited by kharn the betrayer; 22 June 2007, 05:09 PM.

Comment

most of the 3 KH's games suffered from massive filler (though KH1 suffered the least)

I got into the series for the nostalgia factor of running through the disney worlds with decent game play not for the ''deep'' plotline

as for being most famous RPG... in America/Europe most likley in Japan(which SE cares about more) Dragon Quest practically owns it
                            I've heard of that. But Bioware makes western RPG because it's an american company, so expect SRPG to be like either Jade Empire or KotOR (Both excellent games).

ah KoTOR2 so much potential wasted...

but then again we have Team-Gizka who should have their restoration project out some time in the very near future for those who have the Pc version
                            Yeah, the restoration project should be awesome. Almost finished I beleive.

sigpic

Comment

Here is another article on Sonic
                              http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/level...sonic-rpg.aspx
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Yeah, the restoration project should be awesome. Almost finished I beleive.
                                27 bugs left to be finished and as most of the team are either just finishing or have finished School for the summer... you can see my point

Comment

Working...
                                X