No announcement yet.

Space: Above and Beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair Fox gave this show a chance and aired all the episodes, and gave it a full season.

The show just failed, it's a fine show but nothing hugely special. Fox gave it a chance, which is shocking.

Comment

Great series. I think SAaB was the first sci fi show i had ever seen. I didn't like the ship designs though, with the exception of the hammerhead

Comment

I jsut finished watching this series, and while I loved it, I think James Morrison and Joel de la Fuente were the stand out actors. They were the only ones I didn't continually wince at. Even when their characters where written stiff and unbelieveable they brought them to life. Lanei Chapman was pretty good too though.

Of course Tucker Smallwood should have had a more important role, he was the best actor of the bunch by far.

As for the ending, watching it I knew the ending was going to be a cliff-hanger, and I was actually happy with the way they ended it. They started the series with West and Hawkes butting heads and they ended it with those two laying there missing their friends. It sort of came full circle.

Comment

I loved watching this show I found out about it a couple months ago and ran through as many episodes I could find I think I missed maybe 5 all together. This show is one of my favorites out there. No one seems to have heard of it though.. lol or mention it. I quite enjoyed it. They had some really good meanings and characters come in and out. Had some stand out stories and and also a huge arcing story/back story to it. Really really good show in my opinion.

Only problem I had with it was the end. I loved the story in the last episode and what was found out was really interesting and brought up so many possible stories. But I hated what happened to the characters at the very end. If they did make more I don't know if I'd watch because of what happened to em. I'd want to see what would happen with all of them, not just a few.

Comment

I watched this series when it aired and LOVED it. (The end had me upset for months, if I recall).
            I'm so excited that it's on DVD now and I just ordered a copy.

I'm a re-watch junkie. Anyone want to re-watch S:AaB?
            Last edited by Pic; 04 September 2008, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              What a great show. Another in a long list of shows that ended long before they should have.
              I agree and I would love to see an SAAB movie

Comment

There may be hundred sof threads along this line, but I can't find any, so here we go....*takes a breath*

How many of you lovely sci-fi people are as desperate as me to know what happened? I really enjoyed SAAB. It was different from anything I had seen (at the time).

Is there any webisodes or comics that continue on from where Series 1 finished?
                sigpic
                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

I'd like to see it back. I liked the military futuristic military feel. Maybe Stargate Universe will take on its best bits. Still been it's own show though.

Comment

I liked this show, but IMO, it has been way too long.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      I liked this show, but IMO, it has been way too long.
                      That's true. But they had filmed some, if not all, of the second series. I would like to see it!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      sigpic
                      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

i didn't get it. I thought it kinda sucked but too each his own. many people don't like enterprise
                        There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

I really enjoyed SAAB I thought it was different and the characters really drew me in, even the guest stars were great, I thought they were show regulars sometimes.

Comment

I really enjoyed it when it aired. I'm in the midst of re-watching it right now, and it's.... well.... it's dated.
                            Oh, I'm still a fan, but it's rather overly-dramatic at times.

Yesterday, I just watched the Ray Butts episode. The guy West called "Colonel Semper Psycho" who kept talking about how things were "as easy as eatin' pancakes".
                            McQueen would go at full-out-rant at this guy. It's rather humorous.

I remember where it ended, so I'm not sure I'm looking forward to getting there. I kept thinking there was a way that Vansen and Damphousse could be found, etc... but I agree that it's been far too long - what 13 yrs now? - to continue. Also doubt it was popular enough to create a re-imagined spinoff (BSG-style) but, hey, give Chris Carter and Ron D. Moore a call... why not?

Comment

I was absolutely obsessed with this show when it was on. I used to get on the live chat on AOL with Morgan & Wong every week. Then I was devastated when it was cancelled. (Having a strange sense of deja vu...)

I watched the marathon when Sci-fi played it a few years ago. Have to say, I agree it feels very dated. And was entirely too dark - even for the angsty 90s. But it fit right with my angsty personality back then. lol

There was a really great website I'd found awhile back of a guy who played a Chig that published his journal from that time. It's great insight into a bit actor's life and the struggle of those millions of actors out there that we never see or pay attention to. Also cool to have a sort of fly-on-the-wall perspective on a set. The link doesn't appear to be active anymore, unfortunately, but here's a link to a site of all things S:AAB.

http://www.cyberpursuits.com/heckifiknow/saab/links.asp

mfw

Comment

Sorry to refresh this thread, but i just found it.

SAAB was awesome. The storyline was great. The aliens were cool and the fighters rocked. The only thing that needed work was the characters and the number of plot shields on them. That was all.

Remember, in space, no one can hear you scream. unless it is the battle cry of the USMC!!
                                Last edited by Stewart5; 14 December 2009, 09:45 AM.
                                sigpic
                                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Working...
                                X