Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any films/books that make you cry?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The end of "Marley and Me" made me cry!

As for movies, the scene of "Lilo and Stitch" where Stitch is in the glade alone made me cry.
    "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
    My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Books never makes me cry; I guess I just can't get that invested in the printed word.

However, I have come close to crying with scenes in:

McKay and Mrs. Miller (the Mckay hug at the end...awww)
      Spoiler:
      Sunday, obviously

The Landry/Lam scene at the end of "The Fourth Horsemen Part 2"; Beau Bridges is good.
      Enterprise's Terra Prime (Phlox's talk of family)
      Avatar's "The Desert" (at the end)

Also, there was that part in Farenheit 9/11 where the mom grieved for her son who died in Iraq. I can never hold together when I watch real people actually crying. It's just so raw. Now, acting crying; I can spot that pretty quickly.

Comment

Enterprise's Terra Prime.....that just had to be brought up. I don't know how anyone could possibley sit through that one and not get emotional.....

Comment

I am a TOTALY sap when it comes to movies...

Recently I found my self wracked with sobs at the end of PotC:AWE

But I've also shed tears during 'Somewhere in Time' and many MANY other movies, too many to count...

As for TV Episodes...

'Sunday' from Atlantis made me sob
          as did 'Meridian' from SG1
          and 'The banks of the Lethe' from Andromeda made me cry buckets...
          'I will remember you' from Angel had me sobbing, as did 'Hero' and 'You're Welcome' and 'Not fade away'

...not to mention many, many more.
          sigpic
          Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
          |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Originally posted by Anjirika View Post
            I am a TOTALY sap when it comes to movies...

Recently I found my self wracked with sobs at the end of PotC:AWE

But I've also shed tears during 'Somewhere in Time' and many MANY other movies, too many to count...

As for TV Episodes...

'Sunday' from Atlantis made me sob
            as did 'Meridian' from SG1
            and 'The banks of the Lethe' from Andromeda made me cry buckets...
            'I will remember you' from Angel had me sobbing, as did 'Hero' and 'You're Welcome' and 'Not fade away'

...not to mention many, many more.
            Ack! You remind me of yet more sad moments- definitely "Meridian". And "I Will Remember You", "You're Welcome" and "Not Fade Away" were all sad. I didn't cry in "Hero" but tears welled up during the revist to the video from "Hero" in "You're Welcome".

Ooh, and "Passion" from BtVS season two is another one.

Comment

Since we're including television...

I also agree with "Terra Prime" in ENT

Babylon 5 - especially toward the end.

More than a few times in FarScape, but especially during the scene between John and his father in the last episode.

sigpic
              "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
              Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Lord of the Rings, books and films — goes without saying....

TV shows a'plenty — From ER to Without a Trace, X-Files, Firefly (Serenity almost killed me) heck even an episode of Will and Grace or two choked me up.

Certainly the Stargate shows that I'm so emotionally invested in - Meridan, Sunday, Sateda, Heroes, lots of em I can't recall the names of the eps — Jacob dying, Jack and the crystal creature that turns into his kid, Daniel and Shar'a as she is dying, etc., etc

I cried at the end of Waterworld FCOL when the Mariner leaves the island.

The latest one that I cried at, in the theater, was "300." Bawled like a baby. had people looking at me funny....

I love a good cry, I need to get a good cry on every once in a while, so I can go back to being the tough old broad I have to be to get through the everyday crap we all wade through...

If I can't get emotionally invested in a book or a show or a film, It's a waste of my time, really....

ladyjanus

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                  The Lion King. After Mufasa is killed and Simba lifts up his paw and lies down next to him and lowers his paw back over him as if he's being hugged. Gets me every time.
                  Yes! As people say "Damn you Disney"

I also cried this weekend at Dr Who - The Family of Blood Pt 2.

I can't remember the ep title but when Fred died in Angel - I think the way they did it was very emotional. Normally the character in these type of shows gets taken out pretty quickly and then you see everyone dealing with the aftermath, so her death was very slow and then she was still around afterwards (kind of) so no one got any real closure.

I also cried when Jacob and Janet died in SG1.
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention "Letters From Pegasus" from Atlantis. I think I got teary-eyed during the Weir scene when she listed those dead crewmembers.

Comment

I borrowed a Scrubs DVD today, and laughed so hard I was practically crying.

Comment

The end of the "Forever Knight" TV series makes me cry

Comment

I am the most emotional person in the world...the Army commercials on TV where the parents aren't sure of their kids going off in the Army...oh...THOSE make me cry! Just about every movie makes me cry. Cried at Pirates 3...yup! Oh, and Harry Potter 6...the end I was crying BIG TIME! Anyway...yes...everything makes me cry...well, not everything, but a lot of things.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            Oh yeah, I forgot to mention "Letters From Pegasus" from Atlantis. I think I got teary-eyed during the Weir scene when she listed those dead crewmembers.
                            That moment got me, too.
                            sigpic
                            "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                            Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Grave of the Fireflies.That made me cry. It was sad and very hard to take. Watching an anime about 2 children starving to death in Japan during WWII is hard enough but when is also based on real life events,that makes it more diffcult to watch. A very upsetting movie.

Comment

Eons ago, "Terms of Endearment". Recently, "Brokeback Mountain".

Comment

Working...
                                X