Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terminator TV Show - "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" - "SPOILERS FOR ALL EPISODES"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

episode 8 was a bit snorefest it was good, but it didn't command my attention like the previous eps have
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

I can't wait to know if we're getting a new season or not!!

This show is REALLY entertaining!

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
        episode 8 was a bit snorefest it was good, but it didn't command my attention like the previous eps have
        Episode 8 along side Episode 3 were my favorite.
        Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay View Post
          Ausiello once again optimistically predicts renewal for Sarah Connor.
          Still, I can't wait for it to be official.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
            Episode 8 along side Episode 3 were my favorite.
            really? ep 7 and the one with the flash backs to the future were my faves, maybe because they both had strong links to the movies
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

really? ep 7 and the one with the flash backs to the future were my faves, maybe because they both had strong links to the movies

I could see that. I was mainly pulled by three things: the scanning ship---because I don't get why they did periodically scanning; Andy Goode---just because, Nocturne by Chopin---I want to know why the machines like it and why that room Reese was taken too was playing it.

Comment

I could see that. I was mainly pulled by three things: the scanning ship---because I don't get why they did periodically scanning; Andy Goode---just because, Nocturne by Chopin---I want to know why the machines like it and why that room Reese was taken too was playing it.
                i am 90% sure that cameron/a cameron model was playing the piano, reese was very sure about her being a terminator soon afterwards at the base. experiments to make the robots more human perhaps?

and was the ship scanning or just taking jet engines over and just happened to be scanning aswell? i can't quite remember.

and andy goode being there... why not?
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                Quotes!
                sigpic

Comment

i am 90% sure that cameron/a cameron model was playing the piano, reese was very sure about her being a terminator soon afterwards at the base. experiments to make the robots more human perhaps?

and was the ship scanning or just taking jet engines over and just happened to be scanning aswell? i can't quite remember.

and andy goode being there... why not?
                  You really think so? I don't agree with your prespective because there is a bit of information that leads me to another conclusion, but it's a good thought. It was a room in that location Derek was in and in that room they had the music, since Reese said he heard it. I figured it was a torture base, to get information (such as location) from the resistance fighters...did you ever see the Kubrick film of A Clockwork Orange, or read the book. Music was fundamental in torture. So I thought that was the case...because it's after that the people are released and Reese goes back to the location of where he was at and basically there was blood everywhere giving you the impression a good amount of those guys were taken out by the Borgs. Of course, this train of thought works for the Borgs in the future, but I don't know how I connect it to Cameron. Maybe it's a tune she heard and liked, or maybe it's something left over from when she was torturing...since I never felt they made clear whether she was created in the way as the others or if she was created by John.

I thought it was about scanning, I thought I heard a remark from Reese about that. That's why I thought it was scanning, and why the Cyborgs deserted them was also interesting, as I think on it---but I liked the whole Chess Game move when Reese said, "It's a game to them."

I was interested in Andy Goode, because he was there. The correlation was fantastic and hence the reason I was into the flashback eps of 6 and 7. There was nothing really profound there, just liked how they connected them and gave Reese a reason to take him out.

Comment

You really think so? I don't agree with your prespective because there is a bit of information that leads me to another conclusion, but it's a good thought. It was a room in that location Derek was in and in that room they had the music, since Reese said he heard it. I figured it was a torture base, to get information (such as location) from the resistance fighters...did you ever see the Kubrick film of A Clockwork Orange, or read the book. Music was fundamental in torture. So I thought that was the case...because it's after that the people are released and Reese goes back to the location of where he was at and basically there was blood everywhere giving you the impression a good amount of those guys were taken out by the Borgs. Of course, this train of thought works for the Borgs in the future, but I don't know how I connect it to Cameron. Maybe it's a tune she heard and liked, or maybe it's something left over from when she was torturing...since I never felt they made clear whether she was created in the way as the others or if she was created by John.

I thought it was about scanning, I thought I heard a remark from Reese about that. That's why I thought it was scanning, and why the Cyborgs deserted them was also interesting, as I think on it---but I liked the whole Chess Game move when Reese said, "It's a game to them."

I was interested in Andy Goode, because he was there. The correlation was fantastic and hence the reason I was into the flashback eps of 6 and 7. There was nothing really profound there, just liked how they connected them and gave Reese a reason to take him out.

in a clockwork orange, it was not torture, it was brainwashing, maybe reese has been brainwashed somehow? he doesn't seem brainwashed, but maybe it has yet to be triggered.

i feel the fact that reese got freaked out when he saw cameron at conners base implies that since he recognised her as "metal" she must have originated from the Cyborgs.

anyway, saw episode 9.... and what a shame it ended there?!! they have to do season 2!!! they can't leave it like that!!
                    Spoiler:
                    Disclaimer:
                    Quotes!
                    sigpic

Comment

in a clockwork orange, it was not torture, it was brainwashing, maybe reese has been brainwashed somehow? he doesn't seem brainwashed, but maybe it has yet to be triggered.

i feel the fact that reese got freaked out when he saw cameron at conners base implies that since he recognised her as "metal" she must have originated from the Cyborgs.

anyway, saw episode 9.... and what a shame it ended there?!! they have to do season 2!!! they can't leave it like that!!
                      Yeah. It was a tight finale.

I also liked that they added some humour into the last few episodes. I never noticed it wasn't there before but it definitely seemed like TPTB were finding their feet with the show. The fight with Cromardie with the Johnny Cash music was especially awesome. I love scenes like that.
                      Last edited by Anubis69; 18 April 2008, 02:40 AM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
                        Yeah. It was a tight finale.

I also liked that they added some humour into the last few episodes. I never noticed it wasn't there before but it definitely seemed like TPTB were finding their feet with the show. The fight with Cromardie with the Johnny Cash music was especially awesome. I love scenes like that.
                        that was clever,

"last year, all i got was a flight jacket"
                        "that's a tight present"
                        "no it's not"

camerons attempt at humour?
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        Quotes!
                        sigpic

Comment

that was clever,

"last year, all i got was a flight jacket"
                          "that's a tight present"
                          "no it's not"

camerons attempt at humour?
                          I think it was flak jacket not flight jacket

I don't think Cameron was trying to be funny, just trying to get the hang of using vernacular, kind of like Data in TNG as they don't have the experience to know whether it is appropriate. Her jokes are usually the freak him out a little then got ya type jokes (she's working on it).

Cameron comes across as really wanting to understand the humans but as of yet being incapable of it. I like how she's such an enigma even though we know a bit about her.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
                            I think it was flak jacket not flight jacket

I don't think Cameron was trying to be funny, just trying to get the hang of using vernacular, kind of like Data in TNG as they don't have the experience to know whether it is appropriate. Her jokes are usually the freak him out a little then got ya type jokes (she's working on it).

Cameron comes across as really wanting to understand the humans but as of yet being incapable of it. I like how she's such an enigma even though we know a bit about her.
                            "i call shotgun"
                            "i call 9mm"

that was her best joke

anyway, i think she comes across is a bit autistic in some ways, great potential for learning but her people skills are very stunted, but she does come across more human than say cromartie or an arnie model, who are well programmed, implying that she learns like a human rather than being programmed like a normal terminator.

also was it just me, or when we saw her chip, it was like a normal terminator chip, but with a big extra bit on it?
                            Spoiler:
                            Disclaimer:
                            Quotes!
                            sigpic

Comment

"i call shotgun"
                              "i call 9mm"

that was her best joke

anyway, i think she comes across is a bit autistic in some ways, great potential for learning but her people skills are very stunted, but she does come across more human than say cromartie or an arnie model, who are well programmed, implying that she learns like a human rather than being programmed like a normal terminator.
                              Apparently some sub-text from T2 was that the T-1000 was actually studying everyone he was killing. Remember when he skewered that security cop in the eye when he was drinking coffee? ("Must be my lucky day." *jab*) T-1000 kinda jerked his head, like he was examining the guy as he was seizuring.

In fact, the more Terminators I see, the more I seem to notice it and hence the creepier it is becoming tbh. It's a bit like they're learning how to kill in a more efficient way. imo.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

When I mentioned A Clockwork Orange and torture, it was because of the pain the song brought whenever he heard it in the outside world. It wasn't in the sense of "brainwashing" exactly. It's like loving to eat something, and then one day it gave you the runs so bad you had to go to the hospital and whenever you see it, and afterwards whenever you see it makes you grab your stomach. Unless you can say bad food can brainwash a person. The song is played while he's being tortured in that room. I figured that was the case, since in ep 7 or so, when Derek is watching Cameron dance, I'm sure it's in agony at seeing a machine perform art and something so humanistic, but that same song was playing and he looked like he was going to cry.

What do you mean? I'm not disagreeing with Cam being a Cyborg, I just didn't know if she was a cyborg created by John or one created by the machines above. Remember T-101 was John's creation and when she was said to be working for them---that means John has the capabilities and ability to build one...hence the reason I wasn't sure whether she was made by John or came from above.

Well I don't think that was the intention. Remember they still had 4 more episodes to go that was never aired. Like the prom scene (by the way, if the pic is her prom dress as has been mentioned it's awful---she could do better) and various other storylines. They just unfortunately had to end it there. But if there is a season two, they'll be starting with those 4 missing eps.

Comment

Working...
                                X