Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terminator TV Show - "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" - "SPOILERS FOR ALL EPISODES"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four words spring to mind watching the trailer and clips :

Seen it all before.

more X human hero facing X terminator from the future. Again. More of the same big explosions with terminator walking out without skin. More crappy CGI that looks like a playstation game. Faking the womans voice like the other films. Seems Terminator is getting like the slasher-movie genre, in that they seem to like repeating exactly the same plot every f**king time.

I'll give the pilot a fair chance, but I have little to no hope, especially if the majority seems to think its good (then that means it usually wont be).
    Last edited by Acolyte Of Bli'l'ab; 19 May 2007, 04:01 PM.
    Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
    Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Uh... I'm not so sure now after watching those trailers.

Originally posted by Sci-Fi View Post
      Be awhile before it airs...early 2008 if the reports are accurate.
      That's a bit of a wait. It doesn't bode well for this show if FOX are going to let it sit on the shelf until next year.
      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

They should do what they did with The Sarah Jane Adventures and put the premier on this year whilst they prepare the first season to air next year.
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Those trailers look cool. Will be checking this show out. Can't hurt to give it a go
          Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

They should have made the show before T3. In T3 we know that she supposedly dies of cancer and he hasn't seen a T model since T2. And hell we know they fail so what's the point?

And sadly it's on Fox so it doesn't have a chance. Plus Fox is so dumb that they won't put this on after the Super Bowl.

And it was gonig to primere in the fall but Fox is smart enough to realize that all their good shows start in the spring so they delayed it. I doubt it will get a full season.

Comment

So this is suppose to take place BEFORE T3?
              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Yes, its meant to be set inbetween T2 and T3. Pointless if you ask me, they should of done a "band of brothers" style war series set in the future IMO.
                Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
                Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

I think it might be ignoring T3 and just starting a new story from after T2 which goes in a different direction.
                  I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    Same here. I'm just not too sure about this one.
                    Neither am I. I actually liked the third movie and was looking more forward to the continuation of that. Seeing the world post judgement day.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Acolyte Of Bli'l'ab View Post
                      Yes, its meant to be set inbetween T2 and T3. Pointless if you ask me, they should of done a "band of brothers" style war series set in the future IMO.
                      Well I think they are still planning on doing T4 but that may have fell through by now. I would much prefer seeing John fight for survival post judgement day, and I think Nick is a much better choice for John. recasting Sarah is a mistake too.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I'll give it a go if for no other reason that I need some more interesting shows to watch that time of year. I loved Summer Glau in The Unit and from what I've seen of the trailers she should be good in this as well.

Fingers crossed anyway
                        "But I want to do community service, I want to teach the handicapped how to yodel"

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                          Well I think they are still planning on doing T4 but that may have fell through by now. I would much prefer seeing John fight for survival post judgement day, and I think Nick is a much better choice for John. recasting Sarah is a mistake too.
                          I suspect some said the same about reacasting O'Neill and Jackson...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

^has a point.

I think that it will be good but will get cancelled thanks to Fox's unique look on cancelling good shows.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post

Nope T4 through T6 is a go. Some new company bought the rights to the movie franchise and will be making a new war triogy. it will take place several years after the end of T3.

Comment

How are they doing this? I thought that it came out that The Terminator and The Matrix were stolen from Sophia Stewart? She has a website at www.sophiaoracle.com . Does she have any say in this? Will she be getting any money from the "Sarah Conner Chronicles" ? I have not read any of her novels yet ( they are currently beyond by price range ), but she has to have a better ending than the Warshowski brothers do. I was confused by the second Matrix movie, but was very hopeful that the third movie would un-confuse me, but the actual third movie dashed my hopes. The 3 Terminator movies held together a lot more than the 3 Matrix movies did. But I am a lot more intrigued by The Matrix than I am by The Terminator If Sophia Stewart (www.sophiaoracle.com ) can give me a better resolution to The Matrix than the W Brothers have , then I am all for giving her 100% rights to both movies and all sequels. If doing a "Sarah Conner Chronicles" TV series helps Sophia produce a better Matrix series, then I am for it. If it hinders her from doing so, then I am opposed. If it has no effect, then I don't care. The Terminator series was entertaining, but the first Matrix was very thought-provoking. The combination of the 2nd and 3rd Matrix movies killed that effect. I would like to see a more thought-provoking continuation of the first Matrix than 2 and 3 provided. I think that maybe Sophia Stewart can fix that. If "The Sarah Conner Chronicles" help her do it, I will watch with pleasure. If they interfere with her doing that, I probably won't watch. If it doesn't matter, then I will watch if I like the pilot.

Sorry for being so wordy, but to put it more succinctly, I think Sophia Stewart ( www.sophiaoracle.com ) is telling the truth, and if she has not been included in this project then I do not think that it will actually happen. I liked the Terminator series, but I LOVED the original Matrix. How I treat any sequels to the Terminator depends on if and how those sequels effect the possibility of a better resolution to The Matrix. If it helps Sophia, I will watch. If it hurts her, I won't. If it has no bearing, then I will watch until I get bored.

Comment

Working...
                                X