Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terminator TV Show - "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" - "SPOILERS FOR ALL EPISODES"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
    I see now that, since you enjoyed T3, you can't understand the complexity of good acting. I shall try and make it easy for you to understand.
    Wow. Do you practice being rude or does it come naturally? Just because you think the acting in T3 is bad, that doesn't mean that it is. Opinions are relative, especially when it comes to one's opinion of an actor's acting ability in a movie or TV episode.

By assuming that an actress is going to play the same type of role each time she plays in a movie, you are doing exactly what you thought you were accusing me of doing.
    I never made that assumption. Stop making stuff up. YOU were whining about Summer Glau's acting in The Sarah Connor Chronicles, because it was too similar to her acting in Firefly. I merely pointed out that the characters are similar in that they're both walking weapons, effectively.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
      I never made that assumption. Stop making stuff up. YOU were whining about Summer Glau's acting in The Sarah Connor Chronicles, because it was too similar to her acting in Firefly. I merely pointed out that the characters are similar in that they're both walking weapons, effectively.
      Originally posted by Daniel Jackson
      I'm aware it's the same actress, and of coarse it's going to be with the same style since it's the same actress!
      I'm aware it's the same actress, and of coarse it's going to be with the same style since it's the same actress!
      HURRRRRRR

Comment

Actually, I do. I just don't like to play psychic and declare a show cancelled before the first episode has even aired.

Do you listen to what I say? No, of course not, why would you do that.

Fox has canceled at least 2 dozen shows before they have even aired, the most famous one was Firefly, they never gave it a chance.

Beverly Hills, 90210 (10 Seasons) - Soup Opera
        The X Files (9 Seasons) - Amazing, the one show they gave a chance and that was 15 years ago when they had nothnig to lose. Do you understand thnigs change?
        24 (Returning for Season 7) - No comment on that trash.
        Melrose Place (7 Seasons) - Soup Opera
        Part of Five (6 Seasons) - Soup Opera
        House (4th Season) - Ok, I was wrong, it's not the first. Wow... I was off by so much.
        The O.C. (4 Seasons) - Soup Opera
        Bones (3rd Season) - Still needs a forth season to be added to the very small list of shows that made it past 3 seasons.

And look at that list, even if you include the Soup Operas that's 8 one hour long shows that lived to a third season 3 in the last 20 years of Fox. That's just sad.

Comment

Let's try to put that in context, OK?

ME
          Being calm, emotionless, and a good fighter makes her River? Oh, come on. You just described each Terminator character along with countless characters from countless stories. I'm sorry, but those three qualities are not unique to River Tam.
          YOU
          No, but the two are played by the same actress, whom plays them both with the same style. Hence my comparison. Nice attempt to create a straw man, sir.
          ME
          Nice try.

Anyway, I'm tired of arguing with you. You're obviously just going to say the same thing again and again. You think Summer Glau is a poor actress. I get it, and I disagree. I think she is a fantastic actress and so do most people who like Firefly and got to see the pilot of this new show.

Now, back to the discussion: How long do you think the first season will last if it turns out to be a success? Just the 12 episodes, or perhaps longer?

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
          Do you listen to what I say? No, of course not, why would you do that.
          Of coarse I didn't listen, this is a message board, I read what you say. Furthermore, drop the condescending attitude.

Fox has canceled at least 2 dozen shows before they have even aired, the most famous one was Firefly, they never gave it a chance.
          If the show never aired, it wasn't cancelled, it was aborted. Obviously that's not going to happen to TSCC. At worst, it will get the Firefly treatment. The show did get a chance, just not much of one, because FOX is poorly administrated.

First off, it's soap opera, not soup opera. Second, what difference does the genre make? I was simply pointing out that FOX has had many successful one-hour dramas over the years. It is not amazing that The X Files was given a chance. It was a good show. However, this example may be outdated since FOX was likely under a different administration at the time. If 24 is trash, why is it that it's returning for a 7th season? I'm not saying it's mind-blowingly great television, but it's obviously good enough to stay on the air. Then there's the crime drama Bones. 3, 4, 5 seasons, I don't care. My point is, at this point, it's had a decent run.

And look at that list, even if you include the Soup Operas that's 8 one hour long shows that lived to a third season 3 in the last 20 years of Fox. That's just sad.
          This from the guy who said House was the first drama to surpass three seasons. Really, do some research like I did before making such bold claims.
          Last edited by Daniel Jackson; 27 October 2007, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Let's try to put that in context, OK?

Insert Daniel Jackson attempting to make himself not sound like a tool and failing miserably

Nice try.

Anyway, I'm tired of arguing with you. You're obviously just going to say the same thing again and again. You think Summer Glau is a poor actress. I get it, and I disagree. I think she is a fantastic actress and so do most people who like Firefly and got to see the pilot of this new show.
            Actually, what I said was that she's playing the same role the same way again, because she played Summer just like she plays Cameron.

THen you countered with "well, all Terminators are liek that so you just described everyone hur hur".

Arnold's Terminator wasn't quite like Cameron. In fact, in the extended edition, they show more emotional sides of him. There's even quite a few attempts at humor. Same thing goes for T-1000, T-X, etc. They all have the same quirks about them, but it's pretty uniform among the three.

Cameron does not behave quite like the terminators that came before her, she's a little creepy and very awkward in human interactions, as seen when she interacts with John. The only line that stays constant is "Come with me if you want to live." And frankly, that's a mix of both the director's direction, and the actor's ability to act.

Comment

I'm tired of arguing this. Is there another aspect of the show you'd like to discuss?

Comment

Summer's terminator isn't a T-800 series. That was a bit of a shocker.

The T-800 (T1 and T2) and the T-850 (T3) all had red vision, which is what Cromartie also had. But Cameron's model had color vision. :O

But it looked like the same OS.... so.... Maybe she's a T-875?

Comment

Since she's from a different future, she could still be a T-800 or T-850 with any differences simply a result of being from an alternate future. However, since she's smaller with greater personality, I would say it's likely she's a different model.

I read that there won't be any T-1000's or TX's in the show, because they could look like anyone and that would be confusing. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine didn't have this problem with it's Changeling infiltrators.

Comment

They kinda did have this problem with the CHanglings (hence why everyone spent an entire season taking blood samples).

I'd say that the T-Cameron isn't really from a different future, though. Terminator's theme is usually that two terminators are sent from the same timestream back to monkey around with time.

Comment

It wasn't a problem, it's called drama! The producers wanted the characters to become paranoid, wondering who was a Changeling and who's not. It made the show better. There was one episode that revealed a major character had been replaced by a Changeling opperative for months!

Sarah, John, the Terminator, and Dyson blew up Cyberdyne Systems, the company that created Skynet which created the Terminators from those first two movies. This means that Cameron is from a different future, one where someone else created Skynet. John even tells Sarah that she changed the future, she just didn't change it enough, which is what happened in T3. Unlike T3, Judgment Day is still several years away, giving them time to change the future further.

Comment

Yes, but my point was that Cromartie and Cameron both came from the same future. LURN 2 REED.

Comment

It wasn't a problem, it's called drama! The producers wanted the characters to become paranoid, wondering who was a Changeling and who's not. It made the show better. There was one episode that revealed a major character had been replaced by a Changeling opperative for months!

Sarah, John, the Terminator, and Dyson blew up Cyberdyne Systems, the company that created Skynet which created the Terminators from those first two movies. This means that Cameron is from a different future, one where someone else created Skynet. John even tells Sarah that she changed the future, she just didn't change it enough, which is what happened in T3. Unlike T3, Judgment Day is still several years away, giving them time to change the future further.

The problem i have with time travel is if the future has been changed then the events in the first movie should never have happened, even to the point where Reese (if i remember his name properly) would not of been sent back and John Conner would never have been born. I creates a paradox that always ruins time travel stories for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumper View Post
                            The problem i have with time travel is if the future has been changed then the events in the first movie should never have happened, even to the point where Reese (if i remember his name properly) would not of been sent back and John Conner would never have been born. I creates a paradox that always ruins time travel stories for me.
                            Wow, you over think things way way too much.

Yes most time travel is not possible, yes all time travel makes no sense at all, but it's TV.

There are three great ways to happen time travel.

1. Doctor Who - Back to the Future - You change history you then write yourself out of history. You would ask but then you couldn't change history, but how would you know.

2. Odyssey 5 - Short lived show on Sci-fi Channel now. Only your brainwaves could travel back. That way you can't go back before you are born.

3. Futurama - Be your own grandfather.

And no one, not you or me or the second smartest person in the world (I'm the first. ) can ever understand time travel in our lifetimes. So just enjoy the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                              Yes, but my point was that Cromartie and Cameron both came from the same future. LURN 2 REED.
                              I was going to appologize for my error, but after the lurn 2 reed comment... nevermind.

Originally posted by Dumper View Post
                              The paradox can be solved if you assume that people and objects that go to the past and change the future are protected from changes to the future by being components of the past.

Comment

The paradox can be solved if you assume that people and objects that go to the past and change the future are protected from changes to the future by being components of the past.
                                Unfortunately, they usually don't explain a way to protect the traveler from changes. In trek, though, they sorta did... Chromoton particles would shield the traveler from the effects of time travel, hence how the USS ENterprise-E was able to travel back with the Borg Sphere and not be destroyed when the Borg assimilated Earth.

Comment

Working...
                                X