Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terminator TV Show - "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" - "SPOILERS FOR ALL EPISODES"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only thing on the pilot worth watching... is Summer "River Tam" Glau beating people up. Like she did in Serenity. It's like River Tam came into Terminator Universe. I'm halfway expecting to see Simon.

Comment

i have never heard of this show, could you perhaps give some background (I know who sarah conner is but know nothing of the show you are talking about)

Comment

It aired already?
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Nope, not yet. But TSW has a great set visit report up. I admit I was dismayed when I heard this was in the works, but reading the report I'm a lot more optimistic.
          sigpic

Comment

i've seen some clips on the virgin1 ad's i think it might be alright, i do quite like the terminator series, and i'm glad they are not using the t3 continuity
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

Already seen it quite a while ago, it's about Sarah and her son (lost his name) who are running once again from a terminator, this time helped by a terminator played by Summer Glau, and as many of you might know, it happens after T2

I thought it was quite ok, but wasn't really impressed, it didn't really feel to me as terminator either, but I think I wil watch the other episodes when they come

Comment

Originally posted by Nick-J View Post
                Already seen it quite a while ago, it's about Sarah and her son (lost his name)
                john, john conner
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                Quotes!
                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
                  i have never heard of this show, could you perhaps give some background (I know who sarah conner is but know nothing of the show you are talking about)
                  There's this movie series called Terminator comprising of The Terminator, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, and Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. There's now going to be a TV show this January based on the movies, but only the first two. The TV show ignores the third movie for creativity's sake. However, the upcoming fourth movie will be a continuation of the third movie, not the TV show. There's basically two timelines that could be followed.

Timeline 1
                  The Terminator
                  Terminator 2: Judgement Day
                  Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
                  Terminator 4 (in development)

Timeline 2
                  The Terminator
                  Terminator 2: Judgement Day
                  Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (TV show)

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                    john, john conner
                    ah thanks, one would think it wouldn't be to dificult to remember that name

Comment

The show was great, but they are editing out the school shooting part which is lame.

It's really REALLY good, and will have more to do with Sky... whatever the company is called.

And I love the fact that is being made by the T3 people, like all of them, and they are throwing T3 out the window.

Comment

Isn't it ironic that we're getting TSCC, made by the T3 people, yet TSCC ignores T3? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
                          The show was great, but they are editing out the school shooting part which is lame.

It's really REALLY good, and will have more to do with Sky... whatever the company is called.

And I love the fact that is being made by the T3 people, like all of them, and they are throwing T3 out the window.
                          SkyNet

anyway i guess the continuity of terminator 2 works better for a TV show, there's not much that could happen at the end of T3, as far as i remember, and anyway, does TSCC actually make the events of T3 impossible to come after the series, continuity wise?
                          Spoiler:
                          Disclaimer:
                          Quotes!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                            does TSCC actually make the events of T3 impossible to come after the series, continuity wise?
                            Yes, oh yes.

The show has a completely different time line than T3. It follows T2 with every detail. In T3 Sarah Connor is dead and there hadn't been a Terminator after them since T2. In the first episode there are two Terminators, and she's obviously alive and well.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
                              Yes, oh yes.

The show has a completely different time line than T3. It follows T2 with every detail. In T3 Sarah Connor is dead and there hadn't been a Terminator after them since T2. In the first episode there are two Terminators, and she's obviously alive and well.
                              fair enough, i seem to be hearing mixed reviews about this, so i'm just going to have to try it out on my own and form my own opinion, best way to do it i guess.
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              Quotes!
                              sigpic

Comment

Oreo, it's not nice to give out such major spoilers without using spoiler code.

The TV show is ignoring the third movie, Rise of the Machines, because...
                                Spoiler:
                                In Rise of the Machines, Sarah Connor is already dead (cancer), and John Connor mentions (through narration) that nothing has happened since the events of Judgment Day (the movie). The movie ended with Judgment Day (the event). A TV show set after T3 would be post-apocolyptic, and a TV show set between T2 and T3 would have to be completely void of Terminator characters and kill off Sarah after a few years. This is why the TV show ignores the T3.

While the TV show ignores Rise of the Machines, the upcoming Terminator 4 will pick up where T3 left off, but set years later.

Comment

Working...
                                X