Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chocolate_muffin View Post
    Spoiler:
    Aye. All though the baby is even more of a Mary-Sue than Belly
    Spoiler:
    That's it we get rid of everyone except Alice.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
      Spoiler:
      That's it we get rid of everyone except Alice.
      Spoiler:
      Good idea. I'll call Blade

... back to topic: very intriguing book series called Age of Unreason, written by J. Gregory Keys. Newton's cannon is the volume in the series.

What would happen if Sir Isaac Newton, one of the greatest scientific minds in human history, actually discovered the secrets of alchemy and magic? Pseudoscience, magic and alchemy all things tasty.
      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

... back to topic: very intriguing book series called Age of Unreason, written by J. Gregory Keys. Newton's cannon is the volume in the series.

What would happen if Sir Isaac Newton, one of the greatest scientific minds in human history, actually discovered the secrets of alchemy and magic? Pseudoscience, magic and alchemy all things tasty.
        Interesting. *nicks off to find books*
        sigpic

Comment

I'll spoiler it

Spoiler:
          After they make sweet love, mutant vampire-human-hybrid baby with supernatural strength and growth speed grows in Bella breaking all her bones in the process and makes Bella drink litres and litres of blood, rips through her uterus and stomach with its teeth killing her

Completely OT: the spoiler button is back!
          wow i might actually pay to watch that, lol.
          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
            Oh, he does after that. And she's the most awesomest and gracefulest vampire that has ever been undead
            and ask for a refund after that.
            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Greg Keyes also wrote The Kingdoms of Thorn and Bone books which I really liked.
              sigpic

Comment

There needs to be more scifi lit on Nikola Tesla...unless there is and I just haven't heard about it...
                "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
                sigpic
                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
                  There needs to be more scifi lit on Nikola Tesla...unless there is and I just haven't heard about it...
                  QFT. The man's a legend.

Comment

Originally posted by brucolac View Post
                    QFT. The man's a legend.
                    "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME!!!

Comment

The Witches of Karres by James H. Schmitz
                      Earthman's Burden by Poul Anderson and Gordon R. Dickson

Comment

Diamond Dogs and Turquoise Days finally arrived today! Will hopefully have time to read it this weekend.

Has anyone read any Culture Novels by Iain M. Banks? I've read a few, the first three I think. They are strange at first, but then you are compelled to read them till the end. And the pretty colours on the covers help!

Comment

One of the best SciFi books I have read, is from the Star Trek: The Next Generation series called "IQ", if anyone here watching TNG I really can recommend this book, it´s awesome!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Haven't read any Pocket Books for YEARS, though I did reread Spock's World last year. It was good to go back to my roots.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hi all,

I'd highly recommend anything by Michael Marshall Smith, particularly Spares and Only Forward. Sorta like a much darker version of Douglas Adams. Very readable.

Also, Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut, one of the more original takes on the SF theme. I'll recommend Sirens of Titan as, although I haven't got round to reading it yet, I can say with great confidence that anything by KV is going to be awesome

I wrote a dissertation last year on post-apocalyptic themes which, although not always technically SF, is usually just as awesome. I'd recommend Cormac McCarthy's The Road as one of the best books I've ever read (haven't seen the film, but the book is no doubt better), and Russell Hoban's Riddley Walker, my favourite book Of All Time!

Comment

Originally posted by albatross View Post

I'd highly recommend anything by Michael Marshall Smith, particularly Spares and Only Forward. Sorta like a much darker version of Douglas Adams. Very readable.
                                I love his books, and I think you should read his thrillers f you want the pants scared off you. He has a nice way with horrific themes, as well as a sick and twisted imagination.

Btw, any fan writers on this thread might like to try this out:

Clicky...

Apparently, I write like Stephen King, with hints of Asimov, Joyce, Palahnuik, and Stoker. Not a shabby list, methinks.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X