Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
    The main European kind of does.
    Hai! lol, was referencing an 80's pop song. Nah, I didn't really like the song. Don't listen to much music. Although, Tom's Diner is catchy for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
      Hai! lol, was referencing an 80's pop song. Nah, I didn't really like the song. Don't listen to much music. Although, Tom's Diner is catchy for some reason.
      Oh I know what song you referring to. Thank you now I will have that song stuck in my head all week.
      sigpic

Comment

James Clavell, about samurai Japan. Based on actual events and characters but written like a fantasy. You'll love how the author transitions your initial hatred of the Japanese culture to one of respect. Fantastically done.
        Sounds cool, ill check it out.
        sigpic

Comment

Liz Phair did a pretty good cover of that song, lol. now i have that stuck in my head.
          sigpic

Comment

I like big thick books. So far the Terry Goodkind series is good, readable, little over the top with melodrama sometimes. I've liked the tree I've read so far
            The most annoying thing I find about this series is, while it is a series, Terry Goodkind pretends you're a new reader for each book. I've lost count of how many times he explains what a Confessor is, I know what they are and why they typically can't "love" a man!

I'm at a stand still on book 5, thinking of just reading a detailed recap and skipping ahead!
            sigpic

Comment

I like big thick books. So far the Terry Goodkind series is good, readable, little over the top with melodrama sometimes. I've liked the tree I've read so far
              I have the Domesday book OK, its not fantasy, or something to read like a normal book, but its still a big bugger

Juliete E. Mckenna's Northern Storm, Western Shore and Eastern Tide. And also Rendezvous With Rama by Arther C. Clark, Fall Of Thanes by Brian Ruckley and The Iliad. I believe one of the Simpsons wrote that
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                The most annoying thing I find about this series is, while it is a series, Terry Goodkind pretends you're a new reader for each book. I've lost count of how many times he explains what a Confessor is, I know what they are and why they typically can't "love" a man!

I'm at a stand still on book 5, thinking of just reading a detailed recap and skipping ahead!
                I have noticed he explains that a lot.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                  I have the Domesday book OK, its not fantasy, or something to read like a normal book, but its still a big bugger
                  I have the Doomsday Book.... And Lord of the Rings, the complete Sherlock Holmes, and the complete works of Shakespeare each in their own books. They're quite hefty.

I just finished rereading Podkayne of Mars and Citizen of the Galaxy by Robert Heinlein. Both good books.
                  || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                    I have the Doomsday Book.... And Lord of the Rings, the complete Sherlock Holmes, and the complete works of Shakespeare each in their own books. They're quite hefty.

I just finished rereading Podkayne of Mars and Citizen of the Galaxy by Robert Heinlein. Both good books.
                    I love Podkayne of Mars.
                    sigpic

Comment

I tried reading one of Red Mars, Green Mars, forget which one, the first one I think. She gives the ending right at the beginning of the book. I didn't like that and didn't wanna read about the politics and relationship things that leads to that ending, plus it's too long. lol, I know, some of you prefer long.

Comment

I want to read the original How to Train Your Dragon books by Cressida Cowell now. I know the first one is NOTHING like the movie, but I was flipping through some of them in Borders and they look freaking hilarious.
                        "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME!!!

Comment

I tried reading one of Red Mars, Green Mars, forget which one, the first one I think. She gives the ending right at the beginning of the book. I didn't like that and didn't wanna read about the politics and relationship things that leads to that ending, plus it's too long. lol, I know, some of you prefer long.
                          Sometimes a book shouldn't be long, there are long books out there that should be half the size....so really a good long book yipee, a long book that goes nowhere... tres boo.

I just finished Soulless, now I need to figure out what is next. I might read Tanith Lee's Silver Metal Lover next. I'm not sure.
                          sigpic

Comment

That title is just so wrong and funny. Silver Metal Lover, there's bestiality and now metality?

Yeah, I know what you mean by length, I couldn't finish the Lord of the Rings cause of that. Way too much detailing for my tastes.

Comment

That title is just so wrong and funny. Silver Metal Lover, there's bestiality and now metality?

Yeah, I know what you mean by length, I couldn't finish the Lord of the Rings cause of that. Way too much detailing for my tastes.
                              More like robot love, I think.

I really like Lord of the Rings, but I can see how it might not be someone's cup of tea.
                              sigpic

Comment

I really liked The Hobbit. But the later ones, I don't know, I'll have to pick it up again. Maybe after reading the big moments, I'll have a greater appreciation for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X