Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post
    They have their place. Like yesterday, when I used one on my boss. I told him about the ending of Dollhouse. His expression was priceless.

You are cruel I just remember when SGA aired in Europe first and The Save Carson and Elizabeth campaigns happened. It was in sig lines, titles, highly annoying.
    sigpic

Comment

Dresden Files
      All James Rollins book especially sigma force series

Comment

just finished up 'House of Suns ' by Alastair Reynolds.

Fantastic hard edged sci-fi that reminded me of "hard SF" From the golden era of the genre - the 50's and 60's.
        Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
        Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Originally posted by Acolyte Of Bli'l'ab View Post
          just finished up 'House of Suns ' by Alastair Reynolds.

Fantastic hard edged sci-fi that reminded me of "hard SF" From the golden era of the genre - the 50's and 60's.
          *puts book on to buy list*
          Sounds like something I would like to read
          no means no, and so does pepper spray
          Sig by The Carpenter
          sigpic

Comment

Has anyone ever read Tek Wars?
            no means no, and so does pepper spray
            Sig by The Carpenter
            sigpic

Comment

I just finished Ranger's apprentice 4 and 5
              Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
              ---
              sigpic

Comment

Book 4 was awesome. Book 5 not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Krichton View Post
                  Book 4 was awesome. Book 5 not so much.
                  Book 5 was alright. I like Alyss. Although the title is misleading, that sorta ticked me off Mom claims we have Madindaw around here somewhere, but we can't find it, so I started a different book.

Autrailia has through book 9 released. The US only resently released book 7. That also ticks me off.
                  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                  ---
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                    Ender's Game is definitely another Sci-fi must-read.
                    Indeed! I loved that book
                    "The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, & weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't."
                    -Brom in Eragon

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
                      I just finished Ranger's apprentice 4 and 5
                      I LOVE those books! I can't wait for the next one to come out!
                      "The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, & weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't."
                      -Brom in Eragon

Comment

Saturn's Children it was a bit uneven and could have been shorter.
                        sigpic

Comment

I've been reading E.E. Knight's Dragon series lately. Just finished the second book today, Dragon Avenger. I'm really loving this series. How it's written from the dragon's point-of-view. Excellent work!
                          sigpic
                          "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                          Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Anathema - Neal Stephenson, so far I am enjoying.
                            sigpic

Comment

Out of random curiosity I now somewhat want to read the Percy Jackson series...
                              "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Not sure if it can be considered a sci-fi or Fantasy book... but horror... but I want to looking into reading Shutter Island, before seeing the movie. The book is hopefully better.

Comment

Working...
                                X