Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
    Going by the "Where's Neil?" section on his website, probably not this year.
    Sadness.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm currently reading the twilight watch by sergei lukyanenko. I've previously read the night watch and day watch.

I also read I am legend not so long ago, which I thought was really good.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Anyone else read Empress by Karen Miller?

Brilliantly, abhorrent, sociopathic main character. Fantastically disturbing imagery. I hated it, but couldn't put it down.
        sigpic

Comment

I got my copy of The Graveyard Book!!!!!!!!!!! Only on page twenty so far, but loving it!

Comment

Jealous over here. :: pouts ::

How is it so far?
            sigpic

Comment

I just finifshed riding Ringworld by Larry Niven. one of the most briliant book I have ever read. It's a cult book and I recomend it to enyone who hasn't read it. I also recomend Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                Not like 28 days later horror... but a more of a mystery horror book.
                Try "Cell" from Stephen King or Duma Key.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                  Jealous over here. :: pouts ::

How is it so far?
                  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you get it soon!!!!!!!!!

I had to go to two places to find it this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by igor108367 View Post
                    I just finifshed riding Ringworld by Larry Niven. one of the most briliant book I have ever read. It's a cult book and I recomend it to enyone who hasn't read it. I also recomend Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.
                    i keep meaning to read both of them, but always get caught up with other books, mostly new ones, and the SF Masterworks Series.
                    only a couple of days now until Peter F Hamiltons "The Temporal Void" is released
                    Spoiler:
                    Disclaimer:
                    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                    Quotes!
                    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm finally reading the last Harry Potter book. Amazingly enough, I haven't been spoiled for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
                        I'm finally reading the last Harry Potter book. Amazingly enough, I haven't been spoiled for anything.
                        Holy crap. Really? That's amazing.

Comment

I am reading "the Fall of Hyperion" Av recommended it. It is a sequel to "Hyperion" obviously.
                          I also reread "The Forever War" ..
                          no means no, and so does pepper spray
                          Sig by The Carpenter
                          sigpic

Comment

One of my favourite fantasy series is the Flat Earth series by Tanith Lee. I so want to add this series to my collection but they're out of print.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Betelgeuze View Post
                              One of my favourite fantasy series is the Flat Earth series by Tanith Lee. I so want to add this series to my collection but they're out of print.
                              They have them at Amazon.com, I just checked. some really cheap prices too.
                              no means no, and so does pepper spray
                              Sig by The Carpenter
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                                Holy crap. Really? That's amazing.
                                It's not that hard if you don't go on any forums! I still wouldn't know if I hadn't of asked a friend who's daughter had read it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X