Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    read peter f hamilton books
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

The Magician's Guild by Trudi Canavan. So far I'm loving it!
      sigpic

Comment

I just bought Madeline L'Engle's Many Waters and A Swiftly Tilting Planet yesterday, since I've only read the first 2 books in the Time Quartet and I wanted to finish it. Does anyone know which of those two is supposed to come first?
        "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
        sigpic
        Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
          I just bought Madeline L'Engle's Many Waters and A Swiftly Tilting Planet yesterday, since I've only read the first 2 books in the Time Quartet and I wanted to finish it. Does anyone know which of those two is supposed to come first?
          I've always read Many Waters last. It's also one of my favorites of the series.
          Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
          sigpic

Comment

This is the order they were published:

A Wrinkle in Time (1962)
            A Wind in the Door (1973)
            A Swiftly Tilting Planet (1978)
            Many Waters (1986)

The first one is my favorite, with the second one close behind. I didn't care overmuch for the third one and I enjoyed the last one quite a bit....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
              This is the order they were published:

A Wrinkle in Time (1962)
              A Wind in the Door (1973)
              A Swiftly Tilting Planet (1978)
              Many Waters (1986)

The first one is my favorite, with the second one close behind. I didn't care overmuch for the third one and I enjoyed the last one quite a bit....
              Thanks I was confused b/c Many Waters seemed to come (based on plotline) chronologically before ASTP.
              "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
              sigpic
              Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Any one read any of E E Knight's vampire earth series? That's what I'm tearing through now between rereading my Kim Harrison stuff. Soon to start on the latest Dresden Files book.
                Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

Comment

I just started reading Stephen King's Salem's Lot anyone else read it by chance

Comment

i just started reading do androids dream of electric sheep
                    Spoiler:
                    Disclaimer:
                    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                    Quotes!
                    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                      Philip K Dick. I have that one, I loved it. Different from the movie they made it into.
                      no means no, and so does pepper spray
                      Sig by The Carpenter
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                        Philip K Dick. I have that one, I loved it. Different from the movie they made it into.
                        bladerunner, yeah, but at least it's more similar to it's movie than i am legend is to the movie they made it into
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        Quotes!
                        sigpic

Comment

bladerunner, yeah, but at least it's more similar to it's movie than i am legend is to the movie they made it into
                          I never read the book, I saw I am Legend,was the book better than the movie?
                          no means no, and so does pepper spray
                          Sig by The Carpenter
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                            I never read the book, I saw I am Legend,was the book better than the movie?
                            Way better than the movie.

Comment

It's a brilliant book. As awesome as Blade Runner was, it was no match for the book imo. Although, Rutger Hauer completely owned Roy Batty. Made him totally menacing.

Speaking of PKD, I just finished reading Man In The High Castle the other day. I know most say Androids is better but ... I just loved everything about man in the high castle. From the setting, to the characters and even the cover. (I defy anyone not to read the synopsis and be intrigued after seeing the cover!)
                              Last edited by Anubis69; 20 August 2008, 09:56 AM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
                                It's a brilliant book. As awesome as Blade Runner was, it was no match for the book imo. Although, Rutger Hauer completely owned Roy Batty. Made him totally menacing.

Speaking of PKD, I just finished reading Man In The High Castle the other day. I know most say Androids is better but ... I just loved everything about man in the high castle. From the setting, to every character and even the cover. (I defy anyone not to read the synopsis and be intrigued after seeing the cover!)
                                Your right, it does sound interesting, I might have to pick that up soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X