Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now reading "Goldenhand" by Garth Nix.
    sigpic
    Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Re-reading "Foxglove Summer" by Ben Aaronovitch.

Fifth in the "Rivers of London" series of Urban Fantasy/police procedurals.

The sixth book "The Hanging Tree" is due to be published in early November - I hope. It's already been delayed twice.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Stared To Hold the Bridge by Garth Nix.
        sigpic

Comment

"The Hanging Tree" by Ben Aaronovitch.

Long awaited (about a year and a half) sixth novel in the "Rivers of London" Urban Fantasy series, featuring apprentice wizard PC Peter Grant.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

"Star Wars: Dark Disciple" by Christine Golden.

Based on unproduced scripts written by Katie Lucas (daughter of George) for the "Clone Wars" TV series, Jedi Knight Quinlan Vos goes undercover and joins forces with Asaj Ventress in an attempt to assassinate Count Dooku, thus bringing the Clone Wars to an end.
            sigpic

Comment

"Times Squared" by Rick Cross.

"The Grandfather Infestation" by John Peel.

Eighth in the "HAVOC Files" series of Doctor Who spin off novels, filling in some of the blanks in Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart's past between his first encounter with the Doctor in "The Web of Fear", leading up to the formation of UNIT, and the events of "The Invasion".
              sigpic

Comment

"The City of Mirrors" by Justin Cronin.

Third and final book in "The Passage" trilogy.
                sigpic

Comment

"The Emperor's Revenge" by Clive Cussler and Boyd Morrison.

Eleventh in the "Oregon Files" series of hi-tech "Mission: Impossible"-esque action thrillers.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm reading The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrun by J.R.R. (and Christopher) Tolkien.
                    sigpic

Comment

"The Four Legendary Kingdoms" by Matthew Reilly.

Fourth in the "Jack West Jr." series of action adventure novels.
                      sigpic

Comment

"Prince of Outcasts" by S.M. Stirling.

Book 14 in the "Emberverse" series of post-apocalyptic future fantasy novels.
                        sigpic

Comment

"In the Field Marshal's Shadow" by Brian McClellan.

A collection of five short stories from the author's "Powder Mage" universe.
                          sigpic

Comment

"Ghosts of the Tristan Basin" by Brian McClellan.

A novella set in the author's "Powder Mage" universe.
                            sigpic

Comment

"Mind of Stone" by Iain McLaughlin.

Tenth in the "HAVOC Files" series from Candy Jar Books, featuring a pre-UNIT Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart.
                              sigpic

Comment

Just finished "Babylon's Ashes" by James S.A. Corey and on to "The Masked City" by Genevieve Cogman

Comment

Working...
                                X