Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Graveyard Book" by Neil Gaiman.

Which is bloody good.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

"Promise of Blood" by Brian McClellan.

Book one of the "Powder Mage" trilogy of gunpowder fantasy novels.

A bit like Bernard Cornwell's "Sharpe", but with magic. The riflemen can sprinkle some gunpowder on their tongues, or take is as snuff, and it enhances their senses enabling them to control the path of a bullet after it's fired.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

"The Crimson Campaign" by Brian McClellan.

Book two of the "Powder Mage" trilogy.
        sigpic

Comment

The Aeronaut's Windlass by Jim Butcher. Entertaining enough to finish, but not enough for me to care about the next book in the series.

Comment

"The Autumn Republic" by Brian McClellan.

Book three of the "Powder Mage" trilogy.
            sigpic

Comment

Just finished "The Wise Mans Fear" by Patrick Rothfuss. About to start "The Cage" by Megan Shepherd, this was recommended by someone at the library, hopefully it's enjoyable.

Comment

"The Showstoppers" by Jonathan Cooper.

Sixth in the "Lethbridge-Stewart" series of Doctor Who spin off novels, following on from the end of "The Web of Fear", and detailing the events that led to the formation of UNIT and the events of "The Invasion".
                sigpic

Comment

Needed some comfort reading, so I am re reading Anne McCaffrey's Freedom series.

Comment

Leviathan Wakes by pen name James S. A. Corey. Basically science fiction noir. A good summer read.

Comment

"Stay Souls" and "The Glass God" by Kate Griffin (AKA Catherine Webb).

Books one and two in the "Magicals Anonymous" series of Urban Fantasy novels set in London, and spinning off from the author's "Midnight Mayor" sequence.
                      sigpic

Comment

Currently reading "The British Lion" by Tony Schumacher.

Second in the "Detective Sgt. John Rossett" series of crime novels set in an alternate history where Nazi Germany won WWII.
                        sigpic

Comment

Now reading "The Rook" by Daniel O'Malley.

First in a series of Urban Fantasy novels that read like "Spooks" meets "Hellboy", with just a dash of "Yes, Minister".

Very, very good, and very, very funny.

I highly recommend it.
                          sigpic

Comment

"Harry Potter and the Cursed Child" by J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany, and Jack Thorne.
                            sigpic

Comment

"The Grandfather Infestation" by John Peel.

Seventh in the "HAVOC Files" series of Doctor Who spin off novels, filling in some of the blanks in newly promoted Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart's past between his first encounter with the Doctor in "The Web of Fear", leading up to the formation of UNIT, and the events of "The Invasion".
                              sigpic

Comment

"Stiletto" by Daniel O'Malley.

Sequel to "The Rook", and second in the "Checquy Files" series.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X