Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a spoiler for "Skin Games" that spoils nothing

Spoiler:
    Harry is hurt and tired by the end of the book

Comment

"The Crimson Campaign" by Brian McClellan. Book two of the Powder Mage trilogy.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
        Here's a spoiler for "Skin Games" that spoils nothing

Spoiler:
        Harry is hurt and tired by the end of the book
        Does he get any new titles?
        sigpic
        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Finished reading Influx, by Daniel Suarez.
          I highly recommend it
          no means no, and so does pepper spray
          Sig by The Carpenter
          sigpic

Comment

Currently re-reading the increasingly silly, and wonderfully daft (in a good way) "Space Captain Smith" series by Toby Frost.

At the moment, I'm about half way through book three "Wrath of the Lemming Men".
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

I'm about a 1/3 of the way through the 8th Outlander book "Written In My Own Heart's Blood", I am thoroughly enjoying it!!!

Comment

"A Game of Batteships" by Toby Frost. Fourth in the Space Captain Smith series.
                sigpic

Comment

"Age of Shiva" by James Lovegrove.

Book 7 in The Pantheon series.
                  sigpic

Comment

Currently reading my first Pern book - Dragonflight. Rocky start for me with trouble following the dialogue in particular but really enjoying it now with love for how the characters interact with the dragons in particular.

Really looking forward to reading more in the series. It will keep me entertained for a long time I think!
                    Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

The Dragon Riders of Pern are a fun series to read. I have read a few of them. And I have had the pleasure of meeting Anne McCaffrey.

I am going to be getting the Divergent Trilogy for my eldest neice for her 13th Birthday present.
                      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                      To thy own self... Be true
                      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Finished reading "Surface Detail" by Ian M. Banks. Good book, one of the better "Culture" books by him that I've read.

Currently reading "The Republic of Thieves" by Scott Lynch.

Comment

I'm reading Leviathan Wakes by James S. A. Corey.
                          sigpic

Comment

Reading book 2 of Malazan series, Deadhouse Gates. There's always one or two characters that I don't like, Paran in Garden of the Moon and Dukier and Felisin in Deadhouse Gates. I hate how he shoves those characters down our throats. Eh, the rest of the story is interesting enough though that me disliking them is but a minor concern. Erikson's world is really well built and really utilizes fantasy aspects along with superpowered/magical beings.

Read the 2nd book of the Stormlight Archives; I liked it less than The Way of Kings. Sanderson has really well thought out magic/power systems but book took a long time to relay a small amount of events. And he inserted this love triangle thing which I didn't like. Otherwise, the overall story is developing nicely with the progression of certain discoveries and events.

Comment

"Lexicon" by Max Barry.

Two years ago, something terrible was unleashed in an Australian mining town called Broken Hill. Thousands died.

Few people know what really happened.

Emily Ruff is one of them. She belongs to a nameless organisation of "poets": masters of manipulation who can use the secrets of language to warp others to their will. She was one of their most promising recruits until she made a catastrophic error: she fell in love.

Wil Parke knows the truth too, only he doesn't remember it. And he doesn't know why he's immune to the poets' powers. But he knows he needs to run.

As their stories converge, the past is revealed, and the race is on for a deadly weapon: a word.

Because the poets know that words can kill...
                              sigpic

Comment

Finished reading a couple of books. First was "The Republic of Thieves" by Scott Lynch. Good book though not as good as the first two books in the series imo.

I also finished reading "A matter of time" by Glen Cook.

Next up is "Empire in black and gold" by Adrian Tchaikovsky. It's the first book in his "Shadowas of the Apt" series. Not really familiar with the series, the book was on sale and I grabbed it on a whim.

Comment

Working...
                                X