Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm currently working my way through a load of books at the moment.
    The list includes 'The Game of Thrones' series. But I'll give Ms. May a try in addition to what I am already reading.
    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
    To thy own self... Be true
    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I can ask no more than that

(but quietly, if you get into the many coloured land, I think your reading list may alter.....
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Still reading "A Clash of Kings", and Graceling by Kristin Cashore.
        sigpic
        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Graceling has a nice magic system and a decent traditional fantasy story. Fire, her second book, is better though.

Comment

"Long Live the Queen" by Kate Locke. Third and final book in the Immortal Empire trilogy.

Considering I just picked them up on a whim at the library, I have to say, I've really enjoyed this series.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Krichton View Post
              Graceling has a nice magic system and a decent traditional fantasy story. Fire, her second book, is better though.
              Good to know, I'm getting that from the library soon.
              sigpic

Comment

Finished reading "King of Thorns" by Mark Lawrence.

Next up is "Abbadons Gate" by James S.A. Corey.

Comment

Just finished "Knife Edge" by Andrew Lane. Book 6 in the Young Sherlock Holmes series.

Now starting "The String Diaries" by Stephen Lloyd Jones.
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

I recently finished the first four books (The Runelords, Brotherhood of the Wolf, Wizardborn, and The Lair of Bones) of David Farland's Runelords series, then I grabbed a couple of cheap sci fi titles (Scrapyard Ship, and Chaos Quarter) for my kindle and read them.

Comment

Got distracted from A Storm of Swords, now I want to finish Return of the King before the end of the year. So I can watch the movie on Wednesday.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                        Got distracted from A Storm of Swords, now I want to finish Return of the King before the end of the year. So I can watch the movie on Wednesday.
                        If Martin gives us the kind of ending to ASOIAF that Tolkien gave us with LOTR, I'll be more than happy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Shrike View Post
                          I recently finished the first four books (The Runelords, Brotherhood of the Wolf, Wizardborn, and The Lair of Bones) of David Farland's Runelords series, then I grabbed a couple of cheap sci fi titles (Scrapyard Ship, and Chaos Quarter) for my kindle and read them.
                          I read the first seven Runelords books earlier in the year. They get really weird after book five...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                            I read the first seven Runelords books earlier in the year. They get really weird after book five...
                            Yes, I heard through other people who continued the series, post Gaborn, that it wasn't as good as the first four books, so I just left it at that.

I find there is a great deal of controversy over the endowments, with more than a few readers downgrading the series because they disagree with the morality, or lack thereof, behind how they are obtained.

Comment

Finished Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore the other week. It was good, but very anti-climatic.

Currently reading Contact by Carl Sagan. About 3/4 of the way through it. It's very good. Have always enjoyed the movie, but never read the book. Came across a first edition hardcover with the dustjacket all in excellent shape from 1985 at my used book store - for 25¢. WIN.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                                Finished Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore the other week. It was good, but very anti-climatic.

Currently reading Contact by Carl Sagan. About 3/4 of the way through it. It's very good. Have always enjoyed the movie, but never read the book. Came across a first edition hardcover with the dustjacket all in excellent shape from 1985 at my used book store - for 25¢. WIN.
                                Nice. Didn't realize that a first edition of that book was so worthless.

Comment

Working...
                                X