Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have two pieces on the 'go' at the moment.

Jag in Space : Against All Enemies by Jack Campbell.
    Battletech : Wolves on the Border by Robert N. Charrette
    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
    To thy own self... Be true
    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

"The Lair of Bones" by David Farland.

Book four of The Runelords series.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Finished a bunch of books since my last post. They are:

"Turn Coat" & "Changes" by Jim Butcher. Have to say that I was irritated by the cliffhanger ending of "Changes". Really need to get around to buying the next book in the series.

"Lord of Light" by Roger Zelazny. Bought the book because it was in the SF masterworks line of books. It was ok but not my favorite from SF masterworks.

"Emperors Soul" by Brandon Sanderson. Great novella, really wish that Sanderson would write more in the Elantris world. Though I'd prefer it if he'd finish writing the Stormlight archives first

"The Skinner" by Neal Asher. Another solid book by him, definitely worth reading if you like his other works.

Currently reading "The voyages of the Sable Keech" which is the sequel to "The Skinner".

Comment

I'm re-reading The Belgariad by David Eddings. Now on book four.
          sigpic
          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I just finished rage of the Dragon by Margaret Weis. I was pretty happy with it until the end.
            Quarrels and Quills needs some talkative members. Check it out.

RPG Tools - need a name. come here

Comment

I believe I mention the "Space Captain Smith" novels upthread?

Well, there's a fourth one "A Game of Battleships" due out in mid June.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                "The Lair of Bones" by David Farland.

Book four of The Runelords series.
                Im up to book 6 in that series Yet to get 7 though.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                  Im up to book 6 in that series Yet to get 7 though.
                  Just about to start book 5, "Sons of the Oak".
                  sigpic

Comment

I tried reading The Runelords about a decade ago, never made it past book 2 for some reason. I think that it just lost out to the competition for my time back then. Does the series get better as it goes along?

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                      I tried reading The Runelords about a decade ago, never made it past book 2 for some reason. I think that it just lost out to the competition for my time back then. Does the series get better as it goes along?
                      Well, I saw the first half a dozen books in my local library, picked up the first one to give it a go and really enjoyed it.
                      Next time I was at the library they still had books 2-7 on the shelves, so I thought I might as well see how the overall story panned out.
                      sigpic

Comment

Finished reading "The Voyage of the Sable Keech" by Neal Asher. Another solid book from him.

Next up is "The Judging eye" by R. Scott Bakker. This is the first book in his follow up trilogy to the "Prince of Nothing" trilogy.

Comment

I'm now reading...

Battletech : Wolf Pack by Robert N. Charrette.
                          It's a follow up to 'Wolves on the Border' set during the early years of the 'Clan' invasion of the Inner Sphere.
                          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                          To thy own self... Be true
                          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Gotts send out love to enders game...just read it again in anticipation of the movie and it amped me up like the premiere date is tomorrow...finally production companies are realizing that great sci-fi films are the present and with our current tech great sci-fi films make $$$$

Comment

"World Binder" by David Farland.

Book 6 of the Runelords series.
                              sigpic

Comment

I just bought "Ghost story" by Jim Butcher but I´m not sure if it's ok to read it before reading "Side jobs" which is a collection of short stories that came out before "Ghost story". Are there any spoilers about Side jobs in Ghost story? Also, is Side jobs worth reading? I´m usually not a fan of short stories and tend to avoid them.

Comment

Working...
                                X