Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just started reading The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. It's been way too long since I've read a good fantasy novel. So far, I'm really enjoying this one.
    sigpic
    Sig and avi by yamiinsane

Comment

I am very proud of my nieces at the moment.

The eldest is reading 'The Hobbit'. My middle niece is about to start reading LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring. As for the youngest... She's reading one of the Harry Potter books.
      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
      To thy own self... Be true
      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post

The eldest is reading 'The Hobbit'. My middle niece is about to start reading LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring. As for the youngest... She's reading one of the Harry Potter books.
        Good for them.

My two nieces aren't really what you'd call "big readers". They've both read all the Harry Potter books and enjoyed them, but that's about it.

When the older one was around 8 or so, I gave her a copy of Watership Down for her birthday. It was a beautiful book, I think printed specially for a book club. A hardback, in a slipcase, with a fold out map of the area the story takes place in.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

My middle neice likes reading the Doctor Who novels. She got a 'boxset' of some of the 10th Doctor's adventures for Christmas a few years ago.

Comment

Good for your nieces.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
              Good for your nieces.
              It is good. My sister, who is a teacher, may have something to do with it.
              But they all enjoy reading. I'll get them reading some of the 'classics' when they're a little older.

Comment

It is good. My sister, who is a teacher, may have something to do with it.
                But they all enjoy reading. I'll get them reading some of the 'classics' when they're a little older.
                I've been a major bookworm since 3rd grade.
                sigpic

Comment

I think sometimes my mum regrets getting me sorted with a library card when I was a kid.

She keeps asking me "Why do you need so many books?"
                  My reply of "Because I like to read." doesn't really satisfy her for some reason.
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

I think sometimes my mum regrets getting me sorted with a library card when I was a kid.

My reply of "Because I like to read." doesn't really satisfy her for some reason.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post

How many books are there in your collection?

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                        A lot?

I've not counted them all, but I would imagine it's a couple of hundred.
                        sigpic

Comment

A lot?

Yep, I know that feeling. Actually, I'm scared to start counting them. I might never get out of the stacks.

Also, "because I like to read" is always the best answer.
                          Morally Ambiguous Genius Non-Scientist.

ETG is also rambling inanely on DeviantArt | FFNet | Tumblr | Twitter

Comment

Reading is a good skill. My mother asks me that same question about nail polish, don't you have enough, not books though.

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                            A lot?

that's it

Originally posted by EasyThereGenius View Post
                            Yep, I know that feeling. Actually, I'm scared to start counting them. I might never get out of the stacks.

Also, "because I like to read" is always the best answer.
                            I have no idea how many books I have.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
                              That's it
                              Probably a lot more.
                              sigpic

Comment

Probably a lot more.
                                That's better.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X