Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
    i prefered minority report, and bladerunner, and a scanner darkly.. all of them were his too
    didn't see scanner darkly. But you're right they were good ones.
    no means no, and so does pepper spray
    Sig by The Carpenter
    sigpic

Comment

its awesome, its filmed and had this cartoony effect put on it... its almost so good you can forget the apethetic qualities of keanu reeves acting....
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

its awesome, its filmed and had this cartoony effect put on it... its almost so good you can forget the apethetic qualities of keanu reeves acting....
        Keanu Reeves. He's going to be in a remake of "The Day The Earth Stood Still" which is based on a story by Harry Bates, my all time favorite movie. It's going to ruin it.
        Sig by The Carpenter
        sigpic

Comment

i prefered minority report, and bladerunner, and a scanner darkly.. all of them were his too
          "Minority Report" is excellent- never seen "A Scanner Darkly", though I want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
            "Minority Report" is excellent- never seen "A Scanner Darkly", though I want to.
            it's very different to the other action orientated PK. Dick movies, like paycheck or MR, but its definately worth watching, kind of reminded me (in weirdness) of eXistenZ
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

just started reding "The Forever War" by Joe Haldeman, it's pretty good so far, and one of my fave authors says it's good on the cover.. so i can't go wrong
              Spoiler:
              Disclaimer:
              Quotes!
              sigpic

Comment

just started reding "The Forever War" by Joe Haldeman, it's pretty good so far, and one of my fave authors says it's good on the cover.. so i can't go wrong
                Read that one. Loved it. Scary how that could possibly happen.
                Sig by The Carpenter
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                  Read that one. Loved it. Scary how that could possibly happen.
                  not really... it starts in 1997 and i dont remember any tauron attacks

i know what you mean though, except for collapsars, i'm pretty sure they don't exist.

what scares me more is that the war starts over the deaths of less than 1000 people, more people died in 9/11!! it's just crazy how from something so small it gets so out of hand and massive and long lasting!!!, reminds me of iraq in that respect
                  Spoiler:
                  Disclaimer:
                  Quotes!
                  sigpic

Comment

not really... it starts in 1997 and i dont remember any tauron attacks

i know what you mean though, except for collapsars, i'm pretty sure they don't exist.

what scares me more is that the war starts over the deaths of less than 1000 people, more people died in 9/11!! it's just crazy how from something so small it gets so out of hand and massive and long lasting!!!, reminds me of iraq in that respect
                    I did mean how they continued it on and on. And war is not logical.
                    Sig by The Carpenter
                    sigpic

Comment

I just finished "Jhereg" by Steven Brust. I'm not sure if I liked it--it's a bit dark and gritty for my taste. *sigh* But I'm reading one of the sequels now--"Teckla"....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
                        I just finished "Jhereg" by Steven Brust. I'm not sure if I liked it--it's a bit dark and gritty for my taste. *sigh* But I'm reading one of the sequels now--"Teckla"....
                        funny names for books eh, i guess they are distinctive and original though.
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        Quotes!
                        sigpic

Comment

just finished forever war, it was amazing!!
                          Spoiler:
                          Disclaimer:
                          Quotes!
                          sigpic

Comment

I just picked up a book called Firebirds Rising, and let me just say, it's amazing. The novel is actually an anthology of stories written by award winning scifi/fantasy authors so it should have an appeal to every here, and on top of that its actually a series! The first is called Firebirds and the one im reading is the second, with a third due out later this year.

Comment

Originally posted by MartianManhunter View Post
                              I just picked up a book called Firebirds Rising, and let me just say, it's amazing. The novel is actually an anthology of stories written by award winning scifi/fantasy authors so it should have an appeal to every here, and on top of that its actually a series! The first is called Firebirds and the one im reading is the second, with a third due out later this year.
                              I've heard of those - keep meaning to borrow a copy - I love the cover art on "Firebirds Rising."

Comment

I'm really enjoying the Soldier Son fantasy trilogy by Robin Hobb. I started with Shaman's Crossing and recently finished Forest Mage.

Has anyone else read anything by Robin Hobb? I heard that her other trilogies are even better and I wasn't sure where to start.

Comment

Working...
                                X