Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have been reading my way through Darren Shan's Demonata series (10 books total, at least thus far). They're relatively quick reads, being aimed at youth, but it's interesting putting the puzzle pieces together as you read through them and are given more information... I'm about to start book 8, can't wait to see how it ends!
    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
    ames on facebook
    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
      I just finished The Eyre Affair! It was absolutely fantastic! I loved it so much, I immediately got on my Kindle and got the next book in the Thursday Next series Lost in a Good Book. I highly recommend these books-they are campy and hilarious!
      They made me want a Dodo I also eat more toast while reading that series, the Toast Marketing Board would be pleased.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
        They made me want a Dodo I also eat more toast while reading that series, the Toast Marketing Board would be pleased.
        I almost fell out of bed this morning when I read the Toast Marketing Board was the sponsor of the tv interview! And I agree-dodos sound so cute!
        sigpic
        Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
          I have heard that, yup ... am on the waiting list to get it from the local library, will let y'all know my opinion once I get my hands on it!
          You'll be waiting forever, because the book isn't out until like September I think. And even then you still have the library to order it and get it in.

Comment

Originally posted by Krichton View Post
            You'll be waiting forever, because the book isn't out until like September I think. And even then you still have the library to order it and get it in.
            I can be a fairly patient person when I need to be.
            ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
            ames on facebook
            ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

I have Charles Stross's The Atrocity Archives and The Family Trade on order, as they're the first books of their respective series and I'd like to see whether I'm interested. I've enjoyed quite a lot of his books.
              Also I have his Rule 34 (sequel to Halting State) on pre-order, looking forward to that.
              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
              Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
              Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
              Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
              Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

I be readin' The Genesis of Shannara: Gypsy Morhp, by Terry Brooks.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                  I be readin' The Genesis of Shannara: Gypsy Morhp, by Terry Brooks.
                  I enjoyed that series! But then I've enjoyed all the Shannara books.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                    I enjoyed that series! But then I've enjoyed all the Shannara books.
                    This series has been my introduction to Shannara. Which i think is good since its a prequel to the others.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                      This series has been my introduction to Shannara. Which i think is good since its a prequel to the others.
                      I'm showing my age, but I've been reading them as they've been published. *rollseyes* I also enjoyed his Magic Kingdom books as well.
                      sigpic

Comment

Well I'm taking a break from the 31st Century and the worlds of the Battletech universe.
                        And I've started to read the latest addition to the Black Library's Horus Heresy series.

It's called 'Age of Darkness' and is edited by Christian Dunn. As it is an anthology of short stories.
                        Inculding one by James Swallow called 'Liar's Due'.
                        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                        To thy own self... Be true
                        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

A few older series in the fantasy section that I loved and remember so fondly....

Dragon Prince series by Melanie Rawn
                          Sword Singer series by Jennifer Roberson (sp?)
                          Chronicals of the Cheysuli by Jennifer Roberson
                          sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed the Dragon Prince series--haven't thought of them in years!
                            sigpic

Comment

Last night I finished reading the first Foundation novel for the Idon'tknowhowmanyth time
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I need to find more books to read. Been awhile since I've actually read anything. Really thinking I should read some of the Forgotten Realms books.

Oh, forgot...Piers Anthony's Incarnations of Immortality, loved those
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X