Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitokage View Post
    awesome fantasy was The Witcher by Sapkowski and I also loved Eragon and the other books....much better than film
    I love The Witcher I have read this novels few times already...
    I also finished Graveyard Book , also great story, mostly if you like dead people.

Comment

i just finished the sequel to I Am Number Four titled the Power of Six.

Comment

Hi all.
        I'm having a bit of a Battletech fix book wise.
        I've just finished 'Main Event' by Jim Young and have started D.R.T the sequel.
        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
        To thy own self... Be true
        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
          Just finished Field of Dishonor (David Weber). It was an excellent read. Gotta get my paws on the next one now.
          Oh and I'm working my way through The Priest's Graveyard (Ted Dekker) which is pretty wild. Not enjoying it as much as some of his stuff.

Oh and earlier in the month while I was travelling overseas I read Agatha H. and the Airship City (Girl Genius webcomic novelisation) which was quite fun. Science!
          I love all the Honor books by Weber, but I also love his other stuff, too. He is in my top 5 all time favorite authors. I am currently reading the Fate of the Jedi: Conviction. I will have to wait 2 more months for the next book and then 6? months after that for the following book. That is the only thing that makes me crazy on starting a new series!
          sigpic
          Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Sil View Post
            What's it about? (Well, a necromancer? No, clearly a pink fluffy wabbit ).

There's quite a few Dresden fans.
            Cyberpunk, think the origin of that subculture.

Reading Way of Kings, like the ease of readability of Sanderson, doesn't go for that pretentious high prose stuff. He also tends to be more down and dirty, focusing mostly on 'lower class' happenings in fantasy instead of mostly upper class drama crap.

Comment

Just finished "I Am Number Four" by Pitticus Lore. Good read
              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
              ames on facebook
              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

I just finished the sequel, it's alot better than the first book.

Comment

I have heard that, yup ... am on the waiting list to get it from the local library, will let y'all know my opinion once I get my hands on it!
                  ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                  ames on facebook
                  ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

It appears I'm having a Battletech session as to the books I'm reading at the moment.
                    I'm re-reading my Battletech collection book by book.
                    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                    To thy own self... Be true
                    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I just started a book called the Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde. It is hilarious--I'm getting weird looks from people in the waiting room!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                        I just started a book called the Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde. It is hilarious--I'm getting weird looks from people in the waiting room!
                        I so love Thursday Next. That series is a lot of fun.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                          I love all the Honor books by Weber, but I also love his other stuff, too.
                          I just popped into a bookstore while waiting for a movie (x-men) and picked up the next Honor book I'm up to, yay!
                          Oh and they had Green and Blue Mars for when I get around to starting and finishing Red Mars
                          "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                          Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                          Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                          Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                          Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Finished reading "Terminal World" by Alastair Reynolds. Good book but it ends to soon for my taste.

Next up is "Battle for Committment planet" by Graham Sharp Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                              Finished reading "Terminal World" by Alastair Reynolds. Good book but it ends to soon for my taste.

Next up is "Battle for Committment planet" by Graham Sharp Paul.
                              Terminal World is the only one of his books that I have left to read. Have you read his Revelation Space series or his other stand alones?

Comment

I just finished The Eyre Affair! It was absolutely fantastic! I loved it so much, I immediately got on my Kindle and got the next book in the Thursday Next series Lost in a Good Book. I highly recommend these books-they are campy and hilarious!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X