Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
    AHH! I've got to get around to doing that before the last movie comes out.
    According to Wikipedia, it's due for release in the cinemas on 15 July. Doesn't say where though. You best get started soon then!

Comment

Originally posted by Fandom Addict View Post
      According to Wikipedia, it's due for release in the cinemas on 15 July. Doesn't say where though. You best get started soon then!
      Yep, that's the day it comes out in the U.S...so, yeah. I should get on that. Although I can breeze thru HP pretty fast if I have nothing else to do
      "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
      sigpic
      Sig by ME!!!

Comment

I'm currently reading The Cleric Quintet by RA Salvatore, I'm on book II
        sigpic

Comment

I've just started re-reading the BattleTech : The Warrior Trilogy
          Starting with Volume One: Warrior : En Garde by Michael A.Stackpole.
          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
          To thy own self... Be true
          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Just finished Field of Dishonor (David Weber). It was an excellent read. Gotta get my paws on the next one now.
            Oh and I'm working my way through The Priest's Graveyard (Ted Dekker) which is pretty wild. Not enjoying it as much as some of his stuff.

Oh and earlier in the month while I was travelling overseas I read Agatha H. and the Airship City (Girl Genius webcomic novelisation) which was quite fun. Science!
            "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
            Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
            Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
            Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
            Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

The Other Lands: Book two of the Acacia Trilogy by David Anthony Durham
              sigpic

Comment

I've finished the Warrior Trilogy.
                I am now re-reading BattleTech :The Blood of Kerensky Trilogy.
                "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                To thy own self... Be true
                May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I've just started reading Embassytown by China Mieville.
                  sigpic

Comment

Side Jobs [Dresden Files] - Jim Butcher
                    Schattentänzer - Alexey Pehov
                    "Shadow Dancer" - it's not out in English yet and won't be for ages so I was lazy and got the German translation first. Part three of the Chronicles of Siala.

Storm Front - Jim Butcher

I find it funny that I like Sci Fi shows mainly and rather fantasy books in general. Never really come across a really good fantasy show... that I remember to watch so that I really like it [excluding The Dresden Files]. Same can be said about sci fi books....

Sure, people say "What about Merlin?" or questions such as these... Uhhh.. this falls into the "I forget to watch/too busy during the time slot" category.

Comment

Note: Let's exclude from my inability to find good sci fi books: Stargate books/comics, Farscape comics and the Dr. Who (which I honestly can't say I have read) books. Alias technically too.

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Sil View Post
                        Side Jobs [Dresden Files] - Jim Butcher
                        Schattentänzer - Alexey Pehov
                        "Shadow Dancer" - it's not out in English yet and won't be for ages so I was lazy and got the German translation first. Part three of the Chronicles of Siala.

Storm Front - Jim Butcher

I find it funny that I like Sci Fi shows mainly and rather fantasy books in general. Never really come across a really good fantasy show... that I remember to watch so that I really like it [excluding The Dresden Files]. Same can be said about sci fi books....

Sure, people say "What about Merlin?" or questions such as these... Uhhh.. this falls into the "I forget to watch/too busy during the time slot" category.
                        Awesome another Dresden fan?

Read Necromancer by Gibson, cool world he created but didn't really like the overall story. Think I'm gonna try Foucault's Pendulum, heard it's really dense.

Comment

What's it about? (Well, a necromancer? No, clearly a pink fluffy wabbit ).

There's quite a few Dresden fans.

Comment

awesome fantasy was The Witcher by Sapkowski and I also loved Eragon and the other books....much better than film
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm currently reading "Polity Agent" by Neal Asher. This is the fourth "Agent Cormac" book and so far it's been very good just like the other books in the series.

I haven't decided on what to read next, the choice is between reading book two of "The rain wild chronicles" by Robin Hobb or "Terminal World" by Alastair Reynolds. Normally after reading a scifi book I'd go with the fantasy book but the first book in "RWC" just didn't grab me like most of Robins Hobbs other series have.

Comment

Definitely another Dresdan fan over here ....

Finished the latest A. Lee Martinez novel, Chasing the Moon, this afternoon. Bit more existential than his earlier works, but still very humorous! If you're looking for some irreverant humour mixed with your scifi/fantasy concepts, I highly recommend checking his works out!! (If you like Simon R. Green's Nightside or Secret Histories series, or Terry Pratchett's Discworld sagas, you'll probably enjoy A. Lee Martinez' works, and vice versa.)

Am currently reading Stephen King (The Stand) and Darren Shan (Demonata series) although I did just finish The Eyes of the Dragon and 'Salem's Lot, as well as the first installment of the Dark Tower series last week (all by Stephen King ... I seem to be on a bit of a kick atm )

Need to get moving on my Harry Potter re-read before the last movie comes out ... it's been so long since I read them, I've forgotten quite a bit of the B and C plots from the novels! I think I'll continue to pretend the epilogue of book 7 didn't happen though... book 4 continues to hold as my favourite installment *nods to self*
                                ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                                ames on facebook
                                ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Working...
                                X