Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading The Gunslinger, it's ok. Very little action, halfway through it, seems like a long drawn out exposition. It's supposed to be grim, but I just can't feel that for some reason. Might be just me.

Finished the new Wheel of Time book some time ago, was pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
      Reading The Gunslinger, it's ok. Very little action, halfway through it, seems like a long drawn out exposition. It's supposed to be grim, but I just can't feel that for some reason. Might be just me.

I think I am on 9 at the moment of WOT. I can't remember anymore.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
        I think I am on 9 at the moment of WOT. I can't remember anymore.
        Cheers, I didn't like the ones between 5-9 because of the silly politics and *****y women. I did like 10 though for the Mat parts. What do you think of the series so far?

Comment

Cheers, I didn't like the ones between 5-9 because of the silly politics and *****y women. I did like 10 though for the Mat parts. What do you think of the series so far?
          I looked at the book, turns out it is 8 not 9 I think the books manage to hold together fairly well, so far, book 8 is starting to drag a bit. Forget Rand and go back to Egwene, I like her.
          sigpic

Comment

The Dark Tower Gunslinger?
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
              The Dark Tower Gunslinger?
              The one and the same. I'll continue reading hoping the ending is worth it.

Comment

Is it worse than Twilight?
                sigpic

Comment

Err, ending for the book, or the series?
                  sigpic

Comment

Arrrgh, how long is the series then? Is it worth it?

Comment

Arrrgh, how long is the series then? Is it worth it?
                      Sorry to take so long to get back to you
                      The Dark Tower Series is 7 books in length with the gunslinger being the shortest of the 7 (the rest probably average at the 5-600 page mark) I thought it was good, but I felt some of the later books were a bit meh. It's hard to say without blowing the whole story. PM me and tell me what you want to know and I will oblige mate.
                      sigpic

Comment

Finished reading the new Wheel of Time book "Towers Of Midnight" last night. The book was imo great and Iðm really looking forward to the final book in the series.

Next up on the reading list is "The Cosmic Puppets" by Philip K. Dick.

Comment

It's amazing to me that after 12 WOT books, Jordan/Sanderson still felt it necessary to continue developing the Perrin character and wasting an entire book to do so, as if there were still a ton of more books coming out. I don't know why it's so difficult to move the story along when there's only two more books left. I expected tons of action in Towers of Midnight, but all I got was more angst from Perrin concerning ppl calling him, "Lord Perrin," for pete's sake!!!

Comment

lol, yes, that was super annoying. Perrin emos out. That's why I like Mat, simple and straightforward for the most part. Very forward.

It was kinda funny how every main character has been neatly paired off by the end of that.

Comment

I've started reading 'Thousand Sons' one of the 'Horus Heresey' books from Games Workshops Black
                              Library.
                              "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                              Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                              Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                              Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                              I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                              To thy own self... Be true
                              May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                                I've started reading 'Thousand Sons' one of the 'Horus Heresey' books from Games Workshops Black
                                Library.
                                A question for those who enjoy the W40K books
                                Have any of you read the various battletech novels that were around in the late 80's-early 90's and if so did you like them?
                                (actually, anyone can answer, just as they are both TTWG's I thought there might be soome cross-over)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X