Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally finished Rogue Moon.
    Interesting monologue toward the end, almost made the book worth reading, but it ended really weird.
    no means no, and so does pepper spray
    Sig by The Carpenter
    sigpic

Comment

I'm currently reading the first book in the Monster Blood Tattoo trilogy, Foundling, by D.M. Cornish. It's really a unique story and I love the attention to detail Cornish has, especially in creating his fantasy world and making it his own.
      "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
      sigpic
      Sig by ME!!!

Comment

There are just too many books out there.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
          I kept hoping Bella would die.
          With the way she was throwing herself off cliffs and what not just so she could be closer to Edward; I'm surprised she didn't. IMO opinion that gives young girls the wrong idea. Like, "Hey I got boy troubles; maybe I should do something insane to get his attention."
          I was waiting for her to get locked up in a mental institution. She was a picture perfect candidate for an intervention.
          My sister in-law loves Twilight so she made my brother and I watch New Moon with her. There are parts when Bella goes into her room and is literally wailing and cringing in pain. Both my brother and I were like "why is she screaming like that." We were wondering if maybe Bella and Edward had some kind of physical link to the other; and if Edward was being brutally tortured.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
            With the way she was throwing herself off cliffs and what not just so she could be closer to Edward; I'm surprised she didn't. IMO opinion that gives young girls the wrong idea. Like, "Hey I got boy troubles; maybe I should do something insane to get his attention."
            I was waiting for her to get locked up in a mental institution. She was a picture perfect candidate for an intervention.
            My sister in-law loves Twilight so she made my brother and I watch New Moon with her. There are parts when Bella goes into her room and is literally wailing and cringing in pain. Both my brother and I were like "why is she screaming like that." We were wondering if maybe Bella and Edward had some kind of physical link to the other; and if Edward was being brutally tortured.
            that could have been remotely interesting.
            sigpic

Comment

that could have been remotely interesting.
              Yeah it could have. At least then she'd have had a plausible reason to behave in the manner that she was.
              sigpic

Comment

There are just too many books out there.
                I keep finding more and more to read and there just. isn't. TIME!!!!!!!! *headdesk*
                sigpic
                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
                  I keep finding more and more to read and there just. isn't. TIME!!!!!!!! *headdesk*
                  There are simply just too many books to devour and never enough time to do it in.
                  sigpic

Comment

Mmhm.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Since Twilight was mentioned here recently has anyone seen the Vampires Suck Trailer lol. If not here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHkPJ1ACLrg
                      sigpic

Comment

I just figured out I still have 6 or 7 books to buy for WOT.

and someone reviewing the Songs of Fire and Ice says that there is "REALISTIC MEDIEVAL DIALOGUE" (reviewers caps not mine). For some reason I find this humorous.
                        sigpic

Comment

Since Twilight was mentioned here recently has anyone seen the Vampires Suck Trailer lol. If not here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHkPJ1ACLrg
                          LOLOLOLOL yes I've seen that xD

and someone reviewing the Songs of Fire and Ice says that there is "REALISTIC MEDIEVAL DIALOGUE" (reviewers caps not mine). For some reason I find this humorous.
                          you're not the only one. wow
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
                            LOLOLOLOL yes I've seen that xD

you're not the only one. wow
                            Lol. That makes it sound as though its historical fiction, which its not. I guess the reviewer was talking about the similarities between some of the events in the book and War of the Roses and other RL happenings during that period. It may have been influenced by it but I wouldn't call the dead people coming back to life, magic, and dragons realistic.

I keep seeing the promos for that movie on TV. I first saw the one where the fauxBella starts kissing fauxEdward and he hits her in the head with a lamp, holds up his hand and says "purity ring". I went into a fit of giggles after seeing that, lol.
                            LOL now I've got that line from that song stuck in my head. "It's rainin men! Hallelujah! It's ranin men!" lol
                            sigpic

Comment

LOL I love the part in the original trailer where Jacob takes his shirt off and Bella's like "What are you doing?" and he goes "Contract says I have to take my shirt off every 5 minutes" or something xD And then he sprays cologne all over himself.

sigpic
                              Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Lol. That makes it sound as though its historical fiction, which its not. I guess the reviewer was talking about the similarities between some of the events in the book and War of the Roses and other RL happenings during that period. It may have been influenced by it but I wouldn't call the dead people coming back to life, magic, and dragons realistic.

I keep seeing the promos for that movie on TV. I first saw the one where the fauxBella starts kissing fauxEdward and he hits her in the head with a lamp, holds up his hand and says "purity ring". I went into a fit of giggles after seeing that, lol.
                                LOL now I've got that line from that song stuck in my head. "It's rainin men! Hallelujah! It's ranin men!" lol
                                The reviewer was, but still it just amuses me, especially as you point out it is a fantasy novel .
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X